Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Oct 5th 2021, 12:20 pm
  #301  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,317
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Brisbannite View Post
I think Queenslanders have got more sense than to block that number, give us some credit.

I'm looking forward to getting my text, thanks for all your hard work of being part of the war (against covid) effort.

This is way better than that ridiculous letter that Scotty from Marketing sent out. What a waste of resources, and at a time when Auspost was really under the pump with delayed deliveries.
Re the blocking of the number, the initial feedback shows that it is actually a serious concern. Most people would not realise that its the number used in disasters, and the message is being viewed by many as spam, similar to the stuff sent out by the UAP recently. To them its just a random phone number. And its nothing to do with being a Queenslander, the message goes to everyone
Pollyana is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2021, 9:35 pm
  #302  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,907
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Re the blocking of the number, the initial feedback shows that it is actually a serious concern. Most people would not realise that its the number used in disasters, and the message is being viewed by many as spam, similar to the stuff sent out by the UAP recently. To them its just a random phone number. And its nothing to do with being a Queenslander, the message goes to everyone
It's quite telling the disaster service has to be used to try and get people vaccinated. The stick approach coupled with an outbreak worked here. They should try that.
Beoz is offline  
Old Oct 6th 2021, 2:06 am
  #303  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 247
Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
There were other options, which may have been more appropriate than using Emergency Alert, but QHealth stuck to their guns and wanted it done this way. I guess they have their reasons but we are too lowly to be privy to them Maybe they are hoping this way they won't be saddled with the bill
QLD Health has heaps of very clever and capable people Polly, so you can rest easy.

You may recall that health departments have been using that Emergency Alert number for well over a year to issue Covid-19 messages. For instance, this one was sent around October time in 2020 and there have been others, none of which appear to have caused much drama.

I think it is an excellent idea. I'm a little bit disappointed that I've not received a text yet but assume that's because I've already been jabbed.

In other good news: today is another doughnut-day for QLD; and the Check In QLD app now has a link to vaccination bookings .

Last edited by Brisbannite; Oct 6th 2021 at 2:10 am.
Brisbannite is offline  
Old Oct 6th 2021, 11:52 am
  #304  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,317
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Brisbannite View Post
QLD Health has heaps of very clever and capable people Polly, so you can rest easy.

You may recall that health departments have been using that Emergency Alert number for well over a year to issue Covid-19 messages. For instance, this one was sent around October time in 2020 and there have been others, none of which appear to have caused much drama.

I think it is an excellent idea. I'm a little bit disappointed that I've not received a text yet but assume that's because I've already been jabbed.

In other good news: today is another doughnut-day for QLD; and the Check In QLD app now has a link to vaccination bookings .
That screenshot message was not issued by Queensland Government, Different State, different rules. In addition the provider of the system has changed in the last two months, the new system is provided by Everbridge and has many different parameters from the old system. However that campaign would have been minute compared to this.
You have not received a message yet because we have over 7 million to send and no telephony system can send all those at once. I refer you to the details on your other thread. It is absolutely othing to do with whether you have been vaccinated or not, the messages are being sent to every mobile with a registered service address in Queensland. But you may not get yours for days yet.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Oct 6th 2021, 9:39 pm
  #305  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,907
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
QHealth stuck to their guns and wanted it done this way.
It's pretty sad that Qhealth are calling all the shots in Qld. Sounds like it needs some leadership, which takes advice from Qhealth, and advice from everywhere else, and makes a balanced decision. The Palette can only say "it's the health advice" for so long.
Beoz is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2021, 8:18 pm
  #306  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 247
Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
That screenshot message was not issued by Queensland Government, Different State, different rules. In addition the provider of the system has changed in the last two months, the new system is provided by Everbridge and has many different parameters from the old system. However that campaign would have been minute compared to this.
You have not received a message yet because we have over 7 million to send and no telephony system can send all those at once. I refer you to the details on your other thread. It is absolutely othing to do with whether you have been vaccinated or not, the messages are being sent to every mobile with a registered service address in Queensland. But you may not get yours for days yet.
So, I got my text, bit of a non event really but I appreciated the sentiment.
Brisbannite is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2021, 1:08 am
  #307  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,317
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Brisbannite View Post
So, I got my text, bit of a non event really but I appreciated the sentiment.
Don't shoot the messenger - we only press the buttons, and there were a lot of those!
Pollyana is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2021, 8:31 am
  #308  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 247
Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

All good, I appreciate the work you do and it can't be easy under present circumstances.
Brisbannite is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2021, 7:10 am
  #309  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,907
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Well that's sad news. Due to the scare campaign waged by the likes of the Queensland Chief Health Officer, the the longer lasting, easier to get vaccine will cease production in Australia at the end of the year.

18,000 jabs of AZ compared to 12,000 jabs of Pfizer have been delivered in Australia.

Well at least 2 thirds of Australians (at the moment) have the longer lasting vaccine. For the rest of us who were forced or foolishly chose Pfizer, we will have to fight for imported boosters.

RIP AZ.

Beoz is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2021, 7:53 am
  #310  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 247
Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Well that's sad news. Due to the scare campaign waged by the likes of the Queensland Chief Health Officer, the the longer lasting, easier to get vaccine will cease production in Australia at the end of the year.

18,000 jabs of AZ compared to 12,000 jabs of Pfizer have been delivered in Australia.

Well at least 2 thirds of Australians (at the moment) have the longer lasting vaccine. For the rest of us who were forced or foolishly chose Pfizer, we will have to fight for imported boosters.

RIP AZ.
More misinformation. I'm not sure whether you make up this rubbish as you go along, or if you just need to quit Facebook. But I do know for certain that you're no good at maths.
Brisbannite is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2021, 10:03 am
  #311  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,907
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Brisbannite View Post
More misinformation. I'm not sure whether you make up this rubbish as you go along, or if you just need to quit Facebook. But I do know for certain that you're no good at maths.
Just because you foolishly waited doesn't mean you can write of factual information as misinformation.
Beoz is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2021, 8:29 pm
  #312  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 247
Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Comedy gold
Brisbannite is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2021, 10:34 pm
  #313  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,907
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Brisbannite View Post
Comedy gold
What a comeback. Again
Beoz is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2021, 2:42 am
  #314  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,907
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Brisbannite View Post
Comedy gold
And before you start preaching how wonderful that half wit former CHO is in Queensland, another backup for your floored ivaccinae deals of your state's leaders.

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...f660c68e8d7724
Beoz is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2021, 7:15 am
  #315  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 247
Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
And before you start preaching how wonderful that half wit former CHO is in Queensland, another backup for your floored ivaccinae deals of your state's leaders.

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...f660c68e8d7724
thanks, I needed a good laugh at the end of a hard day's work. Keep 'em coming.
Brisbannite is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.