Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Feb 5th 2013, 5:19 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by cresta57
At one point I drove so many different fleet vehicles I could never remember what I was driving let alone which side the filler cap was. My 17 yr old apprentice came up with that little gem. His driving instructor told him on his first lesson.
I got told it donkey's years ago, but is one of those things I just forgot
Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Mine doesn't work like that - the hose on the pump icon is on the right, the filler is on the left.

Mind you, the hose is probably on the right to allow space for the big left pointing arrow on the other side of the pump which points to the correct side
Yep mine has the triangle as well but still has the hose on the right side. Not come across any it doesn't work with but google threw up Kia & Honda, I've never driven either.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:51 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep mine has the triangle as well but still has the hose on the right side. Not come across any it doesn't work with but google threw up Kia & Honda, I've never driven either.
Mine is a Holden Captiva - so you can add that to the list
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:23 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

You hear the word 'Renault' on an advert on the telly, and immediately think of a home renovation rather than a French car
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:25 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
You hear the word 'Renault' on an advert on the telly, and immediately think of a home renovation rather than a French car
You've got me on that one Could you elaborate?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:31 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

I like that
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:32 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

You've got me on that one Could you elaborate?
I just heard a Renault advert on the telly, and all I heard was 'Renault' and I thought 'Reno'
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:33 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been smoking crack, or is it me?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:34 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard a Renault advert on the telly, and all I heard was 'Renault' and I thought 'Reno'
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Have you been smoking crack, or is it me?
Now she's under cover I reckon she's sampling seized "product"
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:48 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

I am not!!

I thought it made sense, but maybe it was just me!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:48 pm

Perks of the job
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:01 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I guess by now that you have all heard about daylight saving fading the curtains, turning cow's milk sour, etc, etc, etc......
Well here is a better one. Went to the Crown Hotel at Lutwyche (Brisbane) this afternoon and ordered 1 pint of Bulmers and 1 pint of coke.....barmaid refused to serve coke in the pint glass.
When asked why, she replied that if they served soft drink in a beer glass and then later served beer in the same glass, the beer would go flat..... WTF!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I guess by now that you have all heard about daylight saving fading the curtains, turning cow's milk sour, etc, etc, etc......
Well here is a better one. Went to the Crown Hotel at Lutwyche (Brisbane) this afternoon and ordered 1 pint of Bulmers and 1 pint of coke.....barmaid refused to serve coke in the pint glass.
When asked why, she replied that if they served soft drink in a beer glass and then later served beer in the same glass, the beer would go flat..... WTF!!!!
Excellent barmaid if only they were all like that.
It's true Carl, the syrup used to make soft drinks coats the bottom of the glass & normal pub glass washers don't remove it. It stops the glass "working" therefore the beer goes flat. Any decent pub won't serve soft drink in beer glasses.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:07 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent barmaid if only they were all like that.
It's true Carl, the syrup used to make soft drinks coats the bottom of the glass & normal pub glass washers don't remove it. It stops the glass "working" therefore the beer goes flat. Any decent pub won't serve soft drink in beer glasses.
Who said the Crown was a decent pub anymore.
They then need to get whoever does the washing up to scrub harder......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.