British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Are you clean and tidy in your home? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/you-clean-tidy-your-home-720401/)

carolinephillips Jun 14th 2011 10:54 am

Re: Are you clean and tidy in your home?

Originally Posted by geordie mandy (Post 9431315)
I finally got a cleaner who comes once a week to give the place a good sort out. Worth her weight in gold. When i get in from work i give a quick hoover around where its needed . Sort laundry out and the dish washer but living in a house full of untidy males is a real pain.
My parents house belongs on aggie and kim and i cant stand a mess but as long as its tidy for the week end im ok with it.
Mandy

I'd have to clean before the cleaner came!!!

eddie007 Jun 14th 2011 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 9431058)
I could have written this myself. :thumbsup:

Though I haven't yet mastered the art of dragging the family into clean up madness... even when invited guests are coming... so I have to do it on my own.

We do get unannounced drop ins every now and again but we stop them at the door and don't let them in. I hate drop ins. Amazingly, some repeatedly do it.

I LOVE drop ins... In fact I have been known to get quite offended if people I know have been within a 200km radius of our house and havent popped in for a coffee...

Makes my day having unexpected visitors... In fact any visitors...

Come from a large, well spread out around e uk family and people would drop in to each others whilst driving past on the way to.... Where ever... Always welcome both ways... Womderful to catch up woth people...

In fact, thats probably THE one thing I miss most about "home":(

carolinephillips Jun 14th 2011 9:00 pm

I'd love someone to drop in for a cuppa, though I'd probably panic that my bathroom wasn't spotless, and give the toilet a brush up before they could use it.

Kooky. Jun 14th 2011 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 9432849)
I'd love someone to drop in for a cuppa, though I'd probably panic that my bathroom wasn't spotless, and give the toilet a brush up before they could use it.

Be careful what you wish for - I'm giving up work next week :D

macy Jun 15th 2011 2:49 am

Originally Posted by sasbear (Post 9431307)
I can't relax in a messy room either. I try to let things get a bit messy as I think I have inherited the ex's OCD - so has my son and daughter. I make a huge effort to leave things but then it really gets me - so I rush around and clean - even now when I am working - on my way through for a coffee I pick up clothes, dishes etc, run round with the vac and dust..... wish I could relax a bit more tbh

Me too me too, I want to leave the mess but just can't.....

I find it interesting and I know it is because such serious hoarding is a mental illness that the hoarders never refer to their house as filthy or disgusting, it is always a word like clutter which kind of makes is not seem as bad as it really is.

carolinephillips Jun 15th 2011 4:02 am

GRRRR- I ve just been mopping out the laundry, as the washing machine hose came off again.:frown: Not exactly a good day for drying stuff off.

spartacus Jun 15th 2011 4:06 am

I'd be more interested in finding out if you're dirty in your bedroom . . . or the kitchen