Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are you 'old' for your age?

Are you 'old' for your age?

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:44 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you 'old' for your age?

I've found that not having kids helps. I've never had to grow up.

(Having a husband ten years younger than me may also help.)
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:35 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

My feet did actually grow during my mid 20's, although I wouldn't attribute it to getting older.

Before I got pregnant with my daughter, and in the beginning, I wore a size 8 shoe. By the end I was a 9 and have ever since. I was very ticked off that all of my shoes that I had at age 25 no longer fit and had to replace everything. From sandals, to dress shoes, winter boots, running shoes, hockey skates, etc. It was fun replacing some of it, most of it was just annoying though as I really liked the ones I had before.

So yes, women's feet can grow... although I suspect having babies to be more the cause than getting older.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Isn't she one of those "Loose Women" off ITV? I think she was married to Chris Evans...
Yes not married now though.

Caught the show via filmon HD on the net... live.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:05 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by comet555
My feet did actually grow during my mid 20's, although I wouldn't attribute it to getting older.

Before I got pregnant with my daughter, and in the beginning, I wore a size 8 shoe. By the end I was a 9 and have ever since. I was very ticked off that all of my shoes that I had at age 25 no longer fit and had to replace everything. From sandals, to dress shoes, winter boots, running shoes, hockey skates, etc. It was fun replacing some of it, most of it was just annoying though as I really liked the ones I had before.

So yes, women's feet can grow... although I suspect having babies to be more the cause than getting older.
My feet expand in the Sunshine Coast summer... and spring actually - give it a few degrees and I have feet that resemble Frodo & Samwise on a good day! (but cleaner!)

Em x
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
That is so true.

BTW - cure for batwing arms - picking avocados for several hours a day with a 2 to 4 metre pole. Guaranteed toned arms and shoulders. I know.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Yes I am, since we've been here Ive aged alot, healthwise gone down hill too!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Have you noticed that some people seem to run towards old age, an old friend of mine always seemed 'old' and now he is officially a pensioner he seems to love it as though it didnt come soon enough.

Some people seem older than their years, some people seem alot younger. Personally I havent grown up that much and still find childish things funny.

Although I dont consider myself to be MDAL, I do find alot of the clothes aimed at females my age to be rather frumpy - well in Perth anyway, can't speak for anywhere else.

My sister is a grandmother at 50 years old and doesnt look her age at all, doesnt act it either and not in a bad way, in fact I think she is rather fantastic.

There is nothing wrong with getting older, some people are just as busy in their retirement as they were when they were working - just in a different way.

Are you young at heart? Do you act your age? Do you look your age? Have you kept the young/naughty streak you always had?

Has bad health made you 'old' or a life changing event made you 'young' in your approach to life?

My Mum told me once, 'who said you have to act your age?' and I think she is right. There are no rules that say you have to be sensible all of the time I guess.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abergas
Yes I am, since we've been here Ive aged alot, healthwise gone down hill too!
But it has been the best part of a decade too...you'd expect to age somewhat..also you might have gone past a trigger point in your personal genetic timetable or some such bollox. I read somewhere that people change sort of substantially every 7 years. So say, 22, 29, 36, 43 are ages where you might notice changes. It's like when people compare prices with 2000 and complain! That was almost 10 years ago! House prices in 1980 were different from 1970, 1990 prices will be different from 2000......

I get sicker quicker now, but then I have 3 pre-schoolers to pass it all on. If anything I am fitter as I exercise more, this as a rule is true for me, when I was younger I relied on natural fitness more but also needed it more.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Nov 3rd 2009 at 1:38 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

I just want to say that this thread has made me laugh until I cried

The "bigfoot" theory set me off and I couldn't stop, I'm still laughing now
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Seasider

(Having a husband ten years younger than me may also help.)
Oooo toy boy eh

Having kids keeps me young to be honest. My daughter acts like my mother
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:36 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Having kids keeps me young to be honest. My daughter acts like my mother

I have to say I'm astounded and maybe even a little bit flabbergasted!
You can't be serious?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:40 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Call me AL
You can't be serious?
Of course i'm serious AL baby.

She tells me off when i'm naughty
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:42 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't be serious?
Bet it's not the first time your flabber has been gasted. Tart.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:56 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Of course i'm serious AL baby.

She tells me off when i'm naughty
Let's see if you think it's so funny when they have you banged up in the, 'Sunshine Rest Home For The Very Gullible', while they're out spending the money from the sale of your house.

Originally Posted by kporte
Bet it's not the first time your flabber has been gasted. Tart.
Right. I'm nipping this in the bud straight away. This is exactly how nasty rumours get started.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:04 am
Account Closed

Let's see if you think it's so funny when they have you banged up in the, 'Sunshine Rest Home For The Very Gullible', while they're out spending the money from the sale of your house.
Well at the mo i don't even have a house, so they'll be lucky

Right. I'm nipping this in the bud straight away. This is exactly how nasty rumours get started.
You know what you need.......?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Right. I'm nipping this in the bud straight away. This is exactly how nasty rashes get started.
Yes, yes it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.