Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why do people use Migration Agents.

Why do people use Migration Agents.

Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why do people use Migration Agents.

?

Are they leeches, on peoples personal dreams ?

I can understand the use for Business migrants, but when it comes down to the everyday Joe.... how much do they charge and what is the point.... Why dont they post reguarly in the Barbie or the Australia forums... are they keeping a low profile on purpose.

Maybe I could become one... I know enough tradies here.... is there lots of money to be made ?

Come to Utopia 7.5 pct past me
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Why do people use Migration Agents.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
?

I can understand the use for Business migrants, but when it comes down to the everyday Joe.... how much do they charge and what is the point.... Why dont they post reguarly in the Barbie or the Australia forums... are they keeping a low profile on purpose.

Maybe I could become one... I know enough tradies here.... is there lots of money to be made ?

We used Four Corners for the simple fact that i hate filling in forms and couldn't be arsed with it all.
I just sat back and relaxed
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
We used Four Corners for the simple fact that i hate filling in forms and couldn't be arsed with it all.
I just sat back and relaxed
How much did that cost... and how did they get the information out of you... did you just have an interview ?

There wasnt any around when I migrated.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:08 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

How much did that cost... and how did they get the information out of you... did you just have an interview ?

There wasnt any around when I migrated.
We went to their offices just the once, talked aload of bull then let them do all the work. Cost us 4 grand. Sounds alot i know, but money wasn't an issue. They did all the chasing around, ringing up etc...we just had to get paperwork for our own business sorted which was easy.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We went to their offices just the once, talked aload of bull then let them do all the work. Cost us 4 grand. Sounds alot i know, but money wasn't an issue. They did all the chasing around, ringing up etc...we just had to get paperwork for our own business sorted which was easy.
Blimey !

My UK based Aussie daughter could do a damn good job at that ! Did they go into how much tax you would pay with your set of Visa requirements and medicare etc ?

I may start putting some real research into this area. My Apost job is looking slightly dodgy.

Do they claim a successful migration ratio rate ?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Blimey !

My UK based Aussie daughter could do a damn good job at that ! Did they go into how much tax you would pay with your set of Visa requirements and medicare etc ?

I may start putting some real research into this area. My Apost job is looking slightly dodgy.

Do they claim a successful migration ratio rate ?
We didn't discuss Tax or medicare. Just did the point scoring , did a giant Trades recognition skill CV sort of thing, then they did the rest. Took 18 months all in all as we were abit lazy in signing paperwork and i was having second thoughts so dragged the whole thing out.
Glad we used them though, even though they went bust! I am sure they are up and running again
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We didn't discuss Tax or medicare. Just did the point scoring , did a giant Trades recognition skill CV sort of thing, then they did the rest. Took 18 months all in all as we were abit lazy in signing paperwork and i was having second thoughts so dragged the whole thing out.
Glad we used them though, even though they went bust! I am sure they are up and running again
How many times did they contact you ?

Did they also say you would have more chance in certain states ?

Just very curious at this stage. I know plenty of Tradies here, Including a floorer which has spurred this thread. Must have forgotten the PM

Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:36 am
Account Closed

How many times did they contact you ?

Did they also say you would have more chance in certain states ?

Just very curious at this stage. I know plenty of Tradies here, Including a floorer which has spurred this thread. Must have forgotten the PM

They rang us a few times throughout the months just to tell us how things were progressing. We could live wherever we wanted in OZ. We only chose Perth because we had family there (bad bad decision)
We had 136 visa. Refrigeration and Air-con
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

CosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really nice

?

We used a migration agent, mainly because I had to go down the ACS RPL route and they had experience with that, plus they filled out all the paperwork as much as they could, with us doing the rest.

For us it was more a piece of mind thing, it took off a lot of the pressure of wondering if we done things right/wrong or missed anything. We didnt want to hit any pitfalls, plus the agent had alot more experience dealing with DIAC and visa applications than we had. Also, they answered emails/queries quicker than DIAC too.

We paid £750 quid for their services, and we're damn happy with what they provided.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CosmicBertie
We used a migration agent, mainly because I had to go down the ACS RPL route and they had experience with that, plus they filled out all the paperwork as much as they could, with us doing the rest.

For us it was more a piece of mind thing, it took off a lot of the pressure of wondering if we done things right/wrong or missed anything. We didnt want to hit any pitfalls, plus the agent had alot more experience dealing with DIAC and visa applications than we had. Also, they answered emails/queries quicker than DIAC too.

We paid £750 quid for their services, and we're damn happy with what they provided.

Got to admit I would be happy to pay 1600 bucks to have migration headaches taken away. That Doesn't sound so bad. BTW I found out within 30 secs what ACS RPL was Ta Google. Alas all my decent computer contacts are in the UK.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 18th 2009 at 9:57 am.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:57 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Got to admit I would be happy to pay 1600 bucks to have migration headaches taken away. That Doesn't sound so bad.
I paid about 1800 quid. No complaints, all went smoothly. I retrospect, could've done it ourselves.....
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CosmicBertie

BTW did they tell you where to look for work ? Or indeed arrange interviews etc ?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

I think - as has been said in threads in the past - it is down to personal choice.

Personally we didn't use the Agents. We were going to, but decided in the end to try and do it ourselves - and I am totally relieved we made that choice, obviously for the main fact that it saved us a whole lot of money and I found the whole process easy enough to do ourselves - although ours was a straightforward enough Visa Application.

I think when you read from others who have used them, a lot of them are thankful they did - which obviously has worked out well for them. So like I say - down to personal choice......

Thats just my opinion.

Amanda
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kporte
I paid about 1800 quid. No complaints, all went smoothly. I retrospect, could've done it ourselves.....
It feels to me like people that are committed to come here decide to go all out and if somewhere between 1k and 2k helps that process so be it.

I'm wondering how much difference it makes, besides the form filling ?

Do they actually provide job interviews and provide detailed informaton on Tax and Medicare ?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
I think - as has been said in threads in the past - it is down to personal choice.

Personally we didn't use the Agents. We were going to, but decided in the end to try and do it ourselves - and I am totally relieved we made that choice, obviously for the main fact that it saved us a whole lot of money and I found the whole process easy enough to do ourselves - although ours was a straightforward enough Visa Application.

I think when you read from others who have used them, a lot of them are thankful they did - which obviously has worked out well for them. So like I say - down to personal choice......

Thats just my opinion.

Amanda
I haven't seen these threads or noticed them.... and I've been on these boards for over 5 years.... are you just talking the Immigration forum ? Maybe I just skimmed them, because I've not been interested in this subject before.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 18th 2009 at 10:07 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.