Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Wikiposts

Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:53 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who knows "The meaning of life"?

To explain the meaning of life to a catholic, first you must explain the myth of christ which they won't accept anyway. Following a myth can't bring meaning, unless it's a shallow one. Just tell him life is what you make of it.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:09 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:10 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
You beat me to it
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra

I know it now thanks to Trigger who told me about it in the other Forum, but how can I explain it to a 8 year old.

Wouldn't it be good if we could go anywhere in 42 minutes..

To Everywhere in 42 Minutes

In 1965, mathematician Paul Cooper theorized that the fastest, most efficient way to travel across continents would be to bore a straight hollow tube directly through the earth, evacuate it (remove the air), and then just fall through. The first half of the journey consists of free-fall acceleration, while the second half consists of an exactly equal deceleration. The time for such a journey works out to be 42 minutes. Remarkably, even if the tube does not pass through the exact center of the earth, the time for a journey powered entirely by gravity always works out to be 42 minutes, as long as the tube remains friction-free
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
To explain the meaning of life to a catholic, first you must explain the myth of christ which they won't accept anyway. Following a myth can't bring meaning, unless it's a shallow one. Just tell him life is what you make of it.
The matter gets worst as I'm not catholic, but the OH is & he is non believer, but the son school is dead hot, & that's why he goes there.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:28 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Can we keep it clean please, my 8 year old ask me this questions out of blue mum "what is the meaning of life?" this morning when I was driving him to school.
I told him I'll have answer for him when I pick him, so all helps would be appreciated.

I thought about it I really dont know, strange questions children ask their parents, he said he asked his teacher yesterday & she didnt know either.
It's simple we can cover it in 4 words... we live we die.

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:53 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

The matter gets worst as I'm not catholic, but the OH is & he is non believer, but the son school is dead hot, & that's why he goes there.
How do a non-catholic and a lapsed catholic send (subject) their offspring to a catholic school
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

The matter gets worst as I'm not catholic, but the OH is & he is non believer,
Well then he's not a Catholic!! He is an aetheist if he is a non believer. Or at best an agnostic if he is not sure.

Its like saying I love eating fish, but I don't believe they exist

JTL
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:14 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
How do a non-catholic and a lapsed catholic send (subject) their offspring to a catholic school
Yeah? That's got me confused as well.

If you're gonna send him there at least warn him about the brain washing before he goes. Let him know about Darwinism first.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if the Catholic church is for or against Gay Divorce?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:34 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Does anyone know if the Catholic church is for or against Gay Divorce?
and what about gay sexual experimentation?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:56 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kapri
You beat me to it
Great minds.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
Don't you just love the English. Making sheep shagging jokes one minute and hanging themselves from the ceiling in rubber suits the next
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:47 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
I think in it's most basic form the meaning of life is to pro-create....

It really is that basic - that is fundamentally what we are here for....

Lau x
I beg to differ.

There are an awful lot of people out there you haven't "pro-created" (myself included). By your definition that would make the lives of those who didn't pro-create meaningless. I beg to differ.

Gina
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

I'd stick to simple philosphy: "I think, therefore I am"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.