Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinge about the Brisbane weather

Whinge about the Brisbane weather

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinge about the Brisbane weather

Originally Posted by TGA
I was rained off more in Brisbane than I ever was in London.
It certainly used to happen a lot. Sorry, sitting in New Farm park drinking today is cancelled etc etc
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:29 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I often than my lucky stars we chose Qld. Had we chosen to live in Melbourne I really don't know where I'd have found the time to constantly run down other places & bash my gums about how ****ing great the place is.
Some kind of kidology where you feel the need to constantly justify your choice must only mean your very insecure with it
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I often than my lucky stars we chose Qld. Had we chosen to live in Melbourne I really don't know where I'd have found the time to constantly run down other places & bash my gums about how ****ing great the place is.
Some kind of kidology where you feel the need to constantly justify your choice must only mean your very insecure with it
I went to Melbourne for the first time before Christmas and I really honestly didn't see what all the fuss was about. But saying to someone that you don't like Melbourne on here is like blasphemy!!!!!! Everyone is supposed to say that Melbourne is uber cool in a trendy European style kinda way If you don't tow that line then expect to be given a hard time. Also you HAVE to admit that Sydney has no culture and nothing worthwhile or they will get most upset.

As for the weather, Feb - June is the wet half of the year in the eastern states, but don't worry Melbourne will be wet and cold soon enough whilst we bask in the dry and gloriously sunny winter weather
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
I went to Melbourne for the first time before Christmas and I really honestly didn't see what all the fuss was about. But saying to someone that you don't like Melbourne on here is like blasphemy!!!!!! Everyone is supposed to say that Melbourne is uber cool in a trendy European style kinda way If you don't tow that line then expect to be given a hard time. Also you HAVE to admit that Sydney has no culture and nothing worthwhile or they will get most upset.

As for the weather, Feb - June is the wet half of the year in the eastern states, but don't worry Melbourne will be wet and cold soon enough whilst we bask in the dry and gloriously sunny winter weather
*clutches pearls*

Mods!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:00 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
*clutches pearls*

Mods!
Ban him? He's likely to be promoted! The only reason we don't have any Mods in Melbourne is there simply isn't enough time to wax lyrical about how good the place is as well as moderate.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Ban him? He's likely to be promoted! The only reason we don't have any Mods in Melbourne is there simply isn't enough time to wax lyrical about how good the place is as well as moderate.
But the people in Melbourne are so cool and intellectual and well educated
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

I am currently laughing at the notion of the Sunshine State :-). Ok, we get more sunshine per year than Sydney and Melbourne but when it is bad here, it is seriously bad.

I am so over the rain and lack of sun. I need light therapy right now. This is a whinge thread so at least I can vent here .

Just had a friend up from Adelaide the last three days. Rain, rain and more rain. We got out and about, but honestly, couldn't do as much as we wanted.

Also have a young pup who refuses to toilet outside in the rain so inside of the house is sodden with the smell of wee and poo. I hate this rain with a passion for many reasons. Had enough to last a lifetime anyway.

I certainly don't wish for hot drought like conditions, just a relief from this seemingly eternal bleakness

I am actually potentially heading down to Melbourne this weekend just to get some warm, sunny weather (will book flight later in week depending on forecast)
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by GreenMan72
I am currently laughing at the notion of the Sunshine State :-). Ok, we get more sunshine per year than Sydney and Melbourne but when it is bad here, it is seriously bad.

I am so over the rain and lack of sun. I need light therapy right now. This is a whinge thread so at least I can vent here .

Just had a friend up from Adelaide the last three days. Rain, rain and more rain. We got out and about, but honestly, couldn't do as much as we wanted.

Also have a young pup who refuses to toilet outside in the rain so inside of the house is sodden with the smell of wee and poo. I hate this rain with a passion for many reasons. Had enough to last a lifetime anyway.

I certainly don't wish for hot drought like conditions, just a relief from this seemingly eternal bleakness

I am actually potentially heading down to Melbourne this weekend just to get some warm, sunny weather (will book flight later in week depending on forecast)
My poor friend who lives just north of Byron Bay has basically been trapped for I think about 2 weeks now. There's only one way into his place and it floods. He has to park near the highway...wade through knee to waist deep water then walk about 1.5-2ks further to his house (probably in the rain!)...and do it all again in reverse the next day!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bcworld
My poor friend who lives just north of Byron Bay has basically been trapped for I think about 2 weeks now. There's only one way into his place and it floods. He has to park near the highway...wade through knee to waist deep water then walk about 1.5-2ks further to his house (probably in the rain!)...and do it all again in reverse the next day!
Youch - hope things improve for him. Our workplace had flooding back at the end of Jan, but we are lucky where we are in that we just have a very sodden backyard. The creek further down the road was pretty angry though but we are in a low risk zone.

Actually rediscovering gaming at the moment - seems like a good time to be doing it.

This is my first wet season here in Brissie - hopefully the majority are not this bad.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
OK, I'll rephrase that - Melbourne is hot and dry in summer (and Autumn and often Spring) and cooler and wetter in winter.

I reckon if someone lived in Melbourne 9 months of the year and Brisbane the other 3 months (winter) they would have the perfect climate.

Having said that, I love Melbourne in winter too because I love snowsports.

So it's perfect weather for me 12 months of the year.

BB
Fair enough, though I don't see how your preference for cold weather proves qld's warmer, dryer weather is false advertising...the BOM stats back them up.

Easy for anyone to pick and choose a bad period and make any place look bad that's why the averages in the stats are so useful...
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenMan72
This is my first wet season here in Brissie - hopefully the majority are not this bad.
No not typical. The extended dry weather up to Jan was strange with the crisp brown grass like the southern states and then the lack of thunder storms replaced by the ex-cyclone, then nothing for a while and then 3 weeks of all day rain is not typical. Far more typical to have dry days until intermittent afternoon storms roll in and chuck all the rain down quickly in intense rain.

Last edited by fish.01; Mar 3rd 2013 at 9:48 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

According to a weather bloke on the telly - Brisbane has had its usual monthly rainfall for March already!!
I wonder if QLD tourism will still be complaining that BOM is being negative by putting off the tourists...?
Looks bloody lovely in Adelaide....
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fish.01
No not typical. The extended dry weather up to Jan was strange with the crisp brown grass like the southern states and then the lack of thunder storms replaced by the ex-cyclone, then nothing for a while and then 3 weeks of all day rain is not typical. Far more typical to have dry days until intermittent afternoon storms roll in and chuck all the rain down quickly in intense rain.
Sounds much better - bring on the 'typical' conditions.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:32 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, it's actually not raining outside!

It's eerily quiet out there.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 12:24 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Right now, it's actually not raining outside!

It's eerily quiet out there.
Just the sound of the psychopaths sharpening the axes ...

it has been wet lately ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.