Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:44 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

Having just played a what if game with the group stages of the World cup draw http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8383755.stm my humble opinion is that England will win their group and play the runner upof group D who could very well be Australia!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:52 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

Australia drew Germany. They'll slaughter us.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

TOugh group for Australia. THough Pim's side seems to be stingy at the back and pretty resilient.

I think each of Aus, Germany, Serbia and Ghana can take points off each other.

England's should be able to top the group and play the 2nd place team in Australia's group. I would love it to be Australia.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Australia drew Germany. They'll slaughter us.
Wait till Eng er land get ya
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:29 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: World Cup draw - England v Australia in R16?

Originally Posted by thedons
Wait till Eng er land get ya
I doubt we'll get that far.

Gotta be impressed by Germany's record. 3 World Cups!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

England penalty shoot out lost.......6
won......1

Germany's record is amazing in World cups and also penalty shoot outs
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Do you realize that second place in australia's group goes through though? Australia are certainly capable of coming second in the group You would have thought germany will top it though - so yes looks pretty likely we will meet aus in the last 16 i reckon Steve

That would be a great game...
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:55 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Would be very surprised to see Australia qualify from the group stages. The Serbs are a very strong outfit and came through a tough qualifying group which contained France, and Romania in top spot. They will run the Germans close.

The bookies have Australia as outsiders of the group with 9/1 to finish top and 5/2 just to qualify.

England now 3rd favs to win the world cup behind Spain and Brazil at a best priced 6/1. They are also 4/11 to win their group and 1/12 to qualify.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:01 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perksy
Would be very surprised to see Australia qualify from the group stages. The Serbs are a very strong outfit and came through a tough qualifying group which contained France, and Romania in top spot. They will run the Germans close.

The bookies have Australia as outsiders of the group with 9/1 to finish top and 5/2 just to qualify.

England now 3rd favs to win the world cup behind Spain and Brazil at a best priced 6/1. They are also 4/11 to win their group and 1/12 to qualify.

I think you are probably right, but would'nt it be great to see England v Aus!!
Brazil will struggle in the 'group of death' but Spain look good as favorites.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:10 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
I think you are probably right, but would'nt it be great to see England v Aus!!
Brazil will struggle in the 'group of death' but Spain look good as favorites.
Agreed. However as an England football fan I would love to see England destroy the Germans en route to the final much more

For me its between England, Brazil, Spain and Holland I can't see anyone else making a charge.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:35 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Do you realize that second place in australia's group goes through though? Australia are certainly capable of coming second in the group You would have thought germany will top it though - so yes looks pretty likely we will meet aus in the last 16 i reckon Steve

That would be a great game...
Pretty likely? I don't thinks so.

I don't see Australia finishing any higher than 3rd in that group.

I think Serbia are a better outfit than Australia, and also Ghana got through there group stage last time, beating the Czech Republic on the way!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of
Default Fifa World Cup 2010

I'm prediction Australia finishing second in Group D. The Germans seems unbeatable. Ghana is not a bad team and Serbia is the dark horse.

In the next round, i supposed we will play England as they are my favourite to finish first in Group C.

Dom
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:05 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be astounded if Australia progress through that group.

I'd tip Ghana to finish runners up altho' Serbia are a very dangerous side also. Australia simply haven't got the firepower to make it past the group stage ... They look solid enough but have no flair whatsoever in the side.

They will hoping "our" Timmy can bail them out of the shit with a couple of set piece winners ...

England look a good bet for the quarters at least. Much will depend on the fitness of Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, A Cole and I hope J Cole squeezes back into the squad ... The keeping position is the only real weakness altho' Glen Johnson isn't a big fave of mine ... I'd go with Wes Brown.

I've got some air miles to rack up in 2010 ...

Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:27 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I cannot see Aus mustering more than a draw against any of those teams.
Aus are not the side they were 4 years ago. They have no clear international quality striker, they rely solely on the goals from their midfield of Kewell and mostly Cahill. Their defence is no where near as solid as it once used to be. I reckon they will be outdone by the enthusiasm and athleticism of Ghana, by the ferocity of the Serbs and the tactical noose of Germany.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:11 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im ****ed if the brits end up playing the french,rock and hard place senario,night for watching better homes and gardens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.