Wikiposts

Why the ****.....

Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Why the ****.....

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe its because you now try so hard NOT to get involved? Looking away when they try and pick a fight and that kind of thing. Maybe they are trying to show how tough they are, and so they single out someone who is trying to look mild and inoffensive, cos they think that sort of person will be an easy target?

That drunken idiot the other night, he obviously wanted to be noticed and to show off, so maybe the fact that you were completely ignoring hm was what riled him? Though I think if he'd tried to hit anyone he'd have gone nose first on the floor!! And the fact you don't instantly react with violence or shouting just winds them up cos it makes them look like idiots?
But if everyone lamped everyone then the world would be a much sadder place. I thought the advice was to ignore these muppets until they swing - then get very aggressive...fast tends to shock them.

I always remember being a kid in a restaurant and this drunk came up and insulted my mother. My Dad just stood up in a flash and said really loudly and really politely "COULD you leave PLEASE" clear as a bell - no aggression, no swearing. The old drunk was so shocked at his composure that he turned on his heel and walked. There were loads of people smiling at the old man's approch. ("Good on him"). Thing is this won't work in many places - the comeback whatever it is.

My view is that retaliating only makes it worse and fuels the fire. Most of these blokes will get asked to piss off. Look away, or maintain a non-aggressive gaze, ignore then if it's self-defence BOSH BOSH BOSH. Quick and fast.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice
Default Re: Why the ****.....

I'll let you in on an event I got involved in other week,

I've been asisstant coach of local Under 16's rugby league side, It was presentation night a few weeks ago, we were all having a great night, the beer was flowing and everyone was in good spirits. It was late on and I was talking to one of the lads dads who I coached. Another Dad who i didnt know was shouting off at everyone, he called the wife of the lad I was talking to a Slut, the guy I was with ran over and smacked him on the chin, the women then started fighting, full on, pulling hair, gouging eyes the lot. The d.ickhead guy ran and swung for the other guys wife, I saw it ran over and grabbed him, dragged him to the floor, He then bit my arm... I couldn't believe it... He then got dragged outside and got asked to leave.. The rugby club have disciplined him, I've took it no further, I could of bit whats the point. I had teeth marks in my arm.. I've been involved in a few punch ups, mainly on the rugby field defending myself but never been bit, thats low... I didnt retaliate, could of but didnt.. I have self control... kids even witness this event including my own boy, not a nice sight... I've seen stuff like this happen over here and back home, it will happen, just try and stay out of it even if you are doing the samaritan thing...
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by humpy
I'll let you in on an event I got involved in other week,

I've been asisstant coach of local Under 16's rugby league side, It was presentation night a few weeks ago, we were all having a great night, the beer was flowing and everyone was in good spirits. It was late on and I was talking to one of the lads dads who I coached. Another Dad who i didnt know was shouting off at everyone, he called the wife of the lad I was talking to a Slut, the guy I was with ran over and smacked him on the chin, the women then started fighting, full on, pulling hair, gouging eyes the lot. The d.ickhead guy ran and swung for the other guys wife, I saw it ran over and grabbed him, dragged him to the floor, He then bit my arm... I couldn't believe it... He then got dragged outside and got asked to leave.. The rugby club have disciplined him, I've took it no further, I could of bit whats the point. I had teeth marks in my arm.. I've been involved in a few punch ups, mainly on the rugby field defending myself but never been bit, thats low... I didnt retaliate, could of but didnt.. I have self control... kids even witness this event including my own boy, not a nice sight... I've seen stuff like this happen over here and back home, it will happen, just try and stay out of it even if you are doing the samaritan thing...
I agree - apart from the bloke defending himself or anyone else who cops a punch for helping out - the final result in these situations is the bloke who starts it looks like a complete See You Next Tuesday. Sufficient punishment?
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

A quiet "word" when they are alone and away from the crowds usually works from what I have heard..

From a totally another perspective...I have been in situations when I was just minding my own business and then found that some bloke decide he wants to have a go at me.. never a female.. always a guy... bit similar to the other posting when that Dad decides to call that chap's wife a slut.... abusive comments, totally and utterly unnecessary..

Have now reconciled myself that they are some right twats out there, and they usually pick on the person who is happily having a great chilled out time... and that they DEF just want an audience!

Em x
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:03 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
A quiet "word" when they are alone and away from the crowds usually works from what I have heard..

From a totally another perspective...I have been in situations when I was just minding my own business and then found that some bloke decide he wants to have a go at me.. never a female.. always a guy... bit similar to the other posting when that Dad decides to call that chap's wife a slut.... abusive comments, totally and utterly unnecessary..

Have now reconciled myself that they are some right twats out there, and they usually pick on the person who is happily having a great chilled out time... and that they DEF just want an audience!

Em x
Totally agree Em
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:12 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Do guy's (aussie)want to **** with people they know nothing about,want to fight after a few beers with a total stranger(me) who is totally more than capable of taking the kants out verbably(sic) os physically ?? You know i was a man of extreme violence once but no more but jesus these kants they do test the waters. What am i to do ?? Serious question
I dunno mate, 70's uk disco's, queuing at the crowded bar for a pint, accidently knock someones elbow as they crawl from bar & youre in a scrap.

Was one of the first things I noticed about clubs in canada when I moved there in 82. "sorry bud" was all it took & reply was, "no problem bud"

Brits are an angry bunch of dickheads
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
It's not Aussies per se but rather drunken idiots the world over!

Stop with the racist, ignorant sweeping generalisations BB, it's getting rather boring & undoubtedly offensive to some!
Totally agree.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:52 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
It's not Aussies per se but rather drunken idiots the world over!

YUp, I failed to say that but it's indicitive of brits
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:21 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Do guy's (aussie)want to **** with people they know nothing about,want to fight after a few beers with a total stranger(me) who is totally more than capable of taking the kants out verbably(sic) os physically ?? You know i was a man of extreme violence once but no more but jesus these kants they do test the waters. What am i to do ?? Serious question
I worked in security for a long time (had my own firm) and I think I've seen the worst that people can do to each other (as I'm sure you have).
Where ever there's alcohol, sooner or later there's violence and it's a world wide problem.
Many people say the Brits are the worst but tbh I've seen drunken people all over the world fighting and glassing other people in bars and clubs. As someone else has said, there really isn't an answer. The only advice I would give is that if someone starts mouthing off to you try to avoid chinning them, as hard as that may be and find the security staff. He/she is being paid to deal with trouble makers and may save you a world of pain or a criminal record.
Just my two-bobs worth.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
I worked in security for a long time (had my own firm) and I think I've seen the worst that people can do to each other (as I'm sure you have).
Where ever there's alcohol, sooner or later there's violence and it's a world wide problem.
Many people say the Brits are the worst but tbh I've seen drunken people all over the world fighting and glassing other people in bars and clubs. As someone else has said, there really isn't an answer. The only advice I would give is that if someone starts mouthing off to you try to avoid chinning them, as hard as that may be and find the security staff. He/she is being paid to deal with trouble makers and may save you a world of pain or a criminal record.
Just my two-bobs worth.
Cheers mate i used to do the doors myself in London with a good crew,but in oz i have found the crew severely lacking in ball's and def turn a blind eye
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:08 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Totally agree.
Bullshit,you dont like it, tough
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:09 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Ive found Bernie thats its all bravado as a guy in my work discovered to his cost. Called me a wan**r and was shocked into silence when he got a right hander for his troubles. Supervisor told him,"of all the guys to mess with, and you pick a Glaswegian.Will you never learn".
Should it not of been a right header? aka glaswegian kiss?
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you think you attract trouble, because based on your past comments on here, you certainly seem to?.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:20 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Why do you think you attract trouble, because based on your past comments on here, you certainly seem to?.
Mate i dont know.my friends seem to think it's because i look/act so confident and always have a smile on my face,is that a bad thing
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:30 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Mate i dont know.my friends seem to think it's because i look/act so confident and always have a smile on my face,is that a bad thing
Certainly not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.