Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

Wikiposts

Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

Old May 15th 2007, 2:59 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice
Default Re: Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

Originally Posted by aston man
hi gt,i dont mean this as a snip but i do want to ask you?

will you be walking to australia to show your support for the fight against gas guzzlers,or will a glider get you there?
Either way he would be defeating the object as if he chose to walk he would go through several pairs of walking shoes and these are manufactured in a pollution emitting plant, probably in china.

The Glider would be shot down over the Middle east or somewhere and this in turn would result in his blood polluting waterways.

Just get on the plane like everyone else and get down to Moorooka and buy a Prado or Pajero like the rest of us.
Old May 15th 2007, 3:12 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

hi gt,i dont mean this as a snipe but i do want to ask you?

will you be walking to australia to show your support for the fight against gas guzzlers,or will a glider get you there?
Aston Man - what the hell are you doing up a such an ungodly hour?

Have you wet the bed again
Old May 15th 2007, 3:24 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Aston Man - what the hell are you doing up a such an ungodly hour?

Have you wet the bed again
as the days get closer i am finding it hard to sleep..not a bad thing though,ill be used to the time difference when i get to oz in 2 weeks

and i love to read the stuff all you ozzies write...

sorry for going off topic folks
p.s oh and me cat i have just booked flights for at 1500 quid is fighting in the back garden and waking all the street up!

Last edited by aston man; May 15th 2007 at 3:27 pm.
Old May 15th 2007, 4:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I love 4x4s. I'll be getting a Landcruiser when I get back from my polluting trip back to the UK.

If you like exploring the outback, visiting national parks etc... a 4x4 is pretty essential.

As a previous poster said this anti 4x4 bollocks you get in the UK doesn't really happen here, well, not in Perth. There was a pathetic anti 4x4 sketch on The Chaser last week. About as funny as haemorroids.
Old May 15th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

as the days get closer i am finding it hard to sleep..not a bad thing though,ill be used to the time difference when i get to oz in 2 weeks
Whereabouts are you heading for Aston Man?
Old May 15th 2007, 4:26 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
Whereabouts are you heading for Aston Man?
perth,thats about the tenth time i have been asked that,i am starting to worry ,are you all booking removals..

hey i did not mean a hijack here,,

ast
Old May 15th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, no worries for me. I'm in Sydney Good luck with it.
Old May 15th 2007, 7:59 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenTea
Sounds like your reasons are well ballanced, but not everyone is a ballanced as you.

Oh did I meantion that I will probably be buying a 4X4 when I get to Oz for the same reasons as you.

Then what is the point of your thread
Old May 15th 2007, 8:22 pm
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Then what is the point of your thread
Have you got your new 4x4 yet Sam
Old May 15th 2007, 8:28 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
Have you got your new 4x4 yet Sam
Still working on him, but while we are not going far pulling the boat it will do for now.

Lost it in the car park to day (having blond moment) thought someone had nicked it
Old May 15th 2007, 9:45 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

I have acouple of questions to pose!

why do people require 4X4's in the city if they do not drive off road?
1) I want I get. 2) Tow the boat. 3) Skiing. 4) The tram lines are rugged terrain. 5) refer point 1.

why do they beleive that the environmental impact of this vehicle as daily transport is acceptable, hen clearley thay speaw tons of CO2 in the atmosphere each year?
Perhaps the driving standard should be in question first. Plenty of small hot hatches being used to burn up more rubber.

why do they think is ok to drive a car that sits higher than the safety zones on all other cars? thus when they collide the 4X4 is ok but the passengers in the normal car are all dead?
Lifes tough

these cars tend to be higher and heavier and wil cause a child to die if run over?
And a ford fiesta isn't at 40km?

Don't get me wrong these vehicles have their time and place, however this place is as a working vehicle, and normaly is not required for most people to get to the local shops, work or school. Unless you live in the bush and you live at the end of a dirt road!
A bus is a working vehicle and people use them to get to the local shops, work or school? Relative pollution displacement to passenger carriage is the same so do we stop public transport as well?
Old May 15th 2007, 10:16 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Urno
Broadly speaking i agree with you GreenTea, but i'm afraid the human animal is a stupid bugger, and IMO the only way this global warming malarkey is going to be solved is by using up all the oil!

So, i now think that we should all be driving 4x4's and using one placcy bad per item in the supermarket. Get rid of all the oil, the human race goes a bit bananas for about 50 years, maybe throw in some resilient pestilence to spice it up, and then when the dust settles, there'll be no petrol powered cars and no plastic (other than recycled stuff).

Plus, hopefully the global population will halve (or more). Should be quite a nice place

There, that's my recipe for the future!

P.S. Is "fourby" pronounced "four-bee" or "four bye"? And is it an Ozzie-ism?
We can use all the oil in the world but aussie has heaps of LPG and we will be using that instead .YIPPEE
Old May 15th 2007, 10:18 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

How many car parts are made out of plastic these days?

ZX.....
Old May 15th 2007, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Buses and trams are also higher than 4x4s. I think the height thing is rubbish, most combustion engine vehicles are made of metal and are heavy and will make your eyes water if you get hit by one.

Sure - I'm sure that some injuries are made worse by 4x4 in some cases but you have to ask why the pedestrian was there in the first place.

There are loads of things that will kill you in this life, a 4x4 is not necesssarily a major cause.

They are a pain in the inner city, but for many people they are fun and double up in all sorts of roles - not many people want to run 2 cars.
Old May 15th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4lex
A 500% increase in the price of fuel does not by definition mean that one's cost of living has to increase proportionally. Mine certainly wouldn't.

If the government would allow me to buy property here I don't think I'd even need utilities other than sewage to be connected. We get a lot of sunlight and I commute on a pushbike.

The increase in the cost of living is what you make it. I admittedly own a car, but the last time I went to use it I had to jump start it as it'd been sitting for so long. It's not an old car - an 01 vectra - which i chose because it's frugal on the highway and that's all i do with it.

There's two outcomes I'd like to see from a massive increase in fuel taxation - firstly to stem the profligate manner in which we use energy, and secondly to provide considerably more funds to further the research and infrastructure for properly sustainable energy systems like solar and wind.

There's no reason we can't enjoy the kind of transport and other living conveniences we do today under a sustainable energy model - it just requires that we take the cash from coal and oil companies and give it to solar and wind outfits.

I find it hard to credit that anyone with kids would think differently. I don't incidentally - we may in the future, but it doesn't look like the world will be a great place in 80yrs time.

Lucky you for being able to comute to work on a push bike,I would love to be able to, but would have a hell of a job towing my wheelbarrow,cement mixer and about another 100kgs of tools on my 90km journey to work every day.

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.