Why do i feel like this

Wikiposts

Why do i feel like this

Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:32 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Why do i feel like this

Originally Posted by Ransi
It just seems strange to me.

Anyway, what are you doing here, I thought you'd gone AWOL?
you gonna give me a hard time now?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:35 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
you gonna give me a hard time now?
For asking a question? OK
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:37 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Sam
just some random thoughts here

why do i feel that i want to go home

I have a good life here, i work just 4 mornings a week, we swim in our own pool most afternoons (week) and days (weekends)

I work because i want to not because i have too, although we dont have bucket loads of money we have enough to live off

My girls are happy

Alan - well he works far too hard but seems settled most of the time (not always though)

so why do i sometimes still want to go home

NOT always i will hasten to add, yesterday i was fine, today i was fine, just sitting here this evening and i thought.... humm i could go home

I won't but why do these feelings just creep up on you????

oh i could do without the silly sarcastic answers tonight as well please... thanks

and i haven't really put this into words very well, just why when i've had a good day at work adn all is settled around me....i'm feel i'm not???
all those things you describe having are probably not all you need
yes they're all great in themselves, the lifestyle and the happiness of your family, but i know for my wife she feels that they don't complete the picture for her

you need to find what the missing piece is for you and address that as best you can imho
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sam

I have a good life here, i work just 4 mornings a week, we swim in our own pool most afternoons (week) and days (weekends)

I work because i want to not because i have too, although we dont have bucket loads of money we have enough to live off

My girls are happy

Alan - well he works far too hard but seems settled most of the time (not always though)

NOT always i will hasten to add, yesterday i was fine, today i was fine, just sitting here this evening and i thought.... humm i could go home

oh i could do without the silly sarcastic answers tonight as well please... thanks

and i haven't really put this into words very well, just why when i've had a good day at work adn all is settled around me....i'm feel i'm not???
Hey Sam,
Come on girl, can't have both of us feeling like this...we need to do more retail therapy. (with afew wino's)

Had a great time on Wed, i don't get out much, but just enjoyed your company, you're a star

School hol's soon, i'm sure we will find plenty to do to take your mind of it all. Chin up chuck!!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:54 am
Just Joined

dj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the rough

Its hard to give a decent comment to this as we have only just arrived....but i feel the image you have of the UK in your head is probably really filtered and rose tinted compared to the reality of it.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:04 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam

My girls are happy

I know exactly how you feel as I go through stages of wanting to go home too, and sometimes I end up thinking WTF have I done coming here??

I noticed in your blog, you arrived in Perth 2 days after us, so I've been here around the same amount of time as you.

I think it's quite normal to feel like that, and over the few years I have been on BE, this sort of thing had cropped up many a time.

I've had a lot of people (expats) say to me it takes at least 2 years to settle in properly, but we have been here nearly 14 months, and I am not convinced.

What doesn't help is my husband has settled in really well, and hasn't regretted coming here for one moment. This makes me feel worse as I don't feel he fully appreciates how I feel.

I'm sure it will get easier over time, but we will still have those odd days.

For me, I think it will improve when I finally pass my driving test and gain some independence, I will then be able to explore the place I live in.

Chin up, and just bear in mind you are not the only one, and it will get better

Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I know exactly how you feel as I go through stages of wanting to go home too, and sometimes I end up thinking WTF have I done coming here??

I noticed in your blog, you arrived in Perth 2 days after us, so I've been here around the same amount of time as you.

I think it's quite normal to feel like that, and over the few years I have been on BE, this sort of thing had cropped up many a time.

I've had a lot of people (expats) say to me it takes at least 2 years to settle in properly, but we have been here nearly 14 months, and I am not convinced.

What doesn't help is my husband has settled in really well, and hasn't regretted coming here for one moment. This makes me feel worse as I don't feel he fully appreciates how I feel.

I'm sure it will get easier over time, but we will still have those odd days.

For me, I think it will improve when I finally pass my driving test and gain some independence, I will then be able to explore the place I live in.

Chin up, and just bear in mind you are not the only one, and it will get better

I don't think there's any 'magic' amount of time to be here before you feel settled, you either will or you won't. Some people fit right in, some take a while and others never do. There's no right or wrong, just human beings with different needs.

I also think there's always going to be some element of feeling out of place, whether it's a very small thing like missing a certain food or a huge feeling of utter desperation to go back and there's nothing wrong with either as it's all down to the individual.

I do sympathise with people who are either happy or not and have a partner who is the opposite, that must be really crap as there's always someone who has to 'give in' (for want of a better word) and do something they don't necessarily want to do.

I'm just learning to drive too, and the sense of freedom I'm getting from it is amazing. Plus it takes my mind off of what's happening in the UK and my son who I miss terribly. I can't wait to be able to just get in the car and go somewhere for the day. I wish I'd done it years ago instead of giving up every time! Good luck with yours
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:29 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I don't think there's any 'magic' amount of time to be here before you feel settled, you either will or you won't. Some people fit right in, some take a while and others never do. There's no right or wrong, just human beings with different needs.

I also think there's always going to be some element of feeling out of place, whether it's a very small thing like missing a certain food or a huge feeling of utter desperation to go back and there's nothing wrong with either as it's all down to the individual.

I do sympathise with people who are either happy or not and have a partner who is the opposite, that must be really crap as there's always someone who has to 'give in' (for want of a better word) and do something they don't necessarily want to do.

I'm just learning to drive too, and the sense of freedom I'm getting from it is amazing. Plus it takes my mind off of what's happening in the UK and my son who I miss terribly. I can't wait to be able to just get in the car and go somewhere for the day. I wish I'd done it years ago instead of giving up every time! Good luck with yours
Thanks, good luck with yours too Wendy
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:37 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj nee
Its hard to give a decent comment to this as we have only just arrived....but i feel the image you have of the UK in your head is probably really filtered and rose tinted compared to the reality of it.
I actually don't have an 'image' of the UK and it certainly isn't rose tinted i can assure you of that

It's a family thing not a UK thing!

Thanks for all the positive comments people, feel a bit better today, Dorothy got your txt and replied

Wendy will talk later

Got to dash, using work comp
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj nee
Everyone's 'reality' is different. My image of the UK is what it was when we were there, a fab, beautiful place.

I think there are three kinds of sickness; Peoplesick - sod all you can do about it unless you move to where they are; UKsick where you miss the sights and sounds of the country and homesick - I don't get that one because home is where we are but for many people home is where the people (see above) are and where they believe they should be.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Everyone's 'reality' is different. My image of the UK is what it was when we were there, a fab, beautiful place.

I think there are three kinds of sickness; Peoplesick - sod all you can do about it unless you move to where they are; UKsick where you miss the sights and sounds of the country and homesick - I don't get that one because home is where we are but for many people home is where the people (see above) are and where they believe they should be.
I like the way you've put it and I'd say for me personally I'd be people sick at the times when I feel down. But you're right there's sod all you can do about it.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:09 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Yeap Pen, good words

People sick is what i am! just missing my family,
but not enough to head back there (not yet any way)

and although i call the UK home i also refer to Oz as home, a lot depends on who i am talking to and how i feel at the time
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:47 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
Yeap Pen, good words

People sick is what i am! just missing my family,
but not enough to head back there (not yet any way)

and although i call the UK home i also refer to Oz as home, a lot depends on who i am talking to and how i feel at the time
And if you're sober? Are you ever

Hello me old mate
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:50 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by fraser
And if you're sober? Are you ever

Hello me old mate
Hello me darling

me sober!!!!!! never
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam, just wanted to let you know it happens to most of us by the sounds of it, I certainly get the same feelings as you from time to time, mostly when I've had a tough time with something or another then I start worrying about the other various problems life chucks at us. Ride it through, tomorrow is another day available to those lucky enough to experience it, use it wisely
S xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.