Wireless Broadband

Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:26 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wireless Broadband

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...ccessories.htm

Good evening,

Anybody know whether the gadget above will work in Australia, if i plug it into my laptop. I am wanting to pick up a wireless broadband signal at known free hotspots etc?

Just do not want to head down into the Bronx tomorrow, risk my life, only to find the thing is not the correct thing?

Cheers!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:32 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wireless Broadband

Should work fine.

Its just a usb network adaptor. So you will need a internet connection, and network to use it !!

Ste
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about computers, but is your laptop not already wireless enabled? So you wouldn't need this?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:46 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Hey cheers ladies and gents,

Nope, no wireless software or hardware, its about five years old now, so thought i would try this out for 20 quid?

Thought it was worth a try, just in case there is a free network going either in the hotel in Singapore or in Oz?

Just wondering can you pay for one months subscription to the internet in Australia (Brisbane), so i can use this gadget. I will probably be renting a house in the Raby Bay area of Brisbane.

Be lost without the net.

Cheers again.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Laptop 5 years old = time to upgrade in my opinion. All new ones come with wireless now and can get a good one for around £300.

I never spend any cash on them after 5 years as if the hardware breaks it's more cost efficient to replace the unit.

But if you don't want to invest in a new one then a £20 usb wireless adaptor will get you on the net. You will have to pay for net though unless you use a free wireless hotspot area (but don't do online banking etc in a free hotspot area as its not secure).
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steve_uk
You will have to pay for net though unless you use a free wireless hotspot area

Can you pay just for one months subscription to the internet in Australia (Brisbane), so i can use this gadget. On holiday you see.

Thanks
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by brendarover
Can you pay just for one months subscription to the internet in Australia (Brisbane), so i can use this gadget. On holiday you see.

Thanks
Not thaI know of contracts here
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Thanks
Not that I've heard of, your hotel may have Internet access though if your on holiday.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:14 pm
Banned

Cheers Steve,

Looks like i will be driving around looking for a free hook up outside some expats house?

Where do you live again?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Ah, did not realise. Have heard (from here) that there is a daft amount of people with unsecured wireless, so, although maybe not totally morally correct, maybe an option... We could have got onto someones in the apartment we had rented (but had inclusive broadband anyway).

We took our laptop on our reccie last year, and it was totally 100% invaluable, even though it was a complete pain in the ass in every bloomin airport.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Ah, did not realise. Have heard (from here) that there is a daft amount of people with unsecured wireless, so, although maybe not totally morally correct, maybe an option... We could have got onto someones in the apartment we had rented (but had inclusive broadband anyway).

We took our laptop on our reccie last year, and it was totally 100% invaluable, even though it was a complete pain in the ass in every bloomin airport.
http://www.freewifi.com.au/listing_d...listing_id=742

Looks like it warm beer and plastic burgers for a month?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

http://www.freewifi.com.au/listing_d...listing_id=742

Looks like it warm beer and plastic burgers for a month?
ewwww have you seen supersize me? lol