Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's BE coming to?

What's BE coming to?

Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:33 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's BE coming to?

Originally Posted by Wendy
I try
and succeed
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Is it just me or have there been more trolls on here lately? It seems every second newbie is a shit stirrer with absolutely no respect for the board's rules or anyone else's opinions.
Bah! Yes, young newbies have no respect these days for their elders and betters, it's not like it used to be when I was young... ... I remember the war....

As long as I can remember BE has been a combination of fabulous information and support with heaps of banter and bollocks in between. Very often, the banter is between the established crew, or 'clique', if you will. Plenty of newcomers admit to feeling intimidated by all the 'in' jokes between people who have known each other for years and think they rule the forum. (Obviously not all 'oldies' are like this! Just pointing out the opposite point of view.)
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gobbledegeek
didn't I say that Mods are generally nice, sexy, intelligent, sexy and sexy? Not in so many words but you know damn well I.........well, I ............ errr........ like you..........lots!!!!

Awww thanks
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:53 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe the number of grown adults who resort to childish taunts when they can no longer support their argument or opinion with anything like reason.

It's almost as if some people stopped developing when the left school. Or maybe it was always like that, and I'm getting older.

I'm starting to think that it was wrong to give the vote to people under 35.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I can't believe the number of grown adults who resort to childish taunts when they can no longer support their argument or opinion with anything like reason.

It's almost as if some people stopped developing when the left school. Or maybe it was always like that, and I'm getting older.

I'm starting to think that it was wrong to give the vote to people under 35.
No, it's wrong to give the vote to people with an IQ below 115.
There are plenty of smart teenagers who I'd be happy to give votes to.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:39 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
same should apply to having babies
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve`o
Agreed.

Did you see that news story the other day about a 21 year old guy who has fathered seven children, all to different women? (/girls) Shocking. If only there were a male contraceptive implant.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:58 am
Account Closed

I can see your point but sometimes experience is better than IQ. In my experience.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

I can see your point but sometimes experience is better than IQ. In my experience.
Granted IQ is not everything, but all the experience in the world can't compensate for being a narrowminded bigot who doesn't understand the first thing about politics or running a country.
I mean honestly, if you were making an important decision would you just grab a few randoms off the street and let them vote on it, regardless of their intelligence, education or interest in the matter? I wouldn't!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:11 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

If only there were a male contraceptive implant.

There is - it's called "copious amounts of beer".
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

Granted IQ is not everything, but all the experience in the world can't compensate for being a narrowminded bigot who doesn't understand the first thing about politics or running a country.
I mean honestly, if you were making an important decision would you just grab a few randoms off the street and let them vote on it, regardless of their intelligence, education or interest in the matter? I wouldn't!
Unfortunately even people with high IQs can be narrowminded bigots who don't understand the first thing about politics or running a country. However one selects the electorate there's always going to be people who are unsuitable for voting.

Back to the original comment (which was in jest) I'm a much more suitable voter now than when I was 18 (or twentysomething).

Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:14 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
What - there's plenty of smart teenagers you'd like to give babies to
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Don't see any real difference.
The forum is like an ocean.
The tide comes in, the tide goes out, but the water always finds it's own level.

Or maybe I should use my favourite analogy of the amoeba.
Wobbles around the edges but continues to flow.

Singling out newbies is both unfair and incorrect in my book.
Without newbies this place will grow old, senile and die.
Maybe a little more tolerance would be advantageous to all.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:47 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
a point well made , everyone is new at some time ,,, some are "new" twice

mostly the trolls are usually gone soonish as they get bored , others who arrive to get three posts & spam ppl are usually rooted out sharpish
heavens forbid.....shirley not - by the way the beetroot is lovely doen here

Originally Posted by Bix
Don't see any real difference.
The forum is like an ocean.
The tide comes in, the tide goes out, but the water always finds it's own level.

Or maybe I should use my favourite analogy of the amoeba.
Wobbles around the edges but continues to flow.

Singling out newbies is both unfair and incorrect in my book.
Without newbies this place will grow old, senile and die.
Maybe a little more tolerance would be advantageous to all.
amen o wise one
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unfortunately even people with high IQs can be narrowminded bigots who don't understand the first thing about politics or running a country. However one selects the electorate there's always going to be people who are unsuitable for voting.
True, true. I just find it weird that a lot of people (probably most people) don't really understand most of the issues involved, yet they still vote. We probably can't understand any way because we don't have all the information. So it all seems a bit pointless.

(And no, there are not plenty of teenagers that I would be happy to give babies to. That's just plain wrong!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.