Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's BE coming to?

What's BE coming to?

Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:26 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's BE coming to?

[QUOTE=saveme;6046637]Whilst I would never be so patronizing (and scared!) to criticize someone for their poor spelling...[QUOTE]

So did you check to see if this bit made sense?

bugger. What a time to mess up the quote. ROFMLAO
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Seasider;6047067][QUOTE=saveme;6046637]Whilst I would never be so patronizing (and scared!) to criticize someone for their poor spelling...

Sorry Seasider but patronising isn't spelt with a Z in English.....

Couldn't resist hun.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Fly Away;6047158][quote=Seasider;6047067]
Originally Posted by saveme
Whilst I would never be so patronizing (and scared!) to criticize someone for their poor spelling...

Sorry Seasider but patronising isn't spelt with a Z in English.....

Couldn't resist hun.
It was Saveme that used the word patronizing, not Seasider.

Couldn't resist
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All......i consider myself to be a 'newbie'........

I've been on here since february and don't think i've offended anyone, yet? I have got alot of posts, but then i am a gobby cow and have alot to say!!!!
BE and it's members have been fantastically helpful to me and my OH whilst trying to sort out our ACS app, god knows what we're gonna be like with the actual visa app..... I read quietly on the side, certain threads that i think are going to benefit myself in the future of visa land and house selling land....but don't actually comment as not in that situ yet.....it sometimes feels like i'm a new kid in the playground and as a previous poster said, am trying to get to know what people on here are like, who you can laugh with, talk with, you start to see the character of a person by reading what they write....
anyway, have met one or two plums ......but overall from a beginners POV, am finding BE happy, friendly, informative, and a great chilling place to be.....

and i use the preview post since making a tit of myself on 'last say' the other night!!

ps : if i PM my bank details can you make sure the payment for this goes in today!!

Last edited by memewest; Mar 10th 2008 at 11:44 pm. Reason: wrong month
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:34 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Is it just me or have there been more trolls on here lately? It seems every second newbie is a shit stirrer with absolutely no respect for the board's rules or anyone else's opinions.

It used to be that I would come on here daily to catch up with people, have a laugh, maybe offer some advice to those who wanted it but now it's just not the same. It's a sad state of affairs.
That's why I don't post hardly at all in the Aus forums anymore....

It's a damn shame when people with experience, and willingness to help are put off.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by memewest
Hi All......i consider myself to be a 'newbie'........

I've been on here since january and don't think i've offended anyone, yet? I have got alot of posts, but then i am a gobby cow and have alot to say!!!!
BE and it's members have been fantastically helpful to me and my OH whilst trying to sort out our ACS app, god knows what we're gonna be like with the actual visa app..... I read quietly on the side, certain threads that i think are going to benefit myself in the future of visa land and house selling land....but don't actually comment as not in that situ yet.....it sometimes feels like i'm a new kid in the playground and as a previous poster said, am trying to get to know what people on here are like, who you can laugh with, talk with, you start to see the character of a person by reading what they write....
anyway, have met one or two plums ......but overall from a beginners POV, am finding BE happy, friendly, informative, and a great chilling place to be.....

and i use the preview post since making a tit of myself on 'last say' the other night!!

ps : if i PM my bank details can you make sure the payment for this goes in today!!
Oh, and thankyou for all the karma i have recieved, but what do i do with it..??
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:42 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I use this thread to do some campainging for Rugbymatt........I promise I wont hijack it again. But can you all go to this thread and vote for him

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520780
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:43 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Can I use this thread to do some campainging for Rugbymatt........I promise I wont hijack it again. But can you all go to this thread and vote for him

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520780
I'm on my way there right now, thanks.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'm on my way there right now, thanks.
Youre welcome!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:47 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
That's why I don't post hardly at all in the Aus forums anymore....

It's a damn shame when people with experience, and willingness to help are put off.
Sorry...didn't realise the thread had gone away from the serious topic
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Sorry...didn't realise the thread had gone away from the serious topic
Damned hijackers!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Damned hijackers!
I only did it for you
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:48 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I only did it for you
Its OK really....................
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Seasider;6047067][QUOTE=saveme;6046637]Whilst I would never be so patronizing (and scared!) to criticize someone for their poor spelling...

I did actually use the BE spell checker before I posted. I also checked my Cassell's English Dictionary (1891 & 1962) and both 'patronize' and 'criticize' are spelt with a 'z'. Interestingly (or not) 'advertise' is spelt with an 's'. I've got a feeling that it is American English that uses the 's'???

Perhaps I should have put 'as' after 'patronizing' too.

I stand by my point that poor spelling and/or punctuation detract from the message.

Dave
ps just used the spell checker again and it queried 'Cassells' so obviously 'patronize' is in its spell checker dictionary.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bix;6047217][quote=Fly Away;6047158]
Originally Posted by Seasider

It was Saveme that used the word patronizing, not Seasider.

Couldn't resist
Touche!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.