Why??

Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

tartancarly will become famous soon enoughtartancarly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Why??

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Please guys, I'm sick of shutting threads that dissolve into abuse. There's room on the forum for all views, lets have a bit of live and let live
cool
Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:31 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tartancarly
The condemnation you offer to a country no longer ruled by failed imperialism.

Whether you were talking to me or not will not prevent me from answering as unlike you I will not dominate the thread.
So I ask someone else if they are from Liverpool, you reply, telling me that you don't come from Liverpool, and that's ME dominating a thread? Odd bit of logic...

.... and no longer ruled by failed imperialism??. Just how does that relate to me saying food was cheaper when eating out here, but not in the shops.??
Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

Cool boss

Why?

because I prefer it. When I don't I leave.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

tartancarly will become famous soon enoughtartancarly will become famous soon enough

I don't understand why some on this thread are so pessimistic about Australia but they continue to stay here.

If the climate, shopping, food, houses etc is all so bad there is nothing stopping people from returning, that would appear more logical IMO.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tartancarly
I don't understand why some on this thread are so pessimistic about Australia but they continue to stay here.

If the climate, shopping, food, houses etc is all so bad there is nothing stopping people from returning, that would appear more logical IMO.
Read the Moving back to the UK forum and you will see that lots of people ARE returning.. the prime reason that stops people from just upping sticks and going home is financial. I have a family to support and its not a simple matter of just saying 'right we are off home'.

If I were to win the Oz lottery then they would have to post the cheque to me in the UK, I would be out of here that fast.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Read the Moving back to the UK forum and you will see that lots of people ARE returning.. the prime reason that stops people from just upping sticks and going home is financial. I have a family to support and its not a simple matter of just saying 'right we are off home'.

If I were to win the Oz lottery then they would have to post the cheque to me in the UK, I would be out of here that fast.
Exactly, its not that clear cut. Brits married to Aussies are one example - not that easy to make your partner leave his/her family just because one misses their own.
Finance - many people sell erything to get here, it they want to go back they may not have the money left to pay for it. People sacrifice jobs/careers/homes to get here - just as it is hard to start again in Aus, so it is also hard to rebuild your life back home.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 6:29 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
Ok the culture one.

Lived in the European City Of Culture

Worked and still do in the arts

There is more access to it here, its is more original in most forms and it has a freshness and vitality to it. Where is it?

Get off your winging pommie arses and start to bloody integrate. Then you might actually to enjoy Australia.

If you don't like it...I'm sure you'll be missed when you leave to what is obviously a better country, the one you ran away from in the start!

agian one assumes to much .I have been here on and off for 30yrs I came here as a child and did not run away and given a choice even then I would have stayed. I have lived up and down the eastern sea board as for intergrating just how much of myself do I have to give to achieve this ? I am going to Ignore your whinging pommie comment as from an aussie or wanna be aussie I expect nothing else. it's funny I was just saying to the better half about intergrating and what I said was if you fit it souldn't be such an effort ,something you have to keep trying at after 30 yrs you just never going to fit and as close as we get it's just not right not a fit it ain't worth the effort . and since I don't work in the arts access to it isn't much use although I like a good play now and again can't get that here either
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

The average annual salary in the UK before tax is £20,919 = $52,217 (Source).

Australia's average wage of $53,860 = £21,583. With overtime and bonuses included, this rises to $56,350 = £22,581. (Source).
I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, as I can't be bothered to read the whole thing, but it appears that Vash's "facts" include a comparison of the average UK salary for 1999 with the average Australian one for 2006.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denver
Hi vash - Love your work - you do all the hard work regarding finding the official info and stats that I can't be bothered to do! Keep up the good work.
Yes, nice work Vash.
(see my post above)
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Exile
I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, as I can't be bothered to read the whole thing, but it appears that Vash's "facts" include a comparison of the average UK salary for 1999 with the average Australian one for 2006.
Nobody bothered to even look at the links... I think the current UK average is about 24 grand p.a.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Nobody bothered to even look at the links... I think the current UK average is about 24 grand p.a.
Yes, I must be a very sad individual.

Actually, I've seen him use that link before, and it's been pointed out before. It just gives you some indication of the mentality at work here.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:30 am
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of

simple answer to op

`do you want your kids to have 75 year mortgages in the uk?`
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:39 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougggy
simple answer to op

No prefer the 100 year ones here

But I do prefer my children to spend all day laughing and exhausting themselves outside. You cant hear this but my daughter is snoring her head off after a busy day at the park.

Oops sorry thats the wife
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:12 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougggy
simple answer to op

or a mortgage of the same size with a higher intrest rate and a poorer biult house in australia .no double brick ,double glazing, and houses that don't out last the mortgage
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:27 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

...and just to keep that sense of balance coming. Denver and Vash are both Australian... and both live in the UK.

Denver spends most of her time on the Moving back to the UK board saying how crap the UK is.
Just trying to provide a bit of "balance." There is so much crap sprouted on that forum I can't help but put my two bobs worth in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.