World's best teeth?

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default World's best teeth?

A link from The Times this morning...

http://www.economist.com/research/ar...ry_id=15060097
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World's best teeth?

Strange how the perception around the world, including Britain is that our teeth are terrible. I wonder if the health of the teeth comes from the fluoride in the water?

<awaits the fluoride is evil and demonic believers
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:21 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Strange how the perception around the world, including Britain is that our teeth are terrible. I wonder if the health of the teeth comes from the fluoride in the water?

<awaits the fluoride is evil and demonic believers
what's more suprising is that UK is ahead of France. You'll never see more kids with braces than when you go to France
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:27 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

Don't believe this....the amount of people i've seen / met with rotten teeth is astounding...maybe its the cost of the dentists here !!!!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Don't believe this....the amount of people i've seen / met with rotten teeth is astounding...maybe its the cost of the dentists here !!!!!!
Children under 12?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 2:02 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Well my neighbour's son, who is 5 just had to have one of his teeth pulled out because it had become rotten from not brushing properly. Australia may well take the piss about the Brits having worse teeth than them, but certainly up here in QLD I see no evidence of that being true, in fact more the opposite
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:03 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Well my neighbour's son, who is 5 just had to have one of his teeth pulled out because it had become rotten from not brushing properly. Australia may well take the piss about the Brits having worse teeth than them, but certainly up here in QLD I see no evidence of that being true, in fact more the opposite
Totally Agree
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:31 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: World's best teeth?

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Queenslanders have the highest levels of tooth decay and the lowest level of access to water fluoridation in Australia. The state government only started adding fluoride last year. Spot the connection.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: World's best teeth?

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

The figures are only for "average number of decayed, missing or filled teeth in a 12 year old." They tell us absolutely nothing about the dental health of the population in general.

Which just goes to show that you can always get a good result if you're prepared to be highly selective with your criteria.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 4:10 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I'm amongst the top 4% of the UK population because I have absolutely no fillings whatsoever, in fact, when I go to my dentist she praises me! I went today, hopefully for the last time ever, here in the UK and she said if I didn't manage to get to the dentist in the next year (we're Oz bound on the 1st Feb) I'd be grand.

In saying that though, I'm incredibly anal about my teeth, probably due to my having 'traintracks' top and bottom as a child. If ever I'm worried about something, I have anxiety dreams and they often involve all of my teeth falling out at once, and me trying to push them back up in, only to push them into the wrong holes, OMG!!! TERRIFYING!!!