wots it like

Old Dec 19th 2009, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wots it like

Being slightly hard of hearing when in a crowd, I have great difficulties in writing down the kid's names when doing timekeeping at club meets. I am getting a bit better now as I'm starting to recognise the kids, but it is really hard when you have a 6 year old who doesn't know how to spell their name, or they say it so fast that you can't get it! I sometimes have to ask the Aussie next to me to translate.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 6:31 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

I'm looking forward to meeting Soapy again as I'm sure he must have forgotten it by now and I reckon Sally must be due for a refresher.

how does it go again
Old Dec 19th 2009, 6:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

PS
I agree with you Vash. I find the humour generally goes both ways very well.
i would say some humour does. but i do have to bite my lip a lot here.

last week a guy walks into my office looking for steve. i asked him if he had walked through the office and he replied that he had
how could you have missed him, hes the fattest guy working here. we have to pull him out from under trucks because he gets stuck all the time.
at that point steve walks up to us both and i pointed out to the guy that this was the person he was looking for.
the guy takes one look at steve ( not fat) and turns to me and says pot and kettle mate.
i replied that at least in not baldy like steve (who has a full head of hair) and walked away.
about 10 mins later steve is in a huff for calling him fat and baldy

i did want to walk up to him and say that i thought fat people were meant to be jolly, but i thought better of it.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

At least I won't keep being asked which part of Australia I come from when I move there from the UK next year.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:30 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
At least I won't keep being asked which part of Australia I come from when I move there from the UK next year.
Which part of Australia are you from?
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:34 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy©
iabout 10 mins later steve is in a huff for calling him fat and baldy

i did want to walk up to him and say that i thought fat people were meant to be jolly, but i thought better of it.
He probably doesnt want to talk to you because he thinks your psychotic
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:45 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

What really shits the Welsh fellas at work is being asked what part of Scotland they come from. Bloody superb LOL
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by viviennef
He probably doesnt want to talk to you because he thinks your psychotic
he knows
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna have a field day in OZ.

I'm going to ask the Welsh which part of Scotland they come from, the Scotts which part of Ireland they come from, The Irish which part of England they come from and the English which part of France they come from.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:54 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to ask the Welsh which part of Scotland they come from, the Scotts which part of Ireland they come from, The Irish which part of England they come from and the English which part of France they come from.
Do it! the results with the ultra nationalistic ones are bloody great
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:57 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have alot of trouble with some people understanding my accent, it does get difficult and makes me a tad paranoid.

A mate from liverpool says I have the most cockney accent ever, but I dont at all, and my friend from London finds that highly amusing and points out the obvious Westcountry 'twang' that I have.

But the Aussies just dont understand my accent and one even said to me over the phone 'cant you bloody speak English'
..... but a Geordie accent is so much harder for us Aussies to understand than any other, and this is from someone who talks to Scots, Irish, English, Italians, Greeks, Kiwis etc every day.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:58 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

You think this is funny, but I've found the longer I'm here, some accents just confuse me as to where they're from... I have asked a lady from Ireland where she was from in Scotland. Her accent was very confusing.
When I lived in UK, I used to be able to spot the town people came from. Now I know they're from the north or south but that's about it.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:01 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have alot of trouble with some people understanding my accent, it does get difficult and makes me a tad paranoid.

A mate from liverpool says I have the most cockney accent ever, but I dont at all, and my friend from London finds that highly amusing and points out the obvious Westcountry 'twang' that I have.

But the Aussies just dont understand my accent and one even said to me over the phone 'cant you bloody speak English'
I was asked continually if i was Scottish, Irish, Canadian

I come from a land of Yorkshire puds i would say
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
You think this is funny, but I've found the longer I'm here, some accents just confuse me as to where they're from... I have asked a lady from Ireland where she was from in Scotland. Her accent was very confusing.
When I lived in UK, I used to be able to spot the town people came from. Now I know they're from the north or south but that's about it.
I speak to people and then leave and someone asks me what part of the UK that person is from. I look confused and say 'oh thought they were Aussies' Just don't pick up accents anymore unless they are really really strong.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Being slightly hard of hearing when in a crowd, I have great difficulties in writing down the kid's names when doing timekeeping at club meets. I am getting a bit better now as I'm starting to recognise the kids, but it is really hard when you have a 6 year old who doesn't know how to spell their name, or they say it so fast that you can't get it! I sometimes have to ask the Aussie next to me to translate.

Same here.... I put it down to plenty of Rock Concerts way back when. Bloody frustrating. Not bad enough for a hearing aid, but bloody annoying in a busy setting.

Every other time I'm fine. I actually had this problem when I met Margaret, I dont think it was the accent at all.

Must be 'orrible if it happens all the time though.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 19th 2009 at 8:51 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.