Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6681887]I think you have made the right decision. We cut our price by £145k and then took an offer of £30k under that! It is a hell of a lot of money and we are making a loss on the property as we only bought 4 years ago and have spent £50k on it too.. BUT it does mean we are 'free' and after 15 months of broken chains, buyers pulling out etc etc, we will just be glad to get rid of the place.

Fingers crossed the sale is smooth.

QUOTE]

Excepted the offer will see how it goest this time
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks hun - it's me, my OH couldn't organise the finances. I run both our businesses, do the accounts and VAT etc. I dare say there are better interest rate deals, but it's getting at your money from Aus which is the problem.

We are on a temp visa so have no probs moving money around from the UK to Aus whenever we like. I think with PR visas you have to either move your money in small sums (less than $5K???) or move it all at once. However, if you have money tied up in for example, a 12 month bond, a 3 month notice account and an instant access account, I'm sure they wouldn't question you transferring the money as soon as it becomes available. You can also 'drip feed your money'. For example, we have set up a Nationwide account. We can transfer money into there from our other accounts and then take our money out as Aussie dollars out from Aussie cash machines. There are no checks on you doing this.

Good tip - we have a NR mortgage on a BTL property, it seems to be ok....
We have few endowments etc coming out, which (if we sell) will come out after we've been over there more than 6 months - can I drip feed our money over? as have heard that there is a 48% tax if not??
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:04 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn-D

Gosh Wardy, I'd be pi55ed too. Our buyer reckons that a bank lost a draft of only £75 (nothing like you've had to go through) for a letter but then reckons on Friday they found it! How can these banks lose money like this. I hope yours is resolved soon, keep us posted, have sent you some K's

Dawn x
Hi Dawn its the EA who lost it bank is on the case now as the cash goes into a holding account until the receiver tries to cash in. She has gone to see if it has been cashed and if yes where it was cashed.

nightmare so cross about this.

What a bugger! Is there anyway to cancel it???? the agent we used to let our flat was useless. i think it must be in the job description. They lost our contract and the file with all the info lke the gas safety check and then said we hadn't sent it!!

Hope it gets better for you soon!
Thanks nic was just beginning to feel like we were on the path to financial freedom, haven't asked about cancelling yet unntil she comes back with difinitive news as to its whereabouts.

The whole office of theis EA seems incompetent.

UPDATE bank has rang me the cheque was cashed 12th August, how do these people get jobs????

Apparently the cheque was put in early Friday morning the bank has rung EA and they are going to ask accountant to check again.

:curse: stressed
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it gets sorted Kaye!
There really are some very incompetent people about
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=marvinc;6690461]
I think you have made the right decision. We cut our price by £145k and then took an offer of £30k under that! It is a hell of a lot of money and we are making a loss on the property as we only bought 4 years ago and have spent £50k on it too.. BUT it does mean we are 'free' and after 15 months of broken chains, buyers pulling out etc etc, we will just be glad to get rid of the place.

Fingers crossed the sale is smooth.

QUOTE]

Excepted the offer will see how it goest this time
Great news.

Welcome to the next cycle of stress.

EDIT Apologies for my typing today, I am on a different pc and it needs much firmer keystrokes, so I keep missing letters out and the caps doesn't work. GRRRR
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
We have few endowments etc coming out, which (if we sell) will come out after we've been over there more than 6 months - can I drip feed our money over? as have heard that there is a 48% tax if not??
Don't panic! The tax is only on the difference between the exchange rate on the day you emigrated and the day you move your money. So for example if the rate was 2 on the day you moved and 2.5 on the day the money was moved and you moved £10, you would get $25 not the $20 you would have got on the day. So you pay tax on the £5 you made on the exchange rate. therefore at 48% you pay about half that in tax BUT you still make a gain and you don't lose any of your lump sum. I have heard if you transfer small amounts or pay the money into a Uk account and then take the money out in $ from a cash machine that they don't bother - but that is what I have heard - you should check it out.

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi Dawn its the EA who lost it bank is on the case now as the cash goes into a holding account until the receiver tries to cash in. She has gone to see if it has been cashed and if yes where it was cashed.

nightmare so cross about this.

Thanks nic was just beginning to feel like we were on the path to financial freedom, haven't asked about cancelling yet unntil she comes back with difinitive news as to its whereabouts.

The whole office of theis EA seems incompetent.

UPDATE bank has rang me the cheque was cashed 12th August, how do these people get jobs????

Apparently the cheque was put in early Friday morning the bank has rung EA and they are going to ask accountant to check again.

:curse: stressed
Gosh, I have everything crossed that it is another error on their part and they have the money! You just don't need the stress. If they have lost it, then I would refuse to pay it again as it was given to them in trust.

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hope it gets sorted Kaye!
There really are some very incompetent people about
I know - god knows how they get jobs!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:50 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Everyone,

Just had Beth on the phone.

She wants me to let you know that her validation trip is going okay, she is finding her feet here, (so to speak), and can't wait until they can move out here for good.

She's off tomorrow, either to the Gold or Sunshine Coast.

Will try to keep you updated. Watch this space for her update on her validation trip.....

Mxxx
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:16 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok mess sorted its definitely been cashed, apparently the EA put my cheque in the cash column and not cheques as the woman we gave the cheque to did not give us a receipt they had no record of who had it last.

Head, brick wall springs to mind.

Thanks Mach for keeping us updated about Beth, I was wondering how she was getting on.

I bet Australia doesn't know whats hit them
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

We are leaving part of my business running in the UK and will be managing everything online. God help us!
If that is your renting business, don't forget that LLs are required by law to have a uk contact address in case the tenants want to take you to court.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Hi! Everyone,

Just had Beth on the phone.

She wants me to let you know that her validation trip is going okay, she is finding her feet here, (so to speak), and can't wait until they can move out here for good.

She's off tomorrow, either to the Gold or Sunshine Coast.

Will try to keep you updated. Watch this space for her update on her validation trip.....

Mxxx
Thanks M, I'm sure Beth won't want to come home!

Ok mess sorted its definitely been cashed, apparently the EA put my cheque in the cash column and not cheques as the woman we gave the cheque to did not give us a receipt they had no record of who had it last.

Thanks Mach for keeping us updated about Beth, I was wondering how she was getting on.

Good news that they found it. What a bunch of twerps.

Originally Posted by formula
If that is your renting business, don't forget that LLs are required by law to have a uk contact address in case the tenants want to take you to court.
Thanks for that - my MIL will be the contact.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Hi Kaye

Sorry to hear about yr nightmare with jan forster. They are totally useless our house was up with them 1 viewing in 6mths no idea what they are doing.
Nobody in office knows what the others are doing.

Lorna
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Thank god it's all been sorted out for you now, really pleased, hope you are relieved of the stress now

Dawn x
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:58 pm
aka DORIS

Thanks guys have to say i'm relieved.

Have you still got your house up for sale Lorna I see the one round the corner sold have you tried Andrew craig they seem to have sold that one pretty fast. It was hardly on the market was it.

keeping my fingers crossed for you

k
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Thanks guys have to say i'm relieved.

Have you still got your house up for sale Lorna I see the one round the corner sold have you tried Andrew craig they seem to have sold that one pretty fast. It was hardly on the market was it.

keeping my fingers crossed for you

k
Yes house just up with KP now they are putting it in another auction in sept that we do not have to pay for. It has to be sole agent for auction.
That house on the front has been empty since last summer it was repossessed they did a runner to spain. Dont know wot it went for but i guess not a lot.

Lorna
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:22 pm
aka DORIS

I think it was advertised at about £135 k but dont know how much it went for will have a look on upmystreet when the new sales list comes out.

Hope the auction works out this time have you set a reserve again.

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.