Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What was your worst ever present!!!

Wikiposts

What was your worst ever present!!!

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice
Default Re: What was your worst ever present!!!

I think my best present was either my 19th birthday, my CBT paid for by my rents or just a month ago my friend bought me a gym membership for a joint bday/xmas pressie...I live for the gym and havent been able to afford a membership for ages so it meant a lot to me!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

ghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant future

i once bought my wife a washing machine,
she said what the f--k do you call this, a present should be personal, so i said ok i wont use it.
ever tasted cold fish and chips, covered in vinegar dragged around the garden by the cat,
i learnt a lesson,

next time get the powder to go in it. lol
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghost rider
i once bought my wife a washing machine,
she said what the f--k do you call this, a present should be personal, so i said ok i wont use it.
ever tasted cold fish and chips, covered in vinegar dragged around the garden by the cat,
i learnt a lesson,

next time get the powder to go in it. lol
I take it your chips didn't taste so good?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mands
I take it your chips didn't taste so good?
hi mands, hows you.

they tasted crap. lol
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghost rider
hi mands, hows you.

they tasted crap. lol
It might of been what the cat stepped in ..

I'm feeling, very emotional at the moment, but its to be expected ..

hows you ? long time no see..
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

SW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really nice

My worst present. An acre of the moon. Cos I'm ever going to get there. Do I really own that acre?

My best present was the one which didn't cost a penny (well, actually it's costing a fortune) that's my precious little princess!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:21 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

a box of liqourice allsorts-bleugh!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:59 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
One christmas I mentioned to the hubby that I fancied a pair of black leather gloves.

Christmas morning, I open a pressie from him - cool, black leather gloves. The family turn up for christmas dinner, after food we sit down to open pressies. Oh look, my sister has bought me a pair of black leather gloves, at which point my sister in law says oh, I'll find the receipt - yup, another pair of black leather gloves. My mother comes to, hands me her pressies - FFS do I really need ANOTHER sodding pair :curse: Everyone else thought it really funny

Jinx - Mum did this to us one year, asked her on the casual what she wanted, she ever so casually mentioned an oil burner. Thought I was real smart about it but imagine our surprise on Xmas day when me, my sister and my dad all got her the same bleedin thing! At least the house smelt nice

Worst ....mmm Mum and Hubby both have a habit of doing the clothes that are far too large. Always hint to hubby I like sexy underwear but 2 years ago I was given a white fluffy size 22 robe that is HUGE (I'm a 16). Arms are about 6 inches past my hands. Annoying too as we were travelling about and I have had to ship the bloody thing from Canada and soon Australia where I am sure it won't get much wear.

Mind you the stuff I give hubby normally ends up going to the charity shop. Pisses me off since I put shedloads of thought into get personal gifts.

So basically from the results to this thread - earlier poster is correct - don't get a woman a practical or useful gift (unless something gadgety that she wants or a vibrator ) and for men only get the stuff that has no personal meaning - xbox games, jokey gifts, boys toys and such!?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:04 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
One year, for my birthday, she gave me a cookie jar that was actually shaped like a cookie.

Good ol' mum.
My mom gave my brother one that was like the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. It was the coolest cookie jar ever! It'd have to be because he was in his 20's at the time.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by justsarah
I just thought of this while posting on the 'Ironing' Thread....

My husband bought me and IRON for Christmas one year!!

My friend had an MOT done on her car off her parents for her birthday once too!!

What was your worst pressie ever......
Hi Sarah,
Mine was a foot spa for my 40th birthday and a gold locket that your great great grandmother would of worn. I would also like to say that these presents were given to me 3 days after my birthday.Then to rub salt into the wounds I told my hubby that I wouldn't wear the locket as its not the type of thing that I would ever wear, so he took it back to the shop for a refund and instead of giving me the money he spent it:curse::curse:.So in the end I ended up with just a belated foot spa(I was not impressed)

Ally
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

About 10 years ago an ex- boyfriend bought me a hamster- but no cage!
Poor little bugger had to live in its cardboard box until the shops opened, then I had to spend heaps buying it a cage (and it it me as it was pissed off being squashed in a box for several days).
I bought him some leather wear for his motorbike.

Hamsters cost about 5quid.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:14 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
For my 21st, my now husband bought me a toaster and 2 pairs of socks... After 19 years of grief about this, what did he buy me for my 40th???

A sat nav!! I went out and bought my self a £400 coat to make up for the disapointment.

I want a sat nav! I would like a Tomtom thingy so I can have John Cleese direct me around Sydney. I'm a bit scared of driving in Sydney and would dearly love someone to just tell me where to go.... ( )
I currently spend hours looking at the street directory and online maps, then brave it. I'm terrified but hey, Eleanor Roosavelt said to do one thing that scares you every day... Driving in Syd is mine...
The rest is child's play in comparison.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:31 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I want a sat nav! I would like a Tomtom thingy so I can have John Cleese direct me around Sydney. I'm a bit scared of driving in Sydney and would dearly love someone to just tell me where to go.... ( )
I currently spend hours looking at the street directory and online maps, then brave it. I'm terrified but hey, Eleanor Roosavelt said to do one thing that scares you every day... Driving in Syd is mine...
The rest is child's play in comparison.
The only downside to the John Cleese is, he doesnt say the street names.

Bloody good fun anyway !!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And after a while the crack about 'that little bastard Napoleon' really gets on my nerves. I've got the Irish guy at the moment, very soothing
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

been very busy, now laid up with a broken arm, but am getting there lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.