Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Yet another failure of multicultualism

Yet another failure of multicultualism

Old Mar 23rd 2016, 8:49 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another failure of multicultualism

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Molenbeek is the failure of multiculturalism, yesterday was part of the fallout

Even if you don't think this is a problem with MC'ism, you have to accept that there is a huge disconnect between major parts of islam and western society

Too many nations went down the MC'ism route instead of integration and assimilation. Allowing large 3rd world, medieval-era believing populations into advanced, 1st world nations and then allowing them to carry on with their backward ideologies with little accountability was never going to end well

Change is coming. It could be done properly and orderly but the left's agenda is not over so I suspect that it won't
I completely agree.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Absolutely! Blaming security services is ludicrous : as I've alluded to before,security is not just simply some computer game model where by you push a load of buttons with guaranteed outcomes. The HUMINT side is still about engaging with people and listening to what they have to say. With many procedures it still takes someone to switch off..
i know we rarely agree these days, but on this occasion, I reckon you are spot on.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely! Blaming security services is ludicrous : as I've alluded to before,security is not just simply some computer game model where by you push a load of buttons with guaranteed outcomes. The HUMINT side is still about engaging with people and listening to what they have to say. With many procedures it still takes someone to switch off..
The problem with Belgium seems to be their lack of communication and lack of activity over security, even after the arrest of the leader of the French attack. The security forces there have little communication with other EU countries, mainly a failure of their politicians who are always unable to agree due to internecine wrangling. Belgium was warned about the probability of an attack but they still kept their security level at less than maximum. The two bombers were already in the Belgian system, but as petty burglars etc only, no hint of terrorism, the third one, who got away, was definitely linked to terror activities.
The idea of checking everyone before they enter the airport is a non starter because that would mean big queues outside the airport, so huge targets there.

Having a smooth flow through would stop some of it, but how do you do that when tickets have to be checked, luggage has to be checked-in etc. Perhaps have something like 200 security check points would help, but the cost, which would be passed on to passengers, would be prohibitive as would finding the space.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The problem with Belgium seems to be their lack of communication and lack of activity over security, even after the arrest of the leader of the French attack. The security forces there have little communication with other EU countries, mainly a failure of their politicians who are always unable to agree due to internecine wrangling. Belgium was warned about the probability of an attack but they still kept their security level at less than maximum. The two bombers were already in the Belgian system, but as petty burglars etc only, no hint of terrorism, the third one, who got away, was definitely linked to terror activities.
The idea of checking everyone before they enter the airport is a non starter because that would mean big queues outside the airport, so huge targets there.

Having a smooth flow through would stop some of it, but how do you do that when tickets have to be checked, luggage has to be checked-in etc. Perhaps have something like 200 security check points would help, but the cost, which would be passed on to passengers, would be prohibitive as would finding the space.
Hang on, is the level of security in Brussels broadly level with that found in any other airport? In most airports you go through security once in the airport to go airside. Surely Brussels was no different?
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 11:28 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with Belgium seems to be their lack of communication and lack of activity over security
Yep, as I said above, they had their eye off the ball.

Actually you can do it by dropping much of the security theatre and be smarter about doing things on the go.

The checkin/boarding pass stage can be done from home, or at multiple automatic pedestals. Initial screening at the curb side/parking can deal with basic stuff. Drop off of luggage can similarly be automated. Passports is basically automatic anyway. And you can target closer screening for those who are potential threats.

IIRC Quadrupole resonance scanning can detect explosives in luggage in real time as they walk past - imagine them at the bollards that stop cars driving through the doors...

The idea would only be to have the passengers stop once they reached the gate. There would be no queuing, no grouping, which would make it a more pleasurable experience as well as safer.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 11:31 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on, is the level of security in Brussels broadly level with that found in any other airport? In most airports you go through security once in the airport to go airside. Surely Brussels was no different?
You might note that my initial comments made no mention of the airport, but of the chaotic situation, in general, with Belgian secrurity and their lack of communication.
I then went on to address various comments made by other posters as to wht could be done, personally I can't see what could have been done at that stage, but a mre joined up approach to security and communication with other forces COULD have had some effect on what happened. Everything is conjecture, but there have been a number of sources that have slated security services, in general, in Belgium, and that's really down to the government spending too much time arguing amongst themselves insteaed of addressing the real problems the country has in this respect
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 6:09 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

You might note that my initial comments made no mention of the airport, but of the chaotic situation, in general, with Belgian secrurity and their lack of communication.
I then went on to address various comments made by other posters as to wht could be done, personally I can't see what could have been done at that stage, but a mre joined up approach to security and communication with other forces COULD have had some effect on what happened. Everything is conjecture, but there have been a number of sources that have slated security services, in general, in Belgium, and that's really down to the government spending too much time arguing amongst themselves insteaed of addressing the real problems the country has in this respect
Of course we all know that real problem the country has is the Islamification of Europe - aided and abetted by that nice and fluffy sounding but fatally flawed doctrine: multiculturalism.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why we are questioning airport security - no matter where you have the checks, the nutters will target a crowd. If its not an airport, it will be a sporting event, or a train (funny that - the train had more casualties).

If you want to start blaming governments (take your pick) lets look at a couple of scenarios. How about Angela Merkel? The one who encourages free movement between Syria and Europe allowing trained Jihadists safe passages of return. How about no troops on the ground Barack Obama? Plenty of blame needs to be attributed to Bashar al-Assad.

The root cause is not multiculturalism - I've never seen the Chinese blow up people in Sydney or Melbourne - have you?. The root cause is Islam - simple - that religion needs to sort itself and its followers out. Someone needs to take ownership. Lets remember all this is in the name of a religion.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 11:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

. The root cause is Islam - simple - that religion needs to sort itself and its followers out. Someone needs to take ownership. Lets remember all this is in the name of a religion.
I disagree. The root cause is an Islamic fundamentalist breakaway cult. They have as much to do with regular Islam as evangelical christian fundamentalists have with christianity. They have become a separate entity because the basic peaceful principles of Islam aren't strong enough for them. We don't hold the christian church responsible for the likes of the lunatics in Waco and this is much the same except these lunatics are blowing others up rather than themselves (crap analogy but you should get my drift). You can't have a worldwide ban on religion regardless of how brainless many of us consider it to be, it's impossible. Islamic leaders can't be held responsible for these psychopaths any more than I can be held responsible for my child breaking a plate.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 11:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I disagree. The root cause is an Islamic fundamentalist breakaway cult. They have as much to do with regular Islam as evangelical christian fundamentalists have with christianity. They have become a separate entity because the basic peaceful principles of Islam aren't strong enough for them. We don't hold the christian church responsible for the likes of the lunatics in Waco and this is much the same except these lunatics are blowing others up rather than themselves (crap analogy but you should get my drift). You can't have a worldwide ban on religion regardless of how brainless many of us consider it to be, it's impossible. Islamic leaders can't be held responsible for these psychopaths any more than I can be held responsible for my child breaking a plate.
What Moneypenny said. The blame lies with the brainwashed, robotic, sheep-like and cowardly arseholes who have collectively become known as terrorists.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Islamic leaders can't be held responsible for these psychopaths any more than I can be held responsible for my child breaking a plate.
You may not want to use that analogy - I am responsible if my child breaks a plate. Parents need to take responsibility for their children.

Regardless, I disagree.

Islamic leaders should be accountable, especially if the brain washing occurs within the walls of their institution, and they should also be accountable for preaching anti fundamentalist activity. (maybe they already do)

Remember, fundamentalism is like a club - it grows. Last year the count of foreign fighters in Syria doubled to nearly 30,000, that's not a small Waco style cult - that's a massive club. There are plenty of good eggs worshipping Islam who should be putting their efforts into sorting the bad eggs.

Its a problem and it has a root cause.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 12:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You may not want to use that analogy - I am responsible if my child breaks a plate. Parents need to take responsibility for their children.
Only until they're an adult and think for themselves. You lay the groundwork, what they do after that is not your responsibility. You bring your child up to be anti drugs and they decide at 25 to use meth,it's not your fault. Islamic parents bring their children up within the peaceful loving rules of Islam. A tiny minority decide they read Islam differently and proceed to blow others up. Not their parents/church leaders fault. We'll agree to disagree on this one.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Only until they're an adult and think for themselves. You lay the groundwork, what they do after that is not your responsibility. You bring your child up to be anti drugs and they decide at 25 to use meth,it's not your fault. Islamic parents bring their children up within the peaceful loving rules of Islam. A tiny minority decide they read Islam differently and proceed to blow others up. Not their parents/church leaders fault. We'll agree to disagree on this one.
I thought we were referring to children and assuming we are talking about those pre-16-18 years breaking plates.

Anyhow, I'm not saying its an ideal situation or an ideal idea, but the bad influences do somehow need to be neutralised by the good influences.

Interestingly, Salah Abdeslam was hiding in the community for months and the authorities suspect the community were helping him evade capture. If this were true, then it definitely demonstrates the support for their gruesome actions.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 5:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Not sure why we are questioning airport security - no matter where you have the checks, the nutters will target a crowd. If its not an airport, it will be a sporting event, or a train (funny that - the train had more casualties).

If you want to start blaming governments (take your pick) lets look at a couple of scenarios. How about Angela Merkel? The one who encourages free movement between Syria and Europe allowing trained Jihadists safe passages of return. How about no troops on the ground Barack Obama? Plenty of blame needs to be attributed to Bashar al-Assad.

The root cause is not multiculturalism - I've never seen the Chinese blow up people in Sydney or Melbourne - have you?. The root cause is Islam - simple - that religion needs to sort itself and its followers out. Someone needs to take ownership. Lets remember all this is in the name of a religion.
I'll partly agree. Multiculturalism is the cause but this is skewed in that many communities - like the Chinese, Hindus, Indonesians - choose to integrate and assimilate. Some muslims do too but a large percentage don't. There's your problem right there

Merkel is a traitor
Old Mar 24th 2016, 8:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'll partly agree. Multiculturalism is the cause but this is skewed in that many communities - like the Chinese, Hindus, Indonesians - choose to integrate and assimilate. Some muslims do too but a large percentage don't. There's your problem right there

Merkel is a traitor
Talking of that traitor, Merkel:

(If you can bear the imagery, the words say it all).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.