wots it like

Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wots it like

[/youtube]
Originally Posted by The Bloke
..... but a Geordie accent is so much harder for us Aussies to understand than any other, and this is from someone who talks to Scots, Irish, English, Italians, Greeks, Kiwis etc every day.
Yehp most difficult ones are really full on, barrah boy type Cockney...you dont get many of them though... even I can't understand them now and I'm from London ! Geordie and Glaswegian, Oh some of those Northern Irish can be difficult as well.. A fair proportion of people couldnt understand me when I first came here. There is a general difference between a Sarf London accent and a East London (Cockney accent) but mostly it's or was the words they/we use.

Have you ever heard a full on Wurzel.... (Somerset) now they are amusing Nice accent though, try listening to them without smiling....The Aus accent seems to be a softened combination of Cockney/Irish and Wurzel to me.

Sits back and waits for flack

I

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 19th 2009 at 9:00 am.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 11:37 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wots it like

If the locals have trouble understanding you then why not change the way you talk to make yourself easier to understand.

You wouldn't move to Spain or France and not bother learning the lingo (or at least I hope you wouldn't).

Just tone down your OTT accent and stop complaining that the locals don't understand you 'cos you sound like Rab C Nesbitt.