Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Wikiposts

Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice
Default Re: Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Originally Posted by Letspretend....
Not sure if it was be-littling as such, more a tongue in cheek generalisation. Lots of schools, organisations, clubs have skeletons in their cupboards.

N
Sorry. Just a very sore subject which isn't the meaning of life.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Letspretend....
Not sure if it was be-littling as such, more a tongue in cheek generalisation. Lots of schools, organisations, clubs have skeletons in their cupboards.

N
Nope, not belittling it at all. There are serious issues, and not just with Catholic schools. But if you can't make fun of them what do you do? Turn into Victor Meldrew?

I had a form master for 3 years when I started at my secondary school. He was also my swimming trainer (at school. But I had a proper swimming trainer in my swimming club)

Look how he turned out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/885985.stm

Freaks me out to think he took me down to Dublin for a swimming gala, and made me come to his hotel bedroom in my pyjamas to read bible stories to me.

Nothing ever happened to me though, but I do believe what they say about him. And so does a court of law.

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Jun 5th 2008 at 1:59 am. Reason: Can't spell Dublin!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattandjulia
Sorry. Just a very sore subject which isn't the meaning of life.
Not a problem. I try to lighten even the most serious subjects up.

The meaning of life is to have fun.. in whatever form that takes for you, without hurting or disturbing other people.

There! End of thread.

JTL
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:11 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Well it's not about economics or tax cuts or petrol prices. But with 6 billion people on the planet I'd hazard a guess that how we treat each other has something to do with it!

BTW for your son's interest: If we could travel at the speed of light (300,000km per sec); it would take us 90,000 years to cross our galaxy. There are over a billion galaxies in our universe; and it is now thought that other universes exist.

With those odds, I really do think WE ARE NOT ALONE !!!
don't forget to check in the wardrobe and behind the door then when you go to bed
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:45 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Originally Posted by 232Bar
How do a non-catholic and a lapsed catholic send (subject) their offspring to a catholic school
Originally Posted by chris and farideh
The matter gets worst as I'm not catholic, but the OH is & he is non believer, but the son school is dead hot, & that's why he goes there.
Mmmm... I sense some hypocrisy from, what was it you put on the census for religion was it Jedi?, and a humanist who send their son to a Church of England school...
Old Jun 9th 2008, 2:00 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Mmmm... I sense some hypocrisy from, what was it you put on the census for religion was it Jedi?, and a humanist who send their son to a Church of England school...
You imply I had some say in the matter
Old Jun 9th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Ohhhh I wasnt fussy on which religious school my son would have gone to as long they are good, I'm just so easy to please, this one just happened to be catholic.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:33 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Originally Posted by 232Bar
You imply I had some say in the matter
Yes you were informed of your non negotiable right to provide financial assistance/funding.

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Ohhhh I wasnt fussy on which religious school my son would have gone to as long they are good, I'm just so easy to please, this one just happened to be catholic.
We chose Church of England over Catholic as as a rule their peodophile to kids weighting tends to be lower than with Catholic organisations, although the odd one still seems to slip through/or in...