British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Are you a snob?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/you-snob-526917/)

themerlin Apr 4th 2008 12:22 pm

Re: Are you a snob??

I often look down on people from my 10 year old Daewoo Nubira :cool:

Originally Posted by gobbyjock (Post 6161007)
who drove an old banger??

Bernieboy Apr 4th 2008 12:29 pm

In my job i see the rich and the poor and trust me when their kid is sick it dont matter how much or how little they got,they are well and truely in the same boat and treated that way.Except of course the private arab patients whom the consultants and dr's will lick the parents arse's to please them,well not Bernieboy.The kid first and always,**** the rest and dont dare offer me a rolex for my time:mad: Pheeew i feel sooooo much better for that cheers

gobbyjock Apr 4th 2008 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 6161067)
i AGREE.

I was in my lexus twin turbo the other day, parked next to my cascading waterfall pool, wet edge from Majestic Pools, overlooking my 30,000 acres, stood in my versace suit, pringle jumper beer belly and raybans, and thought... im now normal.

LMAO

:rofl:Yep I think that`s what it is the bragging!!

gobbyjock Apr 4th 2008 12:38 pm

[QUOTE=Bix;6161112]Met an expat a while ago who said they had problems adapting and making friends.
Every other sentence was running the place down.
"I can't believe they do this, I can't believe they do that. Can't get this, can't get that".....full of it.
It got wearing so I eventually suggested that maybe Aus wasn't the place for them.
"Oh no, we love it here" they said :blink:

:rofl:!!

Centurion Apr 4th 2008 12:39 pm

I think I am a snob actually in some things. Not particularly material things but I do get judgemental about people from time to time. I believe that everyone does it to some degree or another.

If you think you don't, well done you managed to overcome the basic human DNA instinct. Maybe you'll be do kind as to share the secret with humanity.

gobbyjock Apr 4th 2008 12:44 pm

The thing is I know you get reverse snobbery too - where people refuse to have anything to do with someone just because they come from a "posh" area, or speak with a mouth full of marbles (as my dear old mum used to say), rather than giving folk a fair go.
I know some people are really honest about their snobbery and fair play to them - in some it can be quite a funny/endearing thing- I had a boss who owned a real Rolex - it didn`t actually work mind you but that didn`t stop him wearing it:lol:

Bix Apr 4th 2008 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 6161163)
I think I am a snob actually in some things. Not particularly material things but I do get judgemental about people from time to time. I believe that everyone does it to some degree or another.

If you think you don't, well done you managed to overcome the basic human DNA instinct. Maybe you'll be do kind as to share the secret with humanity.

Know what you mean but not sure that's necessarily snobbery.

Judgemental is up, down and sideways and borne from personal opinion and prejudice.

Snobbery is always downward and from a Jonses breeding basis.

Does that make sense ?

gobbyjock Apr 4th 2008 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 6161163)

Yep fair point - I guess we do all judge to some extent and really the ones who make rude comments aren`t worth knowing anyway, actually thinking about it- it doesn`t matter because they probably wouldn`t want anything to do with me any way because Im from a lower socio economic class:rofl:!!.

gobbyjock Apr 4th 2008 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6161175)
Know what you mean but not sure that's necessarily snobbery.

Judgemental is up, down and sideways and borne from personal opinion and prejudice.

Snobbery is always downward and from a Jonses breeding basis.

Does that make sense ?

Oooh Bixy - that was very deep!!:thumbup:

Bix Apr 4th 2008 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by gobbyjock (Post 6161183)
Oooh Bixy - that was very deep!!:thumbup:

:lol:

Confucius say "Never test the depth of the water with both feet" ;)

Bernieboy Apr 4th 2008 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6161186)
:lol:

Confucius say "Never test the depth of the water with both feet" ;)

Who did he say that to,heather mills ???

gobbyjock Apr 4th 2008 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 6161039)
Yup, sums me up too.

Although I'll be anyones friend if they give me alcohol :o:D

What about meths???:rofl:

Geelong Gent Apr 4th 2008 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 6161039)
Yup, sums me up too.

Although I'll be anyones .......if they give me alcohol :o:D

You tart:p:rofl::rofl:

Wendy Apr 4th 2008 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by gobbyjock (Post 6161198)
What about meths???:rofl:

In moderation :D

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent (Post 6161202)
You tart:p:rofl::rofl:

Hey, my 'special' friend ;) hows you?

Timber Floor Au Apr 4th 2008 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 6161210)

Hey, my 'special' friend ;) hows you?

Special or Special ! PLEASE DEFINE