Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What threads do you prefer?

What threads do you prefer?

Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:30 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What threads do you prefer?

Originally Posted by jammyjane
I used to love him too, SC, until I saw him being interviewed about Australia, and he called my town 'a toilet'.
I could not feel the same about him after that.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:35 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I think the audacity of calling my town a toilet, after a fleeting visit, with him coming from a place like Glasgow (not known for its scenic beauty or splendour) just struck me as being very hypocritical:curse:

JJ
Glasgow has plenty of beauty and splendour! - just go to all the usual haunts on a friday or sat night and you'll see plenty of street art - ie buckfast bottles all over the street, neds fighting and scaring off the goths etc. empty kebab packets lying around etc etc etc
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:36 pm

My town of 45 years is Whyalla, S.A., a steelmaking town.
I am originally from Cardiff, which rates 2nd only to Bombay in the list of least favoured tourist spots
Whyalla - that explain the 'toilet' thing then
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Whyalla - that explain the 'toilet' thing then
JammyJane puffs up with patriotic pride
True story: While here, BC visits a place called Iron Knob, 30 ks from Whyalla, and the natives are looking restless at this strange person who sticks out like dogs balls in this tiny community.
BC notices a toilet seat hanging above the bar, and says to the publican,
'When did your picture fall out of its frame?'
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
I like the ones with a title that says, "All Aussies are Fat Retards" or "All Australians are Paedophiles". Whenever I read a title like that, you can almost hear the stampede from the doom-and-gloom room as the legions of darkness step into the light for a moment to support their misunderstood brothers and sisters. And they all say how 'yes!' in their experience all Australians *are* fat retarded kiddie fiddlers and anyone who says they aren't is just a turncoat and a moron.

Have got to say that give me a laugh I was feeling a bit down until i read your post ( brillant )
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:09 pm

True story: While here, BC visits a place called Iron Knob, 30 ks from Whyalla, and the natives are looking restless at this strange person who sticks out like dogs balls in this tiny community.

Iron Knob ???
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

See. Glesga humour. Dont care who you offend as long as it gets a laugh. I asked a guy with streaks in his hair if he had been dipped in a vat of tippex and the clown hasn't spoken to me since. They just dont get it.
I had about 4 of them biting in the sports gallery until Soapy jumped in and told them ah was winding them up. Spoiled all my fun. He still owes me for that the shit.

Last edited by framac67; Apr 4th 2009 at 3:20 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Iron Knob ???
Yep, look it up. Not much there now except the pub.
Went to a great Ian Moss concert there a few years ago, it was great, we had a bus service there and back, although I dont recall much of the back bit. if you get my drift....
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:28 pm

Yep, look it up. Not much there now except the pub.
Went to a great Ian Moss concert there a few years ago, it was great, we had a bus service there and back, although I dont recall much of the back bit. if you get my drift....
Ah...on the buckfast again
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Iron Knob ???
Brings back memories. This was my nick-name among the ladies in Glasgow.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ah...on the buckfast again
Not again, SC, still hehehehhehe
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by framac67
ha ha ha ha

Wiz that no in yer days o taking too much acid??? - too many hallucinations?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:33 pm

Not again, SC, still hehehehhehe
Canny get enuf of the stuff
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by framac67
JJ chortles uncontrollably. You wish, framac.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ha ha ha ha

Wiz that no in yer days o taking too much acid??? - too many hallucinations?
The place would have been called FLOPPY DICK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.