Living in Belgium

Old May 31st 2023, 1:11 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Living in Belgium

This is too good not to share ...
Enjoy !

https://www.brusselstimes.com/column...box=1685511417

If you’re bored of Belgium you’re bored of life.
Few countries pack so much culture, history, fine food, world-class cities and endearing weirdness into such a small place.
Old May 31st 2023, 4:04 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Belgium

I saw that earlier today

From the first list, there is no disagreement here, particularly #1, #2, #7, #15 and #26, with a very special mention for the second part of #12

From the second list, there's nothing wrong with either #3 or #4

As to the first part of #12 in the first list, I saw this just last week ...

"The Highways and Traffic Agency had implemented an internal guideline from 2003. As it had never been implemented before, it has only now come to light. The guideline does not conform with the language legislation. The language legislation of course takes precedence."
Law takes precedence over an internal directive

Old Jun 2nd 2023, 11:56 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Flanders to give protected heritage status to frietkots

"Chip shops contribute to defining the urban landscape of our villages and towns"

Old Jun 2nd 2023, 1:31 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Amazed they didn't do that donkey years ago !
A frietkot falls under : things I miss from home. It is probably the only thing I miss from home.

't Frietmieke

Maybe now, after 7 years not going back, I should consider the trip.
Just 1 annoying detail : Dog too ill to come with me and would not accept any other carer.

Old Jun 22nd 2023, 6:10 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
Amazed they didn't do that donkey years ago !
A frietkot falls under : things I miss from home. It is probably the only thing I miss from home.

't Frietmieke

Maybe now, after 7 years not going back, I should consider the trip.
Just 1 annoying detail : Dog too ill to come with me and would not accept any other carer.
Let me underscore the health system. Today I go to hospital for my 2nd operation.

My friend in the UK has a similar problem over a similar timescale (non -critical) and hasn't even had an exploratory scan yet after a year. Let alone the chance of an operation. I had 2 MRI scans in a week of being prescribed them, and my final op today. The ops have to be at least 6 months apart and all done and dusted in well under a year.

I still love my home country, UK, but have no regrets about making Belgium my new base since the 90's. I get to London in 2 hours by Train, as I did last week and is great too.

Also the food ... I think one of the best quality/price system in Europe

Thanks Annetje for the great article . Good to 'chat' with you again

Groetjes

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 22nd 2023 at 6:13 am.