Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinge about the Brisbane weather

Whinge about the Brisbane weather

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light
Default Whinge about the Brisbane weather

I'm so fed up of the rain - When will it stop? My clothes are going mouldy on the line and my lawn has turned into some kind of snake n spider swimming pool.
I'm getting so bored, I'm seriously considering doing my tax accounting early
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinge about the Brisbane weather

It s almost as bad here in Sydney. My pool goes all sorts of interesting colours!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

It is definitely wearing on me. We moved into our new house and the kids haven't been able to play in their new garden nor the pool.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 2:04 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Blue sky in melbourne, and the rain last week was only enough to damp down the dust ......
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 2:57 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Weather channel is forecasting four non rain days for us for the entirety of this month.

Must be annoying for all those who moved to Australia for the lovely sunny weather.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 4:34 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Weather channel is forecasting four non rain days for us for the entirety of this month.

Must be annoying for all those who moved to Australia for the lovely sunny weather.
Strange isn't it. I like the warmth and the sun. BUT, with no decent rain since October, it's beginning to wear a bit thin.

Of course, when it does rain, we'll flood probably. C'est la vie and all that.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 5:13 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I am of the opinion that the only thing Queensland is good at is PR and marketing. All the great weather seems to be in Melbourne which has the worst reputation among other states for weather.

Just had a blinding weekend of 30 and sun all weekend, next week is - 31 sun, 32 sun, 33 sun, 34 sun, 31 sun followed by a weekend of 35 sun and 35 sun.

I love the Melbourne weather - its hot and dry when it supposed to be and cooler and wetter when it is supposed to be.

BB
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:31 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Queensland, beautiful one day perfect the next Having said that it is definitely the only place I would live in Australia.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:35 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Whinge about the Brisbane weather

Originally Posted by chris955
Queensland, beautiful one day perfect the next
.....I rest my case..........

BB
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I am of the opinion that the only thing Queensland is good at is PR and marketing. All the great weather seems to be in Melbourne which has the worst reputation among other states for weather.

Just had a blinding weekend of 30 and sun all weekend, next week is - 31 sun, 32 sun, 33 sun, 34 sun, 31 sun followed by a weekend of 35 sun and 35 sun.

I love the Melbourne weather - its hot and dry when it supposed to be and cooler and wetter when it is supposed to be.

BB
"supposed to be"
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:44 am
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Whinge about the Brisbane weather

Originally Posted by fish.01
"supposed to be"
OK, I'll rephrase that - Melbourne is hot and dry in summer (and Autumn and often Spring) and cooler and wetter in winter.

I reckon if someone lived in Melbourne 9 months of the year and Brisbane the other 3 months (winter) they would have the perfect climate.

Having said that, I love Melbourne in winter too because I love snowsports.

So it's perfect weather for me 12 months of the year.

BB
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'll rephrase that - Melbourne is hot and dry in summer (and Autumn and often Spring) and cooler and wetter in winter.

I reckon if someone lived in Melbourne 9 months of the year and Brisbane the other 3 months (winter) they would have the perfect climate.

Having said that, I love Melbourne in winter too because I love snowsports.

So it's perfect weather for me 12 months of the year.

BB
You are funny!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:54 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by bcworld
You are funny!
Funny? Or just "content". I reckon "content" is a great place to be......

BB
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Funny? Or just "content". I reckon "content" is a great place to be......

BB
Content's great...I was thinking more of your weather analysis. SE Queensland is of course currently enjoying about double it's average summer rainfall. Meanwhile the temperature for Melbourne over the next week would be way above average even in January...as you know. I just thought the way you described made these events sound like the typical situation...I'm sure I was wrong though!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:01 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

I was rained off more in Brisbane than I ever was in London.
And it has crap pubs and no atmosphere....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.