Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wine Tasting Course In Sydney?

Wine Tasting Course In Sydney?

Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

sigourner is on a distinguished road
Default Wine Tasting Course In Sydney?

Has anyone here done a wine tasting course in Sydney and if so was it any good?

When we were living in Scotland my girlfriend and I enjoyed having the odd wine and cheese night (I know we live life to the max!!) and we both really enjoyed them so I thought that I might try and mix a bit of pleasure with a bit of networking.

At the moment I have found this one but if anyone knows of any others?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:10 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Wine Tasting Course In Sydney?

Here we go with one near the city if convenient http://www.sydneycommunitycollege.com.au/course/lswi1
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Looking at staying in the North Shore area anyway but thanks at least I have a couple to compare now.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sigourner
Looking at staying in the North Shore area anyway but thanks at least I have a couple to compare now.
On our first wine tasting trip (in Mudgee) our guide commented that the best wine for you is the wine you like the taste of. That guidance has taken me through a number of wine tasting weekends in NSW. At present we have wines costing $9 a bottle and wines that are $45 a bottle both of which we enjoy.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spottydog
our guide commented that the best wine for you is the wine you like the taste of
I'm of the same belief, just thought it could be quite nice to know a little about what I'm drinking, get some hints on what wine to pick for a dinner (although I think I will still go for the "what do I like and what deals are on at the off license option" and it might also be a good way to get out and meet people
Old Jun 20th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Most areas in Sydney have a local community college that do evening classes which will almost definitely include Wine Appreciation (the idea is to learn to appreciate it rather than just taste it . I did one in Randwick which was good fun. You usually score a set of 6 tasting glasses as part of the fee.

Also there are courses in the city run by various Wine Societies.

I'd recommend you do a local class - more chance of meeting local people..
Old Jun 20th 2009, 11:29 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spottydog
At present we have wines costing $9 a bottle and wines that are $45 a bottle both of which we enjoy.

If I enjoyed both, I would go for 5 bottles of $9 wine, but then I am quantity over quality.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkMC
If I enjoyed both, I would go for 5 bottles of $9 wine, but then I am quantity over quality.
Why waste the good stuff after the first two bottles, after that start on the bargain bin bottles!!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 12:40 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sigourner
Why waste the good stuff after the first two bottles, after that start on the bargain bin bottles!!
Its 1 bottle of $9 followed by a box of Coolabah, as I said in previous posts, you can blow the inner bag up to use as a pillow.