Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you've made the correct decision when..

You know you've made the correct decision when..

Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: You know you've made the correct decision when..

Originally Posted by Grayling
Great minds....and all that
Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ

Paddy
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:39 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bcworld
Top of 21.8C in Brisbane today.......phwoooar what a scorcher! (as they say in The Sun).
Brisbane was warmer than us today... best we got was 21.4°C at 14:15

Here in the Cleveland area it is currently 12.8 °C at 10.30pm, still short sleeve weather
The coldest it got to today was at 5:00am with 10.9 °C

Todays temps "Cleveland", on the hour:
0:00 13.7 °C
1:00 13.7 °C
2:00 13.3 °C
3:00 12.3 °C
4:00 11.6 °C
5:00 10.9 °C
6:00 11.2 °C
7:00 11.7 °C
8:00 12.8 °C
9:00 14.4 °C
10:00 16.4 °C
11:00 17.8 °C
12:00 19.3 °C
13:00 20.2 °C
14:00 21.3 °C
15:00 20.6 °C
16:00 20.4 °C
17:00 18.2 °C
18:00 16.4 °C
19:00 15.7 °C
20:00 15.3 °C
20:55 14.6 °C

Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:39 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
fools seldom differ
Indeed.....I've noticed that a lot on this forum
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:40 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Brisbane was warmer than us today... best we got was 21.4°C at 14:15

Here in the Cleveland area it is currently 12.8 °C at 10.30pm, still short sleeve weather
The coldest it got to today was at 5:00am with 10.9 °C

Todays temps "Cleveland", on the hour:
0:00 13.7 °C
1:00 13.7 °C
2:00 13.3 °C
3:00 12.3 °C
4:00 11.6 °C
5:00 10.9 °C
6:00 11.2 °C
7:00 11.7 °C
8:00 12.8 °C
9:00 14.4 °C
10:00 16.4 °C
11:00 17.8 °C
12:00 19.3 °C
13:00 20.2 °C
14:00 21.3 °C
15:00 20.6 °C
16:00 20.4 °C
17:00 18.2 °C
18:00 16.4 °C
19:00 15.7 °C
20:00 15.3 °C
20:55 14.6 °C
edit

Last edited by Grayling; Jul 29th 2009 at 12:42 am. Reason: can't be arsed
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:23 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Well as an actual sufferer of the bbq summer i take great pleasure in being able to shout down the hypocrites that are always on hand to throw the whole 'wait till you try living here' line down migration hopefulls throats - normally voluntarily to dampen spirits.

Summer in the uk in the last three years has been shite, 2 years of record rain and this year overcast or raining more often than not please don't try and tell me otherwise, I live here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP was simply saying how happy he is with his move which has been reinforced by a recent visit home, he wasn't looking to cause offense look how quickly the nay sayers leapt on the band wagon of negativity it would be funny if it wasn't so constantly negative, some of the posters on this thread don't seem to lift themselves above neutral let alone into the glass half full world the rest of us try to live in.

Please cheer up if not for yourself for those around you

peace

Last edited by rinkerdink; Jul 29th 2009 at 2:24 am. Reason: made a mistake mid rant
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:56 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

For me it isnt a case of what country you live in, you shouldnt need to justify it, - if you are happy then that is all that matters.

If you are not happy in your country, it is not the countrys fault - the answer to your own happiness lies within you.

In the past year, I have picked up every bug/germ going, been bitten by a redback, smacked my elbow on the shower and chipped it, my Nan died, my kid nephew was in ITU, and my husband nearly killed in a car crash 10 days ago.

This fine selection of things happened in both Australia and the UK and I dont blame either country.

I dont see myself as unlucky, shit happens everywhere - you just have to get on with it and yes it can be hard.

But one thing is for sure, I havent missed family during the recent events with Mr PP, because although family support is nice, its the hospital and the medical staff that are important in these circumstances and IMO, he had superb care in the hospital here - certainly not what he would have received in our local hospital Northwick Park in the UK, (personal experience on that one).

I love living here, I dont need to justify it. It isnt boring - it suits us both.

There are things I do not like - the wanky crap driving for one but nowhere is perfect is it?

Its nice if you are able to find out where you want to be, it might take a few moves to do it but when you get there, it is so worth it - whatever country you choose.

Well it has been for us.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 4:06 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
For me it isnt a case of what country you live in, you shouldnt need to justify it, - if you are happy then that is all that matters.

If you are not happy in your country, it is not the countrys fault - the answer to your own happiness lies within you.

In the past year, I have picked up every bug/germ going, been bitten by a redback, smacked my elbow on the shower and chipped it, my Nan died, my kid nephew was in ITU, and my husband nearly killed in a car crash 10 days ago.

This fine selection of things happened in both Australia and the UK and I dont blame either country.

I dont see myself as unlucky, shit happens everywhere - you just have to get on with it and yes it can be hard.

But one thing is for sure, I havent missed family during the recent events with Mr PP, because although family support is nice, its the hospital and the medical staff that are important in these circumstances and IMO, he had superb care in the hospital here - certainly not what he would have received in our local hospital Northwick Park in the UK, (personal experience on that one).

I love living here, I dont need to justify it. It isnt boring - it suits us both.

There are things I do not like - the wanky crap driving for one but nowhere is perfect is it?

Its nice if you are able to find out where you want to be, it might take a few moves to do it but when you get there, it is so worth it - whatever country you choose.

Well it has been for us.
A beautifull and balanced post, now prepare yourself for the backlash, they'll be licking their lips as they type, you may just give them a few moments of pleasure
Old Jul 29th 2009, 5:03 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
A beautifull and balanced post, now prepare yourself for the backlash, they'll be licking their lips as they type, you may just give them a few moments of pleasure

I dont hate the UK, I just choose to live here and it is my choice.

Just like its anyones choice to live where they want to. We are not naive to think bad things dont happen here - well they do, Ive got my sick husband in bed to prove that. Crime/drugs etc - yep, it happens everywhere.

One set of issues in one country is traded in for another set somewhere else. You should never move to escape those issues, they have a habit of biting you in the arse in a different form.

But our move feels right to us, so that cant be wrong can it?.

As for the backlash, I would hope noone would be that stupid to think that we dont have the right to live where we choose and enjoy the life we build for ourselves.

No rose tints for me, I lost those babies when I was a kid.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:12 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
These kind of threads are pointless.
Not really. Without people actually posting their own experiences, feelings and opinions on a place, it would be mighty boring as a forum. Whether it holds interest or relevance for a particular person is neither here nor there to my mind.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:16 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rinkerdink

Please cheer up if not for yourself for those around you

peace
Why would I want to cheer up for those around me?

....and you are hardly 'around me' are you, being 12,000 miles away.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:22 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Why would I want to cheer up for those around me?

....and you are hardly 'around me' are you, being 12,000 miles away.
Go easy on the poor geezer.... He lives in Kent
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:29 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
Go easy on the poor geezer.... He lives in Kent
That probably explains a lot.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:35 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
This event must be recorded for posterity: on 29.07.09, Vash agreed with Grayling.

I also agree, I agree a lot with Grayling, not so much with Vash
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

I can see Sherlock Holmes has been called in to find mysterious reason behind a positive post in this forum Still too many bad apples hanging around this forum
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:59 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
in Still too many bad apples hanging around this forum
Don't be so harsh on yourself we all make mistakes

I'm pleased for you that you're happy to be home, but can't you say so without digging at the UK?

Last edited by fraser; Jul 29th 2009 at 10:04 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.