Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

will this rain never stop

Wikiposts

will this rain never stop

Old Jul 6th 2012, 4:53 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will this rain never stop

Yes it was beautiful up here in Herefordshire, I was tempted to get the ride on out and mow the lawn but decided I had better things to do with my time

Originally Posted by Kapri
It was a glorious day today in Dorset, and I sat out for an hour in late afternoon and soaked up the sunshine
Old Jul 6th 2012, 5:49 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I'm investing in a pair of these
Those are fab..do they come in different colours?

Pished it down ALL day here, several roads are closed due to flooding, including the A52. My evening out in town has been postponed till next week, so me and 2 lasses are off to the pub while the menfolk look after (well, in a fashion) the kids (cue the poker set coming out).

The weather now? Gorgeous blue sky with fluffy white clouds drifting on by
Old Jul 6th 2012, 5:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

And it's not raining here at the moment as well

Think it stopped about half hour ago after raining all day .

It's a good job the cat isn't going out - she would get lost in the grass - still not stopped long enough for it to dry out - anyone got a goat I can borrow
Old Jul 6th 2012, 9:40 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Cue screams of "drought"and flipping eggtimers being issued with newspapers to make sure no-one spends more than 20 seconds using water
the dams are full that sydney water decided to temporarily turn off the desalination plant to cut costs! the desal plant + water recycling projects are good investment to help insure against future droughts. i think melbourne's desal plant will soon be finished.

i've never seen sydney so green and leafy before thanks to the rains. and its the rains that keep the UK green.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 6:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
the dams are full that sydney water decided to temporarily turn off the desalination plant to cut costs! the desal plant + water recycling projects are good investment to help insure against future droughts. i think melbourne's desal plant will soon be finished.

i've never seen sydney so green and leafy before thanks to the rains. and its the rains that keep the UK green.
Ah but this is Queensland.....Newman will soon be screaming that there's a drought and its all the fault of the Bligh government - El Nino is a gift for him
Old Jul 6th 2012, 6:42 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ah but this is Queensland.....Newman will soon be screaming that there's a drought and its all the fault of the Bligh government - El Nino is a gift for him
Is the desalination plant still rusty!?
Old Jul 8th 2012, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

apologies in advance for this being from the DM...but it made me smile- too much rain may lead to rickets (too much sun= skin cancer, too much snow : broken limbs etc):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...=feeds-newsxml
Old Jul 8th 2012, 3:47 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pomster
apologies in advance for this being from the DM...but it made me smile- too much rain may lead to rickets (too much sun= skin cancer, too much snow : broken limbs etc):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...=feeds-newsxml
Classic Daily Wail
Old Jul 8th 2012, 4:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
Classic Daily Wail
At least there was some good news with ethnic minorities being more susceptible...captioning a pic of barefoot Africans queuing up for food!! I have to go back and make sure I didn't imagine that...NO...they really did...the expats news source of choice at its finest!
Old Jul 8th 2012, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
At least there was some good news with ethnic minorities being more susceptible...captioning a pic of barefoot Africans queuing up for food!! I have to go back and make sure I didn't imagine that...NO...they really did...the expats news source of choice at its finest!

QLD's mail? did a similar one, urging us to get more sun, the evidence it was based on was Ethopian immigrant breast fed babies lacking Vitamin D. The typical brisbane resident then ...

Then the picture was a red haired freckled child with no sun protection getting a nice dose of extreme UV .
Old Jul 9th 2012, 12:25 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

NHS will now reimburse sunbed expenses.