Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

So Mad!!! Now what!?

So Mad!!! Now what!?

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:27 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default So Mad!!! Now what!?

To cut a long story short.... As we have 3 small kids, nights out are not everyday event for us so was really looking forward to OHs work do on last Sat night. Went out, 10 of us, for a meal in Joondalup, had 2 drinks and went for a third drink at a pub near by. As we were about to go home, I was standing outside with a friend, about 11.30pm(ish), might add that I was standing so that a huge cement pole was behind me, not in the way of anyone.

Next thing I remember is 2 bouncers (and this story means they seem to take that name literally) were running after a guy from the pub, coming towards me to the outside terrace. One bouncer ran straight to me, and at the same instance grabbed to guy they were running after, who in return tried to fight the bouncer off (with what looked like a broken nose, thanks to the bouncers). This same bouncer, in split second that this all happened, took a swing at this guy and in process made me fly off the terrace, landing on the sidewalk good 1.5-2m away, hitting my back on the steps in the process.
As said, this happened in split second, people ran over and picked me up, got my OH and his workmates over and by then I nearly passed out from pain and shock. OH informed the restaurant manager who said they'd take details down and see what happened etc. Instead he sent a young girl over, who instead of offering to help me (nearly still passing out) kept saying she'd give me a free voucher for dinner and oh, well when they have to jump, they have to jump. I said that excuse me but if I wasn't standing against that cement pole, security must have a habit of running against cement then and not watching where they are going.... girl replied "just trying to be nice, you want the dinner or not. Come and tell me if you still NEED the dinner!!" I could've used ambulance more.

Ended up to hospital, 6 hours and 1 sunrise later, found that my wrist was injured but thankfully not broken nor fractured (lucky as I landed on my wrist), tail bone most likely fractured but not much they can do.... and never mind the 20cm bruise on my right thigh and a CLEAR & black bootmark on my left ankle .

Getting over the shock now, pain is bad but managing, I am desperately trying to get a bit better in the next few days and I am facing a flight to Finland to my mum's funeral on Friday and will be travelling with a three year old fitted with Duracell. Right now I think I'll be ok, in pain but ok, doctors said I'd be ok to fly health wise. After all that, today is the "getting mad" day. Should I take this further and how far ? I will be writing to the place in question a very strongly worded letter but after all this, should I take it further than that? All I can think is that the fall was huge, and what if I'll get trouble with my back etc that's not noticable yet ?
I was not drunk (not possible after 3 beers in 6 hrs), I wasn't in their way, if anything more like I was cornered and unable to escape them. Yesterday I could not move, just lying in one spot popping pain killers, today have had help to handle kids, school etc. slowly can move a bit more, still painful, wrist is getting black and still very swollen, and right side on my body is getting a bruised as they come:curse: .

Not looking for tears nor karma or nothing, just wanting to know, what would you do? I am angry at the bouncers, not at the pub for what happened but then again, mad at how the staff handled it. The bouncers didn't even acknowledge what happened, instead tried to stop our driver from getting back inside to get me home....

Well didn't end up explaining this in such a short way after all did I?
Tez
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Mad!!! Now what!?

Take photos seek solicitors advice and sue the ass off of them.

Sorry my mood tonight,

Jo
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

What Jo said.

Buzzy
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:06 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

God Tehri that sounds awful -Contact the police, its assault !

Edit (womats response is exactly what you should do)

Last edited by sme; Apr 2nd 2007 at 9:09 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

Get in contact with the restaurant again, the restaurant manager should never have sent a junior staff member to liaise with you, ask to speak to the owners.

Get the name of the company the bouncers are employed by and make a written complaint to their head honcho.

Here is a link to Legal Aid - Western Australia that may be of assistance to you.

http://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/InfoAb...g.xml#Security

Hope you feel better soon.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are ok ! what a horrible thing to of happened. I would definitely contact a solicitor !
All the best

Nicky
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:10 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
God Tehri that sounds awful -Contact the police, its assault !

Police was there and our friends tried to tell them to come and see me on the terrace as I was unable to move at the time. They had the hands full with the bouncers and this guy, don't even think they listened at all. So mad still over the reaction of staff and security (no reaction nor even thinking that I had been flown across the road). They were heaps of people helping me, all customers were really good and witnessed not only the fall but my condition afterwards and offered help and wanted to make sure all was ok (and it wasn't), not so from the people who should've cared about all of it .
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Cause a stink. Hearing too many of these bouncers going way over the top these days. Get photos signed by JP to prove how bad they are and when injuries happened.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:15 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Originally Posted by Womat
Get in contact with the restaurant again, the restaurant manager should never have sent a junior staff member to liaise with you, ask to speak to the owners.

Get the name of the company the bouncers are employed by and make a written complaint to their head honcho.

Here is a link to Legal Aid - Western Australia that may be of assistance to you.

http://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/InfoAb...g.xml#Security

Hope you feel better soon.

Planning defo to contact the restaurant, I want their insurance details should I have some injuries later on not known now (being my lower back, just like in a car accident, can't tell all injuries necessary straight away), also will be informing them that this isn't the end of it as far as I'm concerned. If I was working at the moment (funny thing but first time in years I'm not working) there's no way I could work this week, it's also affecting OHs work as he needed to take time off to help me. Thanks for the link, will be contacting them tomorrow.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:16 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Police was there and our friends tried to tell them to come and see me on the terrace as I was unable to move at the time. They had the hands full with the bouncers and this guy, don't even think they listened at all. So mad still over the reaction of staff and security (no reaction nor even thinking that I had been flown across the road). They were heaps of people helping me, all customers were really good and witnessed not only the fall but my condition afterwards and offered help and wanted to make sure all was ok (and it wasn't), not so from the people who should've cared about all of it .
Go back to the police - they might have been busy at the time but they can respond now !

I hope the funeral goes ok and the flights not too bad.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:20 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Originally Posted by sme
I hope the funeral goes ok and the flights not too bad.
Heh, you've met Layla, can you imagine flying nearly 40hrs with her ? Will be buying some things to keep her busy during the flights.... So glad I bought a stroller as can't carry her at the moment even if she'd need me to.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What I would do? Go back to the hospital and make sure you get a report of all your injuries with photos taken by the emergency room doctor. Then you ring the police and explain that you were at that particular restaurant on Saturday night and were assaulted by the security staff at the restaurant and you want to file charges. If they don't listen then you go to the police station and insist. Next would be to contact an attorney. I wouldn't go anywhere near the restaurant myself, just let the lawyer deal with it.

A bouncer here in Adelaide was just sentenced to 5 years for being "a little rough" and killing a guy. They really need to crack down on these idiots.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:25 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by teza
Heh, you've met Layla, can you imagine flying nearly 40hrs with her ? Will be buying some things to keep her busy during the flights.... So glad I bought a stroller as can't carry her at the moment even if she'd need me to.
Tehri its exactly that sort of stuff (not being able to carry your daughter) you need to be recording etc
How the hell are you going to manage on the plane?
If you are free tomorrow lunchtime, there is a few of us who get together for lunch at The boat in Mindarie - it might cheer you up (if you can drive)
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:39 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Originally Posted by sme
Tehri its exactly that sort of stuff (not being able to carry your daughter) you need to be recording etc
How the hell are you going to manage on the plane?
If you are free tomorrow lunchtime, there is a few of us who get together for lunch at The boat in Mindarie - it might cheer you up (if you can drive)
Thanks, will have to see how tomorrow goes, am desperately trying to get organised for the trip (leaving Fri 6am), wasn't expecting to go but my brother organised it for me so have spent today getting RRV from DIMA and Layla's passport etc. Tomorrow, either if I'm able to alone, or with Jason's help, will try and finish getting stuff organised.... Will keep you in mind though if getting everything done on time. Will text you if I'm coming.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:40 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

What a nightmare.

Can I tell you, I fell and broke my tail bone (coccyx) at Christmas and it was agony. Still is if I sit too long. It doesn't stop me doing anything, and it won't get worse, but my GP thinks it'll never get any better and I'll just have to deal with the pain!

Don't take your injuries lightly. Make sure they're properly noted on your records. I'm not into all this compensation for the sake of stuff, but it sounds like the bouncer needs to be taken to task over his actions, and if you have any, be made to cover any medical costs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.