Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's the plan for Christmas?

Wikiposts

What's the plan for Christmas?

Old Dec 20th 2010, 12:56 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the plan for Christmas?

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Top bloke!
Mind you, Grayling was highly entertaining - he looks like butter wouldnt melt in his mouth, and then someone upsets him with their driving and he lets em have it.

Happy days at the Manchester meet, happy days!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:02 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I may have to cancel christmas this yr I've only just noticed the date!! Dosen't time fly
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
I think I may have to cancel christmas this yr I've only just noticed the date!! Dosen't time fly
bugger,what date is it on this year.!!!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:51 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
bugger,what date is it on this year.!!!
I could swear it's about 6mth sooner than last yr!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

barbie breakfast at the beach, traditional xmas dinner at lunch, then afternoon around the pool. drinks at each stage
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Orphans picnic in the morning, Mr PP comes home at 3.30pm, and we have two friends round for lunch.

I wont drink up until then as I am on call for snake catching but we are having full turkey dinner, I love it.
We are also on call for snake catching on Christmas Day! My dad also couldn't understand why I wanted to do it......I blamed the oh

Here's to a merry snake catching christmas!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:52 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaIan
We are also on call for snake catching on Christmas Day! My dad also couldn't understand why I wanted to do it......I blamed the oh

Here's to a merry snake catching christmas!
Omg a fellow snake catcher!

Can I ask, do you use a net? My tutor Bob Cooper doesnt use a net, he taught us to contain snakes in a 75Litre bin, he doesnt like nets at all, so that is how he taught us, using an elapid hook and gentle grabbers?

I was tempted to train with a net and was talking about it with my mate (who works for DEC) last week but she said the safest method is the one you are trained to do so stick to it. Alot of the snake catchers (blokes) round our way pick them up by their tails but again, I was taught under no circumstances (unless the snake is caught up in wire), should you do 'skin to scale'.

What kind of snakes do you get in Sydney? Ive just done dugites so far.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Just the two of us and it will either be a lovelly day of sea food on the barbie and a dip in the ocean interspersed with copius amounts of wine. Or, the missus with be hating it because we arent doing anything special / going on holiday in which case i will be sat in the spare room playing solitaire like the last 2 out of 3 christmas days

Though i have sworn that if i get another of the latter i will work it from now on.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by verystormy
Just the two of us and it will either be a lovelly day of sea food on the barbie and a dip in the ocean interspersed with copius amounts of wine. Or, the missus with be hating it because we arent doing anything special / going on holiday in which case i will be sat in the spare room playing solitaire like the last 2 out of 3 christmas days

Though i have sworn that if i get another of the latter i will work it from now on.

Are you serious, the last 2 out of 3 xmas days have been spent like that?

'Special' should be time off work spent with each other, it shouldnt have to be going away or on holiday.

Tell her to hate xmas by all means but do not ruin it for you. Failing that, you would be welcome round our house for a good feed and decent atmosphere. I dont allow anyone to ruin my xmas - ever.

Get yer arse to my Suburb
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks would love to. We shall see on Chritmas morning how it is going to pan out. Last year was a disaster, the year before great and the one before the biggest disaster with the whole christmas dinner going in the bin.

But as i say, this is a last chance. If its bad this year, then from now on i will fly out to work and go bush for the whole period on my own with a swag and a fridge of cold ones.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:18 pm

Thanks would love to. We shall see on Chritmas morning how it is going to pan out. Last year was a disaster, the year before great and the one before the biggest disaster with the whole christmas dinner going in the bin.

But as i say, this is a last chance. If its bad this year, then from now on i will fly out to work and go bush for the whole period on my own with a swag and a fridge of cold ones.
Well if you need to 'escape', let me know, you would be more than welcome to come round, even if its just for a few beers.

Does she really think by ruining it for you it will make it better for her?
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:34 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, if the morning starts like that then i will be in touch. She isnt been delibratly nasty. She just seems to get miserable at Christmas and then takes it out on me.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

We won't be feasting on little orphans but free-loading at the house of friends followed by a Boxing day drive down to the Gippsland lakes.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas Eve - Celebrating with some friends from Norway (cos that is their 'Christmas Day')

Christmas Day - Do some present opening at home then collect Mother In Law and drive to Brother In Law's place on da Northside.

Boxing Day - I think there may be some cricket on ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.