Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

Wikiposts

World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

Threads merged.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:43 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Im ****ed if the brits end up playing the french,rock and hard place senario,night for watching better homes and gardens
If England meet France we can try and score with a hand ball , to even things up.

The flip side is then you can call us 'cheating English bastards'.

Would that be better?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I'd be astounded if Australia progress through that group.

I'd tip Ghana to finish runners up altho' Serbia are a very dangerous side also. Australia simply haven't got the firepower to make it past the group stage ... They look solid enough but have no flair whatsoever in the side.

They will hoping "our" Timmy can bail them out of the shit with a couple of set piece winners ...

England look a good bet for the quarters at least. Much will depend on the fitness of Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, A Cole and I hope J Cole squeezes back into the squad ... The keeping position is the only real weakness altho' Glen Johnson isn't a big fave of mine ... I'd go with Wes Brown.

I've got some air miles to rack up in 2010 ...

Unfortunately tend to agree re Australias chances. They are one major young striker short. Unless they can jump start Nathan Burns over in Greece. He was supposedly the next big thing..... not even had a run with the squad yet. Although a sneak win against the Krauts in the first game should see them get through.... Miracles can happen... They badly need a potent striker to come out of the woodwork though. Might start praying for a an epiphany for Robbie Kruise of MV.

I'd be slightly more worried about the US in Englands group than people appear to be, if any team is going to spoil the party it'll be the yanks.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 5th 2009 at 11:23 am.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:48 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Unfortunately tend to agree re Australias chances. They are one major young striker short. Unless they can jump start Nathan Burns over in Greece. He was supposedly the next big thing..... not even had a run with the squad yet. Although a sneak win against the Krauts in the first game should see them get through.... Miracles can happen... They badly need a potent striker to come out of the woodwork though. Might start praying for a an epiphany for Robbie Kruise of MV.

I'd be slightly more worried about the US in Englands group than people appear to be, if any team is going to spoil the party it'll be the yanks.

I would be more worried if the US were actually good at football.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:08 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Robbie Kruse is a midfielder though. Plus he needs to bulk up a bit, he gets too easily muscled off the ball
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Who did Scotland get?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:16 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Who did Scotland get?
They'll get the usual; a "wish you were here" postcard from the entire England Team
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
They'll get the usual; a "wish you were here" postcard from the entire England Team
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Robbie Kruse is a midfielder though. Plus he needs to bulk up a bit, he gets too easily muscled off the ball

They are using him as a wide playing striker at MV, which is more his natural position.

Bit young yet, I think he has it in him to end up in the Aussie Team eventually. Still I was certain Nathan Burns would end up there as well.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

If we top the group we can dream of the quarter finals as USA would be an easy game for us in R16.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:45 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Who did Scotland get?
No doubt the bitter and twisted 'sweaties' will be cheering for anyone who plays against England,kinda pathetic really
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
No doubt the bitter and twisted 'sweaties' will be cheering for anyone who plays against England,kinda pathetic really
Some will, some will cheer on England. Don't believe the hype. Come on England!!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:41 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Some will, some will cheer on England. Don't believe the hype. Come on England!!
This is where I think it is interesting. As much as the majority of Irish and Scots like to hate/dislike/give shit to the English I found that in my experience most Irish people will back England in football when the Irish are not represented, whilst as most Scots I know will die hell before they ever support the English. In fact I have seen a fair few Scots in my time back the Germans over us.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

This is where I think it is interesting. As much as the majority of Irish and Scots like to hate/dislike/give shit to the English I found that in my experience most Irish people will back England in football when the Irish are not represented, whilst as most Scots I know will die hell before they ever support the English. In fact I have seen a fair few Scots in my time back the Germans over us.
I remember being in Edinburgh surrounded by Scots with Argentina strips on. They either bought or borrowed strips, that's how bad they can be. Bit sad really.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:48 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

I remember being in Edinburgh surrounded by Scots with Argentina strips on. They either bought or borrowed strips, that's how bad they can be. Bit sad really.
Yeah it's odd, because I believe most English fans would back the Scots when faing another team. I remember a lot of the country getting behind them when they were playing Brazil in 98'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.