Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging pom eggs. Racist or just ocker humour?

Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging pom eggs. Racist or just ocker humour?

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Has anybody here ever called an Aussie a "dirty convict?" Just curious..........
First time i have ever even heard it - sounds to me like they are trying to justify the name calling by saying "you did it first"!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zenshin
Shame some of you seem to label all Australian's as racist and bogans and then have the audacity to complain about the whinging pom term. Double standards I think.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Are you saying anyone who points out that some people in this country are racist are using double standards by complaining about the Australians who are in fact calling them racist names?
The name calling is surely proving the point that some are.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

No in my opinion racism is a form of discriminating or labelling a race of people as being something in general rather than taking each person on an individual basis regardless of their skin colour, religion or race.

By calling all Australians racist they are making a general judgement of Australians. It is just as bad as saying all Muslims are terrorists. The English don't all want to be pigeon holed as whinging poms either.

Forget about all the silly name calling. Why can't people just look past skin colour, religion and race? Like people for who they are and if someone doesn't like you don't assume it is because they are racist. Not everyone is going to automatically get along. Sometimes it might be your different backgrounds that can cause that incompatibility but that is not racism it is just lack of understanding of other cultures.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:28 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
That comeback would have been brilliant if the Sunny Queen Egg marketing ploy had actually been racist. But it wasn't, so it isn't.

Yes, that'll go down well with the 25% of Australians who came here from a foreign country (including those from the UK). I'm sure they just love that corny old "convict" label, along with all the people in states which began as free colonies (ie. South Australia). Exposing your ignorance of our history might be more amusing than the joke you're attempting to make.

You're welcome to have a dig, but try not to end up in the hole.
Out of interest: More convicts were sent to Virginia than were sent to Australia......
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Out of interest: More convicts were sent to Virginia than were sent to Australia......
Over 165,000 convicts were sent to Australia, more than triple the number sent to colonial America, before the practice was officially abolished in 1850.
http://www.earlyamericancrime.com/co...alian-solution

Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:37 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

ABC beat me to it.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:51 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Aint it a load of rubbish that this sort of thing always results in stats n all that. There's only ever an issue with this sort of thing when someone who can quite happily give it, can't take it. It's purely piss taking and is only very loosely based on fact,

If you can't take it don't dish it out as my old man says, and if you get some, dish it right back, as my Uncle Eric says
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:11 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Aint it a load of rubbish that this sort of thing always results in stats n all that. There's only ever an issue with this sort of thing when someone who can quite happily give it, can't take it. It's purely piss taking and is only very loosely based on fact,

If you can't take it don't dish it out as my old man says, and if you get some, dish it right back, as my Uncle Eric says
Nooooo Steve, I only made the comment to point out a little known fact.

Call the Aussies convicts by all means, i don’t think they care, or even are proud of it.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:15 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Nooooo Steve, I only made the comment to point out a little known fact.

Call the Aussies convicts by all means, i don’t think they care, or even are proud of it.
wasn't getting at you dude, merely that people get so wound up that the comments inevitably lead others to quote stats to calm em down/prove em wrong. this was all started by half a dozen eggs
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:26 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
this was all started by half a dozen eggs
Which was eggsactly what you wanted
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:42 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Are they only selling the egg whites?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

Why? Are they only selling the egg whites?
Is that supposed to be a yolk?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:51 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Is that supposed to be a yolk?
sorry, I'll go back into my shell now
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
sorry, I'll go back into my shell now
I knew you would crack.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:53 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by bcworld
I knew you would crack.
stop poaching my jokes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.