Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Would this have happened in the UK?

View Poll Results: Would this happen in the UK?
Yes it would happen.
51.85%
No it wouldn't happen
29.63%
Don't care.
18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Would this have happened in the UK?

Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:29 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would this have happened in the UK?

Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

This shit's getting very old.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:42 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
This shit's getting very old.
Yes it certainly is. Personal attacks and comments really shouldnt be tolerated, it is almost like stalking.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Yes it certainly is. Personal attacks and comments really shouldnt be tolerated, it is almost like stalking.
Oh behave yourself. T'was a lovely day in Perth today, 25 degrees of warm sunshine, with a light midday breeze. Hellish winters we have here
Old Aug 24th 2014, 10:00 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Oh behave yourself. T'was a lovely day in Perth today, 25 degrees of warm sunshine, with a light midday breeze. Hellish winters we have here
It was great here in Canberra too, a beautiful spring-like day. Until just after 5pm when the rain began to bucket down. Three hours later and it's still pelting.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 10:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by paulry
It was great here in Canberra too, a beautiful spring-like day. Until just after 5pm when the rain began to bucket down. Three hours later and it's still pelting.
That's the best you can get in my book, Paul! Gorgeous sunny days, and lots of much needed H2O through the evening. Go and find a puddle to paddle in - go on, you know you want to!!
Old Aug 24th 2014, 10:22 pm
Banned

I always behave Not very nice here today, our first day of heavy rain for awhile. Before we know it the hellish winter will be on us
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by chris955
I always behave Not very nice here today, our first day of heavy rain for awhile. Before we know it the hellish winter will be on us
My sun-worshipping niece in Liverpool is not happy, she's a nurse and is on 2 weeks hols, she was hoping to get a tan If a couple of things go right, Scouse and I are going to try to get there for Christmas, he reckons I need to know what I'm in for when we move over. I haven't experienced a north-West UK winter yet, but I'm game!
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
No you are just paranoid and read it that way. Had a fun read of your recent thread on the moving back forum. Interesting to see the first year was tough, and naturally so. I would expect a massive change of scene for your whole family to be so. Nothing to be ashamed of. But to paint a portrait over here that everything was rosey and paradise is just deceptive.
You went into MBTTUK?

Were you bored? Depressed? Or both?
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:10 pm
Banned

My sun-worshipping niece in Liverpool is not happy, she's a nurse and is on 2 weeks hols, she was hoping to get a tan If a couple of things go right, Scouse and I are going to try to get there for Christmas, he reckons I need to know what I'm in for when we move over. I haven't experienced a north-West UK winter yet, but I'm game!
Still plenty of time to get a tan this year if that is your thing, well into September. Winter isnt bad here to be honest we are classed as Midlands so not quite as mild as the South but we apparently get very little snow in an average winter, maybe a week in total. My shorts came off at the beginning of November last year and went back on again in March I think, probably the same timeline as when we lived in Victoria.
I find a lot of the time in winter it can be nice blue skies and cold but still very nice.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Some facts rather than rose coloured glasses impressions:

Midlands UK - mean MAXIMUM temperature - 7 months a year below 15C, 3 months 15 to 20C, 2 months 20 to 25C; Mean MINIMUM temperature - 6 months 0 to 5C, 4 months 5 to 10C, 2 months 10 to 15C.

Melbourne - mean MAXIMUM temperature - 2 months a year below 15C, 4 months 15 to 20C, 6 months 20 to 25.9C; Mean MINIMUM temperature - 0 months 0 to 5C, 5 months 5 to 10C, 7 months 10 to 15C.

If that's the same number of 'wear shorts' days then it must mean Chris gets his shorts on at a much lower temperature when in the UK and has forgotten the Melbourne climate which he looks at through the opposite of rose coloured glasses.

Sunshine hours, number of days with air and ground frost, rainy days etc can follow if required but the usual one smilie will probably come or those facts are wrong.

Source: Met Office UK; Bureau of Metereology (BOM) Australia

Last edited by OzTennis; Aug 24th 2014 at 11:50 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis

Midlands UK - mean MAXIMUM temperature - 7 months a year below 15C, 3 months 15 to 20C, 2 months 20 to 25C; Mean MINIMUM temperature - 6 months 0 to 5C, 4 months 5 to 10C, 2 months 10 to 15C.

Melbourne - mean MAXIMUM temperature - 2 months a year below 15C, 4 months 15 to 20C, 6 months 20 to 25.9C; Mean MINIMUM temperature - 0 months 0 to 5C, 5 months 5 to 10C, 7 months 10 to 15C.

If that's the same number of 'wear shorts' days then it must mean Chris gets his shorts on at a much lower temperature when in the UK and has forgotten the Melbourne climate which he looks at through the opposite of rose coloured glasses.

Sunshine hours, number of days with air and ground frost, rainy days etc can follow if required but the usual one smilie will probably come or those facts are wrong.

The Midlands temperatures sound great compared to here
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

This is frigging hilarious Best laugh I've had on here in ages.

Ok so when does everyone wear coats ? Which months ?

I really miss my Balaclava and nightcap.

I reckon Chris has to be a bit of a pussy though, those Geordies wear Tshirts or short sleeves right the way through January in Newcastle. Despite the shrinkage to their nether regions.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 25th 2014 at 12:11 am.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:36 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis

Well this morning when it was 12C and heavy drizzle the tradies working on the landscaping on my customer site were wearing stubbie shorts...if they can do it why can't he?
Old Aug 25th 2014, 1:17 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

That's the best you can get in my book, Paul! Gorgeous sunny days, and lots of much needed H2O through the evening. Go and find a puddle to paddle in - go on, you know you want to!!
True, it's nothing to complain about really though it was very wet ride home on the motorbike.

Are you the singing in the rain type?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.