Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

Old May 15th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice
Thumbs down Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

I have acouple of questions to pose!

why do people require 4X4's in the city if they do not drive off road?

why do they beleive that the environmental impact of this vehicle as daily transport is acceptable, hen clearley thay speaw tons of CO2 in the atmosphere each year?

why do they think is ok to drive a car that sits higher than the safety zones on all other cars? thus when they collide the 4X4 is ok but the passengers in the normal car are all dead?

these cars tend to be higher and heavier and wil cause a child to die if run over?

Don't get me wrong these vehicles have their time and place, however this place is as a working vehicle, and normaly is not required for most people to get to the local shops, work or school. Unless you live in the bush and you live at the end of a dirt road!

Last edited by GreenTea; May 15th 2007 at 12:36 pm.
Old May 15th 2007, 12:35 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

Originally Posted by GreenTea
So you can look down on dumbasses in their poxy 2 wheel drives , and feel all powerful ha ha ha ha hoo hoo ha ha ha
Old May 15th 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perthforme
So you can look down on dumbasses in their poxy 2 wheel drives , and feel all powerful ha ha ha ha hoo hoo ha ha ha
Ok so when QLD still has no water and there are flash floods somewhere else, people are dying or at least loosing their normal life style, its all ok because your in your 4X4?
Old May 15th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

why do they beleive that the environmental impact of this vehicle as daily transport is acceptable, hen clearley thay speaw tons of CO2 in the atmosphere each year?

why do they think is ok to drive a car that sits higher than the safety zones on all other cars? thus when they collide the 4X4 is ok but the passengers in the normal car are all dead?

these cars tend to be higher and heavier and wil cause a child to die if run over?

Don't get me wrong these vehicles have their time and place, however this place is as a working vehicle, and normaly is not required for most people to get to the local shops, work or school. Unless you live in the bush and you live at the end of a dirt road!
Did you happen to watch that programme on tv last night about 4x4's?

Lynn xx
Old May 15th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Did you happen to watch that programme on tv last night about 4x4's?

Lynn xx
Well yes, however I didn't think much of the views of the presenter, he was very one sided.

my views are based on my issues with these cars, I must add though I don't restrict these issues just to 4X4's sports cars and other inapropriate vehicle also get stick from me.
Old May 15th 2007, 12:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well yes, however I didn't think much of the views of the presenter, he was very one sided.

my views are based on my issues with these cars, I must add though I don't restrict these issues just to 4X4's sports cars and other inapropriate vehicle also get stick from me.
inappropriate to who?
Old May 15th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

What is inappropriate about sports cars? We have 2 so called sports cars here and they are both more economic than my new Beetle as far as petrol goes and probably have about as much of an impact on the environment as it does too When there are just the 2 of us why not?
Old May 15th 2007, 12:52 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you're going to get along just fine in Australia.... should make lots of friends......

Buzzy

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; May 15th 2007 at 12:55 pm.
Old May 15th 2007, 12:53 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 4x4 and love it ,but i do go off road with it .I have also come to the conclusion most fourbies wont see any dirt untill they reach the third or fourth owner when the paint job has well faded and the mechanics are well past it .
Old May 15th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
inappropriate to who?
people tend to drive what they like rather than what they need, I am just as bad, however its about time we all took responsability for our actions including me to try and protect the environment and other road users.
Old May 15th 2007, 12:58 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people here have boats that they could not possibly pull with small cars. I suppose they shouldn't have boats either, considering they also use fuel.
Old May 15th 2007, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Will this be a popcorn or pizza thread?
Old May 15th 2007, 12:59 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Will this be a popcorn or pizza thread?
Both I reckon, and you may need a couple of beers to wash it down with
Old May 15th 2007, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Both I reckon, and you may need a couple of beers to wash it down with
I'll go get em ready
Old May 15th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by king kong
I have a 4x4 and love it ,but i do go off road with it .I have also come to the conclusion most fourbies wont see any dirt untill they reach the third or fourth owner when the paint job has well faded and the mechanics are well past it .
I will be getting a 4x4. I have NO intention of going off-road unless the supermarket car park counts. They're not illegal, if I like it, can afford it then I will buy it.

Galba

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.