Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Your favourite British products - what do you wish you'd brought with you??

Your favourite British products - what do you wish you'd brought with you??

Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favourite British products - what do you wish you'd brought with you??

Originally Posted by turbojamtart
Well I think the IMMI should just go right ahead and grant our Visa so we can go do extensive research into " Tim Tam Straws"!
Tim Tams are sold in Tesco's. You don't need a visa
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future
Default Re: Your favourite British products - what do you wish you'd brought with you??

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Please do tell.........WTH is Irish curry sauce LOL!!
It's basically chip shop curry sauce, so the type of sauce you get if you buy curry chips in a proper chipper back home..

The 'Irish' one is a brand called McDonnells and it's basically a powder you just mix with water.. Probably the least spicy curry you'll ever taste so definitely an Irish take on a proper curry!!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:15 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotfuss
It's basically chip shop curry sauce, so the type of sauce you get if you buy curry chips in a proper chipper back home..

The 'Irish' one is a brand called McDonnells and it's basically a powder you just mix with water.. Probably the least spicy curry you'll ever taste so definitely an Irish take on a proper curry!!
Sounds good to me, will look for it next time I am home.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Schmeva
We're moving across to Sydney next year and I'm mentally starting to pack in my head on what to take and what to leave....

Are there any items that you wished you had bought over but didn't? I love Emma Bridgewater, The White Company, Cath Kidston etc but not sure if I can get all that stuff in Oz. I'd love to know what everyone would pack and take over if they could go back in time.

Thanks!

PS - M&S underwear????
This thread has been hijacked by Bisto & Quaver lovers.Yuk!
If you like Emma Bridgewater just bring what you have,it lasts ages and I`ve never seen it for sale here. The polka dot design is becoming popular here tho` on other china I notice so you may be able to choose pieces which are compatible. Good equivalent china can be found at Myers/David Jones etc . There does seem to be a big gap between the classic companies such as Wedgewood & Royal Doultan etc and bog standard with not much inbetween. White House does not exist here but the closest I can find is Bed Bath & Table which is a store I love. Bedding is not v. good quality here in general so if you want White House quality linens etc you`ll have to buy mail order from UK. The good news is that Kath Kidston( and similar) is begining to become popular. However looking around you will find nice things, just a little different. Anyway life will be different here so maybe it`ll be nice to have a few different things.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking the other day, the thing I really miss is the variety and scope of UK magazines. Over here it's just basically a few low end celeb mags and cookery/fitness/craft mags. And every possible kind of sport. But dare I say nothing intellectually challenging or particularly cultural! And I miss all the good travel and wildlife magazines from the UK