Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What are your favourite DVDs?

What are your favourite DVDs?

Old May 2nd 2010, 1:11 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile What are your favourite DVDs?

I have lots of favourite DVDs, ones I can watch lots of times over much to husbands amusement who watches something once and that is that.

I went on Amazon.co.uk and found someone that deals with second hand DVDs, I ordered Vicar of Dibley series 1/2, Goodnight Sweetheart first series, Peter Kay 'That Peter Kay Thing' with his earlier material and it all came to $27 including delivery to Australia.

The DVDs arrived a week later and I cant wait to watch them all, I have also marked this seller on Amazon as he has a good selection of second hand DVDs and it is so cheap to get them sent over. I have also ordered for $13 including delivery, a brand new Peter Kay 'Britains got the pop factor' DVD set of 4. I shall save up for Only fools and Horses.

As I am going through a 'missing family' stage, I find my favourite DVDs always cheer me up and I dont mind second hand ones as long as they can play OK.

My DVD player is region specific so cant play any of mine but my friend is giving me a region free DVD player which I cant wait for.

I shall have a Peter Kay night to make myself laugh. What are your favourite DVDs - the ones that cheer you up, make you laugh/cry and where do you get yours from?
Old May 2nd 2010, 1:41 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: What are your favourite DVDs?

my blackadder dvd I love to bits, with queenie and lord flash heart, you cant beat it! comic timing to perfection it still makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it.
I dont have ANY only fools though- I should really sort that out PP! the batman and robin takes me back to when I used to watch it with my sister we laughed till we went purple and the one with racquel as the singer with that bloke singing 'cwying' ... Im giggling to myself even thinking about it!
Old May 2nd 2010, 6:38 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

kath and kim series 1 & 2

and a video from the 80s - robin williams live at the met ... classic stuff
Old May 2nd 2010, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have lots of favourite DVDs, ones I can watch lots of times over much to husbands amusement who watches something once and that is that.

I went on Amazon.co.uk and found someone that deals with second hand DVDs, I ordered Vicar of Dibley series 1/2, Goodnight Sweetheart first series, Peter Kay 'That Peter Kay Thing' with his earlier material and it all came to $27 including delivery to Australia.

The DVDs arrived a week later and I cant wait to watch them all, I have also marked this seller on Amazon as he has a good selection of second hand DVDs and it is so cheap to get them sent over. I have also ordered for $13 including delivery, a brand new Peter Kay 'Britains got the pop factor' DVD set of 4. I shall save up for Only fools and Horses.

As I am going through a 'missing family' stage, I find my favourite DVDs always cheer me up and I dont mind second hand ones as long as they can play OK.

My DVD player is region specific so cant play any of mine but my friend is giving me a region free DVD player which I cant wait for.

I shall have a Peter Kay night to make myself laugh. What are your favourite DVDs - the ones that cheer you up, make you laugh/cry and where do you get yours from?
I used to have Only fools and horses boxed set in my other truck. I have lots of DVD's in my truck now but the most watched are ... The Shawshank Redemption, No Country for old men and Love actualy
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

debbie does dallas, perth, brisbane, sydney Star Wars
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:21 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alfresco
[strike]debbie does dallas,
Oh, you cheeky boy!
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

I love the films that come on and you can watch over and over... Forest Gump, Notting Hill, Four weddungs..,the Green Mile and of course classics like The Great Escape
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rahrah
Oh, you cheeky boy!

Was just kidding.
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:26 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Was just kidding.
Oh I believe you - thousands wouldn't And I've never been to Dallas (honest!)
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:29 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

I've got "that Peter Kay thing" too. My favourites are Phoenix Nights and any of the Ricky Gervais stand-up DVDs
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:10 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Currently top of a long and changable list:

Spaced, Green Wing, Life On Mars, Withnail and I, Black Books, Father Ted, Flight Of The Conchords, Saxondale, Early Doors, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas.

Recently watched and liked: Tropiuc Thunder, The Damned United, Up In The Air, In The Loop (VERY good).

On the 'to watch' pile: Jonathon Meades Collection (architecture has never been so interesting) and Monty Python box set.
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Is Tropic Thunder worth a watch then? also OH was on about the Dammed United,any good?
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:16 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Shawshank Redemption (best film ever)
The Godfather (whole thing)
Fight Club
The Hurricane
Braveheart
Any Billy Connolly stand up
Only Fools and Horses
Absolutely Fabulous
Father Ted
Bottom
Still Game/Chewing the fat
Stargate SG1/Stargate Atlantis
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh yes, forgot about the Godfather!
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:20 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma75
Is Tropic Thunder worth a watch then? also OH was on about the Dammed United,any good?
I was dubious at first but it is definitely worth a go ... if it doesn't work for you after 20 minutes I'd give it a miss.

The Damned United is very well done, captures that era of football perfectly ... I thought it would be very low budget 'tv series' but it had me in for the duration

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Shawshank Redemption (best film ever)
The Godfather (whole thing)
Fight Club
The Hurricane
Braveheart
Any Billy Connolly stand up
Only Fools and Horses
Absolutely Fabulous
Father Ted
Bottom
Still Game/Chewing the fat
Stargate SG1/Stargate Atlantis
I forgot Fight Club ... In Bruges deserves a rewatch soon too ...

(edit) AND I've been watching Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe ... which is ace ... his commentary on the UK election candidates is good here ... http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...on-brown-clegg

Last edited by DeadVim; May 3rd 2010 at 12:27 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.