Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why does Australia Post like damaging my stuff so much?

Why does Australia Post like damaging my stuff so much?

Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:53 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why does Australia Post like damaging my stuff so much?

Passports, birth certificates, you name it. There is nothing of importance that Australia Post hasn't bent or damaged in some way. Our daughter's British passport application was turned around in nine days and arrived from the UK via DHL without a scratch. We were very impressed. The next day the original documents we sent to NSW to support the application, arrived back with us, via Australia Post - no protection, no card-backing, just stuffed in a plastic envelope, and crumpled like waste paper. My Australian passport also got the same treatment.

So, as Aristotle might ask, why does Australia Post exist? Is it to make us question the nature of morality? Or is it just for a laugh?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does Australia Post like damaging my stuff so much?

I have never had a problem, but then I haven't used them too much, so can't really say good or bad.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

My allegedly tracked British passport was dumped at an unidentified post office somewhere in Melbourne - they couldn't tell me which one but they assumed that was enough info to go on! It's tracked except when it's not see!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:35 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I have never had a problem, but then I haven't used them too much, so can't really say good or bad.
I complained about the damaged passport and they told me to send it to them so they could assess it. I did so. Then they lost it and told me I should never have been told to send it to them in the first place. After four weeks with them having no idea where it was I was about to cancel it when they contacted me and told me it was in Brisbane. Then someone else contacted me and told me it was in Melbourne. This is my freaking passport we're talking about. Eventually it was returned, with no letter or explanation. Then I got a phone call. The guy apologised for Australia Post damaging it and losing it. Their offer of compensation was 10 x 60c stamps. I told him to forget it.

Now my wife's and daughter's birth certificates have come through the post in an Australia Post envelope, wrecked.

I give up.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
My allegedly tracked British passport was dumped at an unidentified post office somewhere in Melbourne - they couldn't tell me which one but they assumed that was enough info to go on! It's tracked except when it's not see!
What annoys me about this kind of thing is they demand to have your original documents (birth certificates, etc.) that you have looked after for years, but they treat them with no respect.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:36 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Their offer of compensation was 10 x 60c stamps.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:37 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Someone needs to get hold of Auspost, by the neck, and shake.

An organisation that already should pass by every house in the country, should be able to make LOADS of money. That they can't even track every item of mail is crass incompetence - it should be their norm.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:38 am
Banned

I asked him if he was being serious, and he was *deadly* serious. His tone when he offered the $6 compensation was like he had just offered me the crown jewels - hushed tones, very grave.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
I complained about the damaged passport and they told me to send it to them so they could assess it. I did so. Then they lost it and told me I should never have been told to send it to them in the first place. After four weeks with them having no idea where it was I was about to cancel it when they contacted me and told me it was in Brisbane. Then someone else contacted me and told me it was in Melbourne. This is my freaking passport we're talking about. Eventually it was returned, with no letter or explanation. Then I got a phone call. The guy apologised for Australia Post damaging it and losing it. Their offer of compensation was 10 x 60c stamps. I told him to forget it.

Now my wife's and daughter's birth certificates have come through the post in an Australia Post envelope, wrecked.

I give up.
That sucks!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've had numerous fights with Aus Post over the years, especially with the woman who used to insist my UK passport was "illegal" as ID cos it wasn't Australian She used to have screaming matches with me about how I should use my driving licence for ID, and she refused to believe I didn't have one.

My first job here was sorting mail for Aus Post 10 years ago. I remember being shcoked by the "don't care" attitude - if mail slid off the moving belts for instance it sat on the floor inside the machines for weeks before anyone retrieved and processed it. The attitude was, "its just mail, tough luck, it'll surface one day, its not important"
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My transcript from university came today with big letters on the outside saying DO NOT BEND. I ordered "Signed for Express Post". Guess where it was? That's right...Folded in half stuffed in the letterbox. Now guess who's gonna receive an irate phone call on Monday?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My transcript from university came today with big letters on the outside saying DO NOT BEND. I ordered "Signed for Express Post". Guess where it was? That's right...Folded in half stuffed in the letterbox. Now guess who's gonna receive an irate phone call on Monday?
I'd love to hear one of your irate phone calls!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Never had an issue with AusPost.

Stuff has always arrived, often in quite nice little packets or parcels.

Anything a tad big is left at the PO and it's a 2k drive up there.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:52 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Never had an issue with AusPost.
Just had to walk round and post a letter to the right address today, they had the wrong road entirely.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to hear one of your irate phone calls!
Easily done... Just dial "1900 whiplash."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.