Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It is a small font.

Mate - I did a BA Hons. No big deal.

You'd be far better qualifed than me, academically, surely.
Speak for yourself To a lot of people a BA Honours IS a big deal. Some people worked hard for their degrees and are justifiably proud of them
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Speak for yourself To a lot of people a BA Honours IS a big deal. Some people worked hard for their degrees and are justifiably proud of them
Degrees? Overrated ... Ideal for slackers who want to avoid real work though ...

My OH has three of them (law, and no I can't win an argument) and she still can't parallel park.

Useless, yer average Stop/Go operative has better life skills.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:14 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Degrees? Overrated ... Ideal for slackers who want to avoid real work though ...

My OH has three of them (law, and no I can't win an argument) and she still can't parallel park.

Useless, yer average Stop/Go operative has better life skills.
I learnt most of my life skills as part of my degree - how to survive killer hangovers, how to cope with all night parties followed by all day lectures, how to walk home 4 miles on autopilot while pist as a rat, how to rebuild four cylinder motorbikes, how to sleep in a bed full of bits of said four cylinder motorbikes.......
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:24 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I learnt most of my life skills as part of my degree - how to survive killer hangovers, how to cope with all night parties followed by all day lectures, how to walk home 4 miles on autopilot while pist as a rat, how to rebuild four cylinder motorbikes, how to sleep in a bed full of bits of said four cylinder motorbikes.......
I did all that for my HND ... OK, I skipped the motorbike bits
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:26 am
Home and Happy

I did all that for my HND ... OK, I skipped the motorbike bits
Ah thats the difference with getting a degree you see - its all about the ability to sleep on broken piston rings
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:30 am
Mostly Harmless

Ah thats the difference with getting a degree you see - its all about the ability to sleep on broken piston rings
Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the University of Life and passed with flying colours. I'm still here ain't I
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:58 am
Home and Happy

Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance?
At the time I think it was more to do with simply being in lust with a biker
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Well then I thankyou...
To be honest, I saw HE as a place to rest in between other endeavors.. But some people worked harder and backed it up with post grads and not only had more pages of transcripts but a lot more debt.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I went to the University of Life and passed with flying colours. I'm still here ain't I
It seems most modern students can't hide any more.
I've met people who precariously hold on to all this Uni of life concept and some barely passed! My view is that old Uni skills are very important and that Uni of life modules are part of the course - having to work to pay for it all for one thing.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:01 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It is a small font.

Mate - I did a BA Hons. No big deal.

You'd be far better qualifed than me, academically, surely.
At least yer working and having a go,im sure there are others on here who have a trade but would rather sit on their fat arses doing nought, scoffing shit and typing the same
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:02 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
At least yer working and having a go,im sure there are others on here who have a trade but would rather sit on their fat arses doing nought, scoffing shit and typing the same
I don't have a trade but I'm more than happy to do the bit in bold all day.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 5:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I don't have a trade but I'm more than happy to do the bit in bold all day.
Yer third on my list
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:55 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

...There's no objections from the local cinema's staff to people bringing in "outside bought" goodies
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:55 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

All card payments involve a wild stab in the dark whether the account is
'cheque' , 'savings' or 'credit' despite not having a credit limit nor a cheque book!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 12:25 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by paulry
...There's no objections from the local cinema's staff to people bringing in "outside bought" goodies
Unless they involve alcohol.......(having got two mates who were thrown out of Avatar for having a sneaky beer!!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.