Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who remembers... (childhood/teen stuff)

Who remembers... (childhood/teen stuff)

Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who remembers... (childhood/teen stuff)

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Im sure if they did a remake of Mr Ben the shop keeper would be as camp as a row of tents,plus wouldnt it be great if Mr Ben turned out to be a shoplifter

I would imagine Mr Benn must be on the list of possible remakes............

Lindsay x
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
I would imagine Mr Benn must be on the list of possible remakes............

Lindsay x
Personally i think he should have got a job instead of poncing about all day
Old Sep 13th 2008, 5:10 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

anybody love and cherish a Tiny Tears doll ??

and some time later came Teeny Tiny Tears
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:31 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

I had a Tiny Tears doll and in the early years, my Mum bought me a 'Baby Softy' which was supposed look/feel like a real baby - my sister and I had one each but I cut off its hair, poked its eyes out and burnt it on the bonfire once I had got bored with it.

Then I had a Pippa doll, I loved that doll, she even had her own horse. The one doll I never had was a Barbie doll and I always wanted one.

It was quite funny because when I went to Cyprus two years ago, my sister bought me one at Heathrow airport as a joke and I still have it
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

going back even further, can you remember the Kewpy dolls? Think that's how it's spelt.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:30 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

I've still got my tiny tears doll!!
She must be 40 years old now!
I did give her to my daughter when she was little but she scribbled ink on her legs and i took her back! lol
She now wears my daughters first dress and my sons first cardigan. (they are 26 and 24 years old now, and my daughter has her own little boy)
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
I've still got my tiny tears doll!!
She must be 40 years old now!
I did give her to my daughter when she was little but she scribbled ink on her legs and i took her back! lol
She now wears my daughters first dress and my sons first cardigan. (they are 26 and 24 years old now, and my daughter has her own little boy)
Ive got a doll that Mum and Dad bought me when I was two, I called her Susie Doll. She looks like Bride of Chucky after I gouged her eyes, hacked her hair (see a pattern forming here) and threw her out of my toy pram and replaced her with my cat Samson who used to sneak in there when I wasn't looking and I grew up thinking it was normal to push a large Tom cat in a pram and not a doll.

But I exported her to Perth and I am sure Customs were too scared to take her out in case she had a doll size knife and started to come alive and hack their legs

Susie doll is 39 years old now and I really must buy her some clothes as she lies in my wardrobe naked looking rather scary.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:05 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

anybody remember the cabbage patch dolls ??
God they were so ugly !!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:25 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

God they were so ugly !!
freeking scary thank god I was too old for my mother to buy me one
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:54 am

God they were so ugly !!
We had a bloke at work who was referred to as 'the Cabbage' because he truly looked lik a cabbage patch kid.

Some people actually do
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:12 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AshyB
wow i really feel like a little kid in here! never even heard of half of the shows/stuff!

any kids from the 80s here?

remember thunder cats, he-man, centurions, m.a.s.k, dogtanian, bravestarr, denver the last dinosaur, visionairies?
----
Yeah that's my era:

Ulysees, cities of gold, jimboooooo, dungeons and dragons, the A-Team, flintstones, knightmare

Paying tennis and other ‘sports’ in the street, with all the other kids from the street

40-40

Word association game, mustn’t pause or hesitate or you’ll get a bash on the head like this…or like this…the one with the most bruises loses…

Wham bars & the huge sweet collection at Woolworths and my mum telling me and my brother it was ok to take one off the floor for free if it was still in a wrapper

Cream soda - and exploding soda stream machines

Swinging over the river and falling in – and fishing for sticklebacks becasue they were just about the only fish that could live in a river full of tesco trolleys

Top trumps and Panini football albums – got it, got it, need it, got it, need it…

Paper round aged 12 for about a pound a week – do parents still let their kids do that?

Wimpeys - bender in a bun & the brown derby

All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small…

Ice ice baby

Out on our bikes all day – backies and endos

Show me yours, I’ll show you mine…

www.80scartoons.co.uk - great site for theme tunes and clips – just lost myself in memories for about an hour - brilliant!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by MTPockets
----
Yeah that's my era:

Ulysees, cities of gold, jimboooooo, dungeons and dragons, the A-Team, flintstones, knightmare

Paying tennis and other ‘sports’ in the street, with all the other kids from the street

40-40

Word association game, mustn’t pause or hesitate or you’ll get a bash on the head like this…or like this…the one with the most bruises loses…

Wham bars & the huge sweet collection at Woolworths and my mum telling me and my brother it was ok to take one off the floor for free if it was still in a wrapper

Swinging over the river and falling in – and fishing for sticklebacks becasue they were just about the only fish that could live in a river full of tesco trolleys

Top trumps and Panini football albums – got it, got it, need it, got it, need it…

Paper round aged 12 for about a pound a week – do parents still let their kids do that?

Ice ice baby

www.80scartoons.co.uk - great site for theme tunes and clips – just lost myself in memories for about an hour - brilliant!

I used to love Albert the Muskateer and I wasnt a kid, I was in my late 20s

As for Wimpey, god they were the best in those days.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

----
Yeah that's my era:

I LOVED the flintsones! and the Jetsons, Scooby Doo (Those pesky kids!)

We used to play British Bulldog, Knockout (we'd all run the length of the street and whoever came last was "knocked out" and you keep going to till someone won) Red Letter, Foxs and Hounds

40-40
Was this Hide and Seek? We used to sing a rhyme... No one around me, up or down me everyone 40-40 Scat!

Aaah Wham Bars... I still buy these now. I used to love flying saucers and hubba bubba, wasn't actually allowed hubba bubba though my mum was very anti chewing gum

Always wanted a Soda Stream I thought they were great.

We used to swing over a big dip/crater thing in the woods we called it Devils Dip (how original!) my brother broke his ankle doing it, that was a funny day!

As a girl this passed me by!

I used to "Stick Up" for a local skittle team, back breaking work for two hours and I used to get about £7 - I thought I was loaded!

You on about Wimpeys the fast food place? I used to think it was posh there because they had knives and forks!

All things wise and wonderful our dear God made them all

Ice ice baby
Now Stop, Collaberate and Listen, Ice is back with a brand new invention!

The amount times I was given a backie and bloody fell off!

Well!

Ahhh the good ol' days!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:40 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I used to love Albert the Muskateer and I wasnt a kid, I was in my late 20s

As for Wimpey, god they were the best in those days.

I don't remember that one - muskerhounds were the way forward - but then I was only 11 in 1989...but I wouldn't worry about watching it in your late 20s, my mum used to watch them with us too sometimes

I'd love a wimpey meal right now
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:54 am

I don't remember that one - muskerhounds were the way forward - but then I was only 11 in 1989...but I wouldn't worry about watching it in your late 20s, my mum used to watch them with us too sometimes

I'd love a wimpey meal right now
So would I,

I used to have this dessert called a 'chocolate lovely' - Oh my god they were gorgeous.

Funny how my happiest memories involved food and television.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.