Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you've made the correct decision when..

Wikiposts

You know you've made the correct decision when..

Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of
Default You know you've made the correct decision when..

You take a trip back to the UK and;

- You feel like you've entered a country that has been frozen in time.
- Its summer there and the weather is worse.
- People seem to be lacking in energy, talk that way too.
- You realize the light is depressingly grey most the time.
- Family TV drama's seem strangely sinister and dark.
- War time housing gives the impression your in a 3rd world country.
- Your shock horror at the lack of care for trees and plants.
- A family members house gets burgled during your short stay.
- You can't wait to get back after just two days.
- Your back in Oz and its such a relieve!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You know you've made the correct decision when..

Originally Posted by The Flintstones

You haven't seen much of Australia have you?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deancm
You haven't seen much of Australia have you?
I've seen it all, got a map right in front of me
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen it all, got a map right in front of me
No, you've seen a map.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its a Disney Land map actually.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:56 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with a lot of those. I have to return next week. Am there for 5 days. Was about the shortest trip I could manage given my commitments and flight availability. I just find it so grey and miserable and people look at you like your some sort of wierdo about to rob them if you make eye contact and smile.

Welcome home!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I agree with a lot of those. I have to return next week. Am there for 5 days. Was about the shortest trip I could manage given my commitments and flight availability. I just find it so grey and miserable and people look at you like your some sort of wierdo about to rob them if you make eye contact and smile.

Welcome home!
It's that hat! It frightens them.LOL

What happened - your hat disappeared while I was typing!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:12 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
It's that hat! It frightens them.LOL

What happened - your hat disappeared while I was typing!
I've hat enough of the comments
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:18 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I went it and found it to be much more modern than in oz
33c when we left there
Nope not at all
Sunny from 4am to 9pm
Don't know was out
House far better quality in UK
??????????
People get burgled here as well you know
nope
See above
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about

It's the middle of winter and you're still cooking from the barbie and walking around in shorts - and you take a look at this link and start laughing yer cotton socks off!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8173533.stm
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by bigpaul
It's the middle of winter and you're still cooking from the barbie and walking around in shorts - and you take a look at this link and start laughing yer cotton socks off!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8173533.stm
I wish, its bloody freezing* at the moment. Was in the city today and it was funny. You could tell people who lived in Queensland compared to visitors (there are warships apparently here or something full of Americans). All the Queenslanders were in jeans, jumpers, scarves and hats, the Americans in shorts and tee shirts enjoying the sun and sunbathing on South Bank

*Bloody freezing is a relative statement to include any temperature below 24 degrees in Queensland.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about

Agree it's a bit chilli first thing in the morning and last thing of a night (Well our thermometer says 9 degrees at 6am) but it soon warms up to a lovely 26 degrees - cloudless skies, beautiful days! Think we notice the early morning chills most because there is such a big jump in temperature during the day!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ye, its the same most bank holidays, forecast is clear and sunny, ends up cloudy with showers, they don't like you taking money out of the country.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I've hat enough of the comments
Like the new avatar!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I wish, its bloody freezing* at the moment. Was in the city today and it was funny. You could tell people who lived in Queensland compared to visitors (there are warships apparently here or something full of Americans). All the Queenslanders were in jeans, jumpers, scarves and hats, the Americans in shorts and tee shirts enjoying the sun and sunbathing on South Bank

*Bloody freezing is a relative statement to include any temperature below 24 degrees in Queensland.
My friend (who lives in Sydney) is working in Brisbane this week and text me this morning saying she couldn't believe how hot (not warm or sunny, HOT) it is up there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.