Are you a snob?

Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a snob?

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
And is it true that you've morphed into a good old, chip-on-the-shoulder, inverted snob that is the stereotypical Aussie?
Sorry, forgot this........................
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Hutch turning into a troll....hmmmm. I'm sure he will be along soon to challenge that.
Well, yes it was a loaded question as I've admitted, but I don't think it's any less troll-like than the stock responses doled out to pretty much any question on this forum by the usual suspects. It's something that's been bugging me for a while now. People like yourself and most of the other people who've popped up out of the woodwork to reply to this thread are so unrelentingly negative - you (group you, not you in particular) come across as a pack of bullies.

I wondered to myself, what would an outsider make of it all. And the conclusion I came to was that they'd think you all sounded like a load of post-colonial snobs without a good word to say about anything or anyone, unless it was draped in the Union Jack. The sort of people who talk loudly to Spainish waiters to help them understand 'English' or who'd head for the Rose and Crown pub in Cyprus to experience authentic local nightlife.

Just my two cents.

Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:11 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

And is it true that you've morphed into a good old, chip-on-the-shoulder, inverted snob that is the stereotypical Aussie?
Yes of course, because anyone deluded enough to defend Australia, must have a chip on their shoulder. Thank-you so much for pointing that out to me.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yes of course, because anyone deluded enough to defend Australia, must have a chip on their shoulder. Thank-you so much for pointing that out to me.
Aaah that old Daily Mail journalism-license coming out again.

It's good to be able to call on it when convenient.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:19 am
Australia's Doorman

Aaah that old Daily Mail journalism-license coming out again.

Ah, the old Daily Mail journalism reference coming out again.

Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:20 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Hutch is a bit of a hand grenade poster these days... chuck one in and then leg it while the explosion goes off.
Forum Terrorist?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:21 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Forum Terrorist?
I prefer the phrase Freedom Fighter.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Forum Terrorist?
expat extremist?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:22 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hutch - NSW's answer to the Tooting Popular Front.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:23 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer the phrase Freedom Fighter.
"Im the self inflicted, mind detonator.
Yeah. Im the one infected, twisted animator.
"

Good song that...
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
My Mum is a snob which is funny as she came from a very large poor family in Hackney.I remember when Eastenders started and I asked her if she was going to watch it as she was an Eastender and she went madMy Dad had to tell me never to ask her againI have always been a disappointment to her but then again she has my snobby brother to be proud of
Sounds like my own mother-Barmy old girl
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Hutch - NSW's answer to the Tooting Popular Front.
Wolfie Smith made some fine points!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:26 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
expat extremist?
Nah - not expat - hate that word. An expat's someone who moves to a country on a temporary basis, lives in a ghetto-style enclave of fellow countrymen, makes no effort to fit in and refuses to accept that they're actually in another country, and slags off anything local, before hopping on a plane 'home' a year or two later.

I'm an immigrant.

Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:36 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah - not expat - hate that word. An expat's someone who moves to a country on a temporary basis, lives in a ghetto-style enclave of fellow countrymen, makes no effort to fit in and refuses to accept that they're actually in another country, and slags off anything local, before hopping on a plane 'home' a year or two later.

I'm an immigrant.

I thought your parents were/are Australian?.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm an immigrant.

And i'm an immigrant too! Thankfully not for much longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.