Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's BE coming to?

What's BE coming to?

Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's BE coming to?

Originally Posted by Seasider
Issit? I've been pecking an awful lot of strangers then!

Ahem. That one might be a bit too friendly, curly. Especially as my Husband's sitting next to me.

Oh and just to warn you, dear Fly Away, I don't often use "z" for "s" but I'm afraid my English is pretty messed up from 6 years in Asia. I say zee. I say gotten. Oh the shame. Can I get elocution lessons in Sydney?

Come to think of it, can I also get lessons on how to use a knife and fork? My table manners are shocking.

edit: Duh. Ignore that first line. Got totally the wrong end of the stick.

I was joking with you hun, hope you weren't offended - couldn't resist. I know the Z and the S change depending on where you're from. I think it is just as confused in Oz - as they have more American influence over their spelling than the UK, so you'll be fine.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:09 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's BE coming to?

Oh god no, no offence taken. I'm just a bit of a giddy kipper tonight, must have had too much sugar.

The "gotten" does trouble me, though. Just doesn't look right the other way now. I also put "already" at the end of sentences. No hope for me.