What's going on?

Old Apr 1st 2007, 12:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's going on?

Just got home from a nice barbie with friends and as we drove down NorthEast Rd (eastern suburbs Adelaide) 5 police cars with sirens blaring raced by us going the opposite way just 3 blocks from our street. Another police car stopped on our side of the road at the next block with what looked like a spike belt ready to be put down. Just as we got to our street another 2 police cars sped past with sirens blaring and lights flashing. As we got in the house more sirens and then helicopters circling my neighbourhood for the last 15 minutes. My husband is out of town and my kids are scared with all the sirens and police activity in the area and of course the local radio and TV are useless! Guess it's another sleepless night in our house.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:20 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's going on?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Just got home from a nice barbie with friends and as we drove down NorthEast Rd (eastern suburbs Adelaide) 5 police cars with sirens blaring raced by us going the opposite way just 3 blocks from our street. Another police car stopped on our side of the road at the next block with what looked like a spike belt ready to be put down. Just as we got to our street another 2 police cars sped past with sirens blaring and lights flashing. As we got in the house more sirens and then helicopters circling my neighbourhood for the last 15 minutes. My husband is out of town and my kids are scared with all the sirens and police activity in the area and of course the local radio and TV are useless! Guess it's another sleepless night in our house.
Wendy is "entertaining" the local constabulary again
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: What's going on?

My husband is out of town and my kids are scared with all the sirens and police activity in the area and of course the local radio and TV are useless!
Give them a chance, mate. They don't have camera crews and radio reporters on every street corner.

From your description, it sounds like someone's nicked a car; maybe pulled off a ram-raid as well. That's not exactly going to make the national headlines.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Apr 1st 2007 at 2:42 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like a pursuit to me - the cars racing past will be moving to strategic points to prepare spike strips (stingers). They zoom around because they have to get ahead of the pursuit. Air support is needed for any decamp (ditch it and run) and to track the pursuit more safely.
I really wouldn't worry about it in the least.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

hey sounds like where we live now, only this happens on a weekly or more frequent basis
Hope the kids are ok soon
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We live fairly close to Yatala Labour Prison, so this had the kids a little upset that there could have been an escape. Flashbacks for them of a time we were in Florida and there had been an armed robbery just up the road from our hotel. The local police were circling in helicopters with bullhorns telling people to go inside and lock their doors and not to open them to anyone. They were scared silly then, so I guess all the sirens and helicopters were a reminder.

When I said the local media were useless, I didn't expect there to be a camera crew out but I would have thought the local radio stations would have picked it up on the police scanners and broadcast to avoid the area. Maybe things are done differently here, but it's just what I'm used to.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

We live fairly close to Yatala Labour Prison, so this had the kids a little upset that there could have been an escape. Flashbacks for them of a time we were in Florida and there had been an armed robbery just up the road from our hotel. The local police were circling in helicopters with bullhorns telling people to go inside and lock their doors and not to open them to anyone. They were scared silly then, so I guess all the sirens and helicopters were a reminder.

When I said the local media were useless, I didn't expect there to be a camera crew out but I would have thought the local radio stations would have picked it up on the police scanners and broadcast to avoid the area. Maybe things are done differently here, but it's just what I'm used to.
Is this the one?
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...7-2682,00.html

This is quite funny.
"The police spokesman said the offender had driven at close to or under the speed limit throughout the chase."
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Wendy is "entertaining" the local constabulary again

Cheeky mare

(That was last week )
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:32 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by marco121068
Is this the one?
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...7-2682,00.html

This is quite funny.
"The police spokesman said the offender had driven at close to or under the speed limit throughout the chase."
Looks like it. Thanks. From the number of police cars we saw and the sirens and helicopters, you would think it was something major!