Whow!!

Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:17 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whow!!

Ok Guys this genuinely happened to me this morning and I am still in a little bit of shock, more so cos had it happened 20 mins later, my house may not be here and my little pup too!!

My settee caught fire - I am 90% certain this is what happened - eldest said to me what's that smell - me thinking he had bottom burped was about to say those who smelt it.....when I could smell burning, I said it's burning, frantically looking around the lounge, OMG are the candles on, no! Looked at fish tank adn could see smoke - I said to him, its the fish tank, so here's me thinking o well the fish are crisped whatever, gonna have to turn it off, when he said no mum its the settee!!!! The sun had come through my lounge window and reflected through the fish tank causing my settee to burn - - eventually dragged it outside incase it went up again, have just moved some bits around, but still think how lucky we were here and that Mia is OK, as well as the rest of us!
Wouldn't mind, but it's freezing here at the mo!!!

Anyway thanks for letting me share that gang

Ems x

Back to school now xx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:20 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whow!!

bloody hell!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:23 pm

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

scary to say the least - got a fireman coming round tonight - he's my friends husband, just to put my mind at rest - my garden looks like the gypsies have moved in - sorry no offence meant but with having a settee out there!!

Now I am really tired bad day at school, kids are wired cos they are on inset and its a long weekend. My back is strained having thrown the settee outside and I want to curl up, but got to go to college tonight, come on second wind!!!

Give me some positives somewhere please!!!!! Ok I know the postive of today is that we are still alive and so is the dog - but it would be nice to have something good happen for a change......Ems x

now I'll stop feeling sorry for myself!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

OMG, that is really scary!!! Glad you are all ok though, . Have you always had your sofa and fish tank there?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
OMG, that is really scary!!! Glad you are all ok though, . Have you always had your sofa and fish tank there?
Thank you We have been here a year just over and probably moved it all around in July /August last year, can't really remember! Just goes to show, spoke to a science teacher today, who said the sun must've been really strong and a geography teacher who said yes it's possible. Wonder if it had been gaining a weakness as such???? Anyway my eldest has just come in and gone to get youngest and my friend is now doing the football run, so it gives me an extra hour at home!

Ems x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

There is no way that the sun shining through your fish tank can set your settee on fire unless it happens to be a lens shaped fish tank (extremely rare). I would randomly sniff your sons breath for the whiff of tobacco.

Mike.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Hmmmm, I assumed you were still in the UK as under your avatar it states, "not where I want to be".

Mike.
P.S. Still won't happen in Australia.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:41 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by smiling4
scary to say the least - got a fireman coming round tonight - he's my friends husband, just to put my mind at rest - my garden looks like the gypsies have moved in - sorry no offence meant but with having a settee out there!!

Now I am really tired bad day at school, kids are wired cos they are on inset and its a long weekend. My back is strained having thrown the settee outside and I want to curl up, but got to go to college tonight, come on second wind!!!

Give me some positives somewhere please!!!!! Ok I know the postive of today is that we are still alive and so is the dog - but it would be nice to have something good happen for a change......Ems x

now I'll stop feeling sorry for myself!!!!
I think your story IS a positive!! As you said had it happened later.... etc.

Now this is probably a good reason to get rid of the fish and on a more serious note - check your insurance coverage.

Wow - I am amazed that fish are responsible for this - it's just not something most of us would think about.

Glad you are ago aside from the shock of it all.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy&Mike
There is no way that the sun shining through your fish tank can set your settee on fire unless it happens to be a lens shaped fish tank (extremely rare). I would randomly sniff your sons breath for the whiff of tobacco.

Mike.
My son is 11 and none of us smoke!!!!!! My tank is round and therefore lens shaped - keep your negative opinions to yourself, when you don't know us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse:

Originally Posted by Wendy&Mike
Hmmmm, I assumed you were still in the UK as under your avatar it states, "not where I want to be".

Mike.
P.S. Still won't happen in Australia.
Yes I am in the UK !!

N thanks for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
I think your story IS a positive!! As you said had it happened later.... etc.

Now this is probably a good reason to get rid of the fish and on a more serious note - check your insurance coverage.

Wow - I am amazed that fish are responsible for this - it's just not something most of us would think about.

Glad you are ago aside from the shock of it all.
Thanks for your comments, yes sounds like a good idea about the fish!

Ems x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:49 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

dont get too wound up by some of these comments.

just let it go over your head, like smoke
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
dont get too wound up by some of these comments.

just let it go over your head, like smoke
thanks hun x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

My son is 11 and none of us smoke!!!!!! My tank is round and therefore lens shaped - keep your negative opinions to yourself, when you don't know us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse:
I don't need to know you. I just need to know the rules of physics. FYI, the smoking bit was intended to be tongue in cheek - lighten up.

Mike.
P.S. round isn't lens shaped.

Last edited by Wendy&Mike; Mar 19th 2008 at 4:16 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter left a makeup mirror on the floor in our rental, the patio door glass shattered caused by the sun reflection.

Di
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:20 pm
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

i am sure i saw a experiment on brainiac or something where they left a bottle of water in a car and with the sun shining on some paper it ignited the paper?? off to check my fishtank as our settee is right next to it some k on its way ems

si
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:48 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Guys this genuinely happened to me this morning and I am still in a little bit of shock, more so cos had it happened 20 mins later, my house may not be here and my little pup too!!

My settee caught fire - I am 90% certain this is what happened - eldest said to me what's that smell - me thinking he had bottom burped was about to say those who smelt it.....when I could smell burning, I said it's burning, frantically looking around the lounge, OMG are the candles on, no! Looked at fish tank adn could see smoke - I said to him, its the fish tank, so here's me thinking o well the fish are crisped whatever, gonna have to turn it off, when he said no mum its the settee!!!! The sun had come through my lounge window and reflected through the fish tank causing my settee to burn - - eventually dragged it outside incase it went up again, have just moved some bits around, but still think how lucky we were here and that Mia is OK, as well as the rest of us!
Wouldn't mind, but it's freezing here at the mo!!!

Anyway thanks for letting me share that gang

Ems x

Back to school now xx
Ems , youok ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.