Wikiposts

young mum

Old May 12th 2006, 6:23 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: young mum

Originally Posted by WendyC
It says the UK is 28.4% per 1,000

Still higher I know, but not nowhere as bad as the USA with 54.4%
No, it says England and Wales is 28.4 per 1,000.

I added the Scotland figures to reach a total for the UK. Now I've just realised that I should have added Northern Ireland as well (somehow managed to miss it the first time around!) which pushes the total up to a staggering 79.2.

The figure, by the way, is not a percentage; it's the number pf pregnancies per 1,000 females aged 15-19.

If it was a percentage, we'd know all about it! :scared:
Old May 12th 2006, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: young mum

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
No, it says England and Wales is 28.4 per 1,000.

I added the Scotland figures to reach a total for the UK. Now I've just realised that I should have added Northern Ireland as well (somehow managed to miss it the first time around!) which pushes the total up to a staggering 79.2.

The figure, by the way, is not a percentage; it's the number pf pregnancies per 1,000 females aged 15-19.

If it was a percentage, we'd know all about it! :scared:

:scared:

I forgot about Scotland
Old May 12th 2006, 6:26 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: young mum

I'm over it now, don't worry.
Phew.

I do think that in this case the girls mother is probably to blame, she hasn't really made her daughter face up to the consequences of her actions.

I was a bit of a bugger when I was growing up, my mum didn't know any of it. She'd have skinned me alive had she known.

I'd get drunk with my mates at 13 and I started smoking at 12. I'd make damn sure she never saw me like that though. She didn't know I smoked until I was 16 when I told her, even though I had a one year old baby.

I did know what I was doing and I did take responsibility for it. I agree that that is where there is a problem. Every one these days passes the blame to the next person and I too hate to think about what it's going to be like in say 10 years time.
Excellent points. Well said.
Old May 12th 2006, 6:26 am
Fighting my corner

Wink Re: young mum

:scared:

I forgot about Scotland
I tried to, but failed.
Old May 12th 2006, 6:29 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to, but failed.
Oi!!! I`m watching you wee man!!
Old May 12th 2006, 6:51 am
Fighting my corner

Red face Re: young mum

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Oi!!! I`m watching you wee man!!
Ooops, looks like I did forget after all! :scared:
Old May 12th 2006, 7:00 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: young mum

A 15-year-old boy is being prosecuted in connection with the case of a girl who fell pregnant at the age of 11.

The girl from West Lothian - who would become one of the UK's youngest mothers - told a newspaper that she was looking forward to having her child.

The teenage boy is due to appear in court in July charged with rape because of the age of the girl, who is now 12.

[...]

A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said the girl's case would be the subject of a child protection review.
Source.

Very interesting. In most cases, the police will not press charges unless the girl insists.

So either they are finally starting to do what they're paid to do in cases like these, or the girl has made a formal complaint.
Old May 12th 2006, 7:06 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

A 15-year-old boy is being prosecuted in connection with the case of a girl who fell pregnant at the age of 11.

The girl from West Lothian - who would become one of the UK's youngest mothers - told a newspaper that she was looking forward to having her child.

The teenage boy is due to appear in court in July charged with rape because of the age of the girl, who is now 12.

[...]

A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said the girl's case would be the subject of a child protection review.
Source.

Very interesting. In most cases, the police will not press charges unless the girl insists.

So either they are finally starting to do what they're paid to do in cases like these, or the girl has made a formal complaint.
The girl is a minor. It's not her call whether the boy is charged or not. It's not even the parent's call. It is a police matter and would have involved consultation with the crown prosecutors office and social services.
Old May 12th 2006, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

I read this article this morning about the young girl then on the radio this morning i heard this.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12052006/14...rs-mother.html

My daughter is only 8 and all i want to do is wrap her in cotton wool, I just hope that when she is at that age that she feels it time for oooohhhh can't even say it. She will feel like she can come and talk to me.

Stacey xx
Old May 12th 2006, 7:52 am
Fighting my corner

Arrow Re: young mum

Originally Posted by kiwichild
The girl is a minor. It's not her call whether the boy is charged or not. It's not even the parent's call. It is a police matter and would have involved consultation with the crown prosecutors office and social services.
In theory, that is true. But in practice (ie. the real world) the police generally do not press charges unless the girl in question makes a complaint.

In the case of the Derby "baby factory", two of the mothers were having underage sex with their mother's knowledge and consent! This is made even more shocking when you realise that one of them was 11 years old at the time.

Twice-divorced Julie Atkins lives with her three daughters and three grandchildren. There is not one committed father for any of them. Two of the babies’ fathers are teenage boys, while the third is a 38 year-old man.

Two of Mrs Atkins’s daughters, 14 year-old Jemma and 15 year-old Jade — mothers of 15 month-old T-Jay and five month-old Lita respectively — are well below the age of sexual consent.

Her third daughter Natasha, mother of six month-old Amani at the grand old age of 18, has previously had two miscarriages and an abortion.
Source.

And as far as I'm aware, none of the fathers have been charged with statutory rape.

The situation become even more ludicrous when you realise that the government does not require health workers to report known cases of underage sex.

So while laws against underage sex are definitely in place, they are being ignored on a daily basis - even by the government itself.

This hopeless and self-contradictory muddle is a recipe for social disaster; in short, the situation in which Great Britain currently finds herself.
Old May 12th 2006, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the maths and anatomy in this thread have gone a little astray.

Last time I checked a pregnancy comes to conclusion with a birth (live or still) or an abortion. Therefor to understand the pregnancy rate you need to consider both.

Australia
birth 19.8%
Abortion 54.1%

Total prenancy rate per 1000 73.9%

UK
birth 28.4%
Abortion 40.2%

Total pregnancy rate per 1000 68.8%

Last edited by jad n rich; May 12th 2006 at 9:24 am.
Old May 12th 2006, 9:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Some of the maths and anatomy in this thread have gone a little astray.

Last time I checked a pregnancy comes to conclusion with a birth (live or still) or an abortion. Therefor to understand the pregnancy rate you need to consider both.

birth 19.8%
Abortion 54.1%

Total prenancy rate per 1000 73.9%

birth 28.4%
Abortion 40.2%

Total pregnancy rate per 1000 68.8%
Now don't go trying to confuse the readers with facts J & R

You know that the truth has little place on the 'barbie'.....this is the place for UK bashing after all

G
Old May 12th 2006, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Now don't go trying to confuse the readers with facts J & R

You know that the truth has little place on the 'barbie'.....this is the place for UK bashing after all

G
Sorry grayling but the thought of all those 12 year olds walking around pregnant for ever never coming to conclusion worried me a bit.

Apart from that its all going on here anyway, welfare dependency is rife and benefits are far higher than in the UK. Teenage pregnancy, can be a bit hush hush, they do have the right to keep their medical files private from their parents, kids are sexually active very early here. However I still think 12 is unusually early in either country. Thats why these stories make the papers, like the 10 + 12 year old gang rape kids here. Medias out there to make a buck be it a dollar or a pound.
Old May 12th 2006, 9:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Sorry grayling but the thought of all those 12 year olds walking around pregnant for ever never coming to conclusion worried me a bit.

Apart from that its all going on here anyway, welfare dependency is rife and benefits are far higher than in the UK, teenage pregnancy too but they do have the right to keep their medical files private from their parents, kids are sexually active very early here. However I still think 12 is unusually early in either country. Thats why these stories make the papers, like the 10 + 12 year old gang rape kids here. Medias out there to make a buck be it a dollar or a pound.
Do you actually mean that girls actually have sex and get pregnant in Australia?

I thought that they did not do "that sort of thing" but played with dolls until they were at least 20 and then became teachers or nurses.

I thought that was why australia needed all these IMMIGRANTS ...to keep up the population...I'm shocked!!! :scared:

G
Old May 12th 2006, 10:00 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
I would agree with you. When my dad came out of the army, we lived in a council house as did all my mum and dad's family. We were brought up with values and we fought so hard against the predudice of being in a council estate. Admittedly it was a nice area with very little crime. But those in the private houses did look down on us.
We had a 14 year old in our village fall pregnant in the 80's it scandalised our village, so much that the family moved away. This girl went to a private school and her father was the local vicar. So it could happen to any one. But parents ultimatly are responsible for what their children get up to. I always think if you start early with teaching disapline, values and repect and knowing right from wrong, then children will be on the right path. It is very hard in todays society to keep children on the right path.
I recently had a visit from social services as some nasty person had over heard a conversation, i was having .She reported me to the school saying i was being cruel to my children (as if) the teacher reported this so called incident straight to social services. She thought me being on my own with 3 boys must make it true. What a shock i got having them turn up on my door.
All i had said in a tongue in cheek conversation was if my little one gets out of bed once more tonight i will put him in the shed. the person i was talking to knew i was kidding.
Society so easily jumps to conclusiions.But in this case something is definatly wrong when children are having babies.
Mandy

I hope you had taken the matress oot the shed before they came

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.