Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why does everything bite me

Why does everything bite me

Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Why does everything bite me

What is it with the insects over here. I am one giant mozzie luncheon or something??

And then to top it all off yesterday I was moving a piece of trellis that the previous owners had left stashed next to a wall so it would not squash the children. In moving it I caught some giant bush growing in the garden. Something black, buzzing and seriously cheesed off I had re-arranged it's home with the relevant permissions stung me on the nose and the leg, and it hurt!!

Still love the country though. now must get the broadband connected so her indoors has something to do
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does everything bite me

no you are not the only person who is a tasty snack for aussie wildlife/insects

the amount of times i have had huge pool ball lumps on my legs arms face and back is huge at least every week something has a good chomp on me

as i speak i have a huge lump on the back of my knee which is really big and itchy

the other half never gets bitten now we are in au however when ever we went on holiday around the world oh always got bitten by the local wildlife and left me alone - oh is now calling it pay back
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:03 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

This is something that has perplexed me ...

I'm pretty mozzie resilient - they don't seem to like me......

But my girlfriend can be sitting beside me and she is getting chomped all over the place...... not sure why they like her but not me.....???

I reckon its cause she moans too much - and they are attracted to moaners..

On that topic, did you see my other thread....???.

If not, here is the link (he he he, chuckle chuckle)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520730
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

yes andy i love nothing better to having a bloody good moan

especially when somthing is eating me alive

i forgot you aussie never moan do you???????
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi my oh is the same. He can be outside for a matter of seconds and get biten. He is always the one getting eaten alive. I've hardly been bothered at all.
You maybe just taste good
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:15 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Mosquitos love me.

It's my pale English skin... I'm trying to leather up a bit in the sun like the Aussies and hopefully that will keep them away.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

You must be tasty Graz Me and Fly would bite you too.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:33 pm
Banned

earlswood will become famous soon enough

I got done by a boxfish last week and have at least a bite of something or other every day...thats life in Oz mate
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I get bit all the time by mosquito's. Then the bite's swell up, go red and itch like mad
I am now scared for life. Just a reminder of my life and tribulation's in OZ
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I get bit all the time by mosquito's. Then the bite's swell up, go red and itch like mad
I am now scared for life. Just a reminder of my life and tribulation's in OZ
The bites on me get crusty and then bleed when I scratch them
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by earlswood
The bites on me get crusty and then bleed when I scratch them
Same here, they bloody hurt too. My latest bite has started to fade now after 2 weeks.
I look like i have leprasy sometimes.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:57 pm
Banned

Same here, they bloody hurt too. My latest bite has started to fade now after 2 weeks.
I look like i have leprasy sometimes.
Out of boredom I have just counted 13 bites of various types in different stages of evolution over my person
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Out of boredom I have just counted 13 bites of various types in different stages of evolution over my person
You bored too in Perth
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:04 pm
Banned

You bored too in Perth

isnt it compulsory to be bored in Perth
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

isnt it compulsory to be bored in Perth
some would like to think that, but maybe the truth hurt's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.