Why did you do it?

Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Londonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud of
Default Why did you do it?

I'm curious to know why you moved down under and if is like you expected
Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:22 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why did you do it?

Originally Posted by Londonertogooz
I'm curious to know why you moved down under and if is like you expected
Because we could and it is better than we expected.

BB
Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:22 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did you do it?

because I wanted an adventure and it didn't cost us much as we did it on a 457.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:11 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Because my husband's midlife crisis involved moving overseas instead of a sports car and younger woman. I'm still deciding on whether he should have opted for the cheap slut.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Because my husband's midlife crisis involved moving overseas instead of a sports car and younger woman. I'm still deciding on whether he should have opted for the cheap slut.
OH got the sports car, but wrote it off with me and DD in it, so we used the money from that (it was less than a year old) to come out to Aus for a holiday. Well, to cut a long story short, we liked it so much that we applied for PR when we got back. OH had been talking about emigrating to NZ before DD was born. He was fed up with the dreary London commute.

Don't think he ever thought about getting a cheap slut- after all he had me!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
because I wanted an adventure and it didn't cost us much as we did it on a 457.
Almost the same. Opportunity came knocking with visa and relocation fees included. Couldn't say no, not regretted it yet and we have just been sponsored for PR too (again all fees paid). Very fortunate and both husband and I are pleased to call Sydney home.

As for it being what we expected, having spent traveling on my own around some parts of Australia, along with a holiday with my husband to Sydney we knew what to expect on holiday but we also knew that living and working would be completely different to having a holiday here. We also knew that if long term it didn't work out we could always go back to the UK having experienced living and working in Australia. There would be no "what ifs" in our future in relation to Australia.

We don't have kids so it was only the two of us (and the dog - think he would be very upset to go back to the uk now the sun-worshiper he is) to uproot, relocate and re-settle in Australia. We didnt have a choice on destination, that was determined by my husbands company (internal-company transfer) but I always had a soft spot for Sydney.

Last edited by Bikergirl; Feb 10th 2014 at 10:26 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:50 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad he didn't go for the cheap slut

We came out because Himself was offered a job. Simples.

We're very happy, although admittedly we were very happy in the UK too. We're just happy people.

:: snorts ::
Old Feb 10th 2014, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I'm glad he didn't go for the cheap slut

We came out because Himself was offered a job. Simples.

We're very happy, although admittedly we were very happy in the UK too. We're just happy people.

:: snorts ::
love the happy people bit, we're the same. To some extent it doesn't matter where you are if you're one of us

Got offered a job out of the blue, thought about it whilst on holiday and collectively thought sod it why not give it a go. That was 6 years ago, didn't have any expectations really and this is my home now
Old Feb 11th 2014, 5:53 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

To answer the op, I got brought here as a kid.

My expectations were low which was fortunate since I arrived to a stinking hot backwater with black and white tv and a blank look from shop-keepers when you asked for sweets.

What more could you ask for?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Londonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud of

Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee

To answer the op, I got brought here as a kid.

My expectations were low which was fortunate since I arrived to a stinking hot backwater with black and white tv and a blank look from shop-keepers when you asked for sweets.

What more could you ask for?
Lollies
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Too much alcohol.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:57 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I was 18 months old so had no say in the decision
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't want to live near chris955.

And I knocked an Aussie bird up on holiday in Europe.

I had and try to have no expectations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.