Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What threads do you prefer?

Wikiposts

What threads do you prefer?

Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What threads do you prefer?

Originally Posted by jammyjane
I totally agree with you about Eddie Murphy in Delirious, SC.
Especially loved his version of his huge aunty falling down the stairs. My daughter and I frequently re-enact this scene when one of us falls over, LOL
Off topic for a minute. I just luv your name. What is the meaning behind it. Not the Jane bit, the jammy.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:13 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree with you about Eddie Murphy in Delirious, SC.
Especially loved his version of his huge aunty falling down the stairs. My daughter and I frequently re-enact this scene when one of us falls over, LOL
The man is bloody hilarious, i think a lot of people probably don't realise the stand up that Eddie Murphy done before he got into big time acting.

Did you ever manage to watch the t.v/sky series of the P.J's that he wrote?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:17 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
In my experience there are a lot of Brits that I've met that don't "get" comedy from overseas. Although the UK has produced some cracking comedy over the years, to think this is unique or exceptional to the UK is like thinking that Mateship is unique or exceptional to Aus.
that's not to say that I don't like American humour, just not those that were quoted.
I am a fan of Robin Williams, I quite liked the Sex & The City series (not movie) and Two and a half men is quite funny too.
As for Aussie humour, there are a few that I find funny, like Carl Barron and The Chaser Team's stuff. I also really like Chris Lilley's material too.
Just because I think the Brits are masters of comedy doesn't mean I don't appreciate other nation's comedy
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
The man is bloody hilarious, i think a lot of people probably don't realise the stand up that Eddie Murphy done before he got into big time acting.

He was good SC. Connolly was funny as is Gervais. Gervais was on the radio with Hamish and Andy and I was pissing myself driving, trying not to crash. I hadn,t realised he could be side-splitting.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by framac67
Off topic for a minute. I just luv your name. What is the meaning behind it. Not the Jane bit, the jammy.
Firstly, framac, I just love alliteration Jammy is the same as lucky, as you probably know. And jane seemed to fit with it. Judith or Josephine didnt have the same punch
I have a good laugh when I am on American sites, and often get asked if I am still in my jammies. And I usually am, .

Cheers,
Sue
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, never saw that, but I'm sure it was a cracker.
Personally, I think his film career paled into insignificance after watching his brilliant standup efforts. He is a master.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:35 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

He was good SC. Connolly was funny as is Gervais. Gervais was on the radio with Hamish and Andy and I was pissing myself driving, trying not to crash. I hadn,t realised he could be side-splitting.
As far as i'm concerned, Billy Connolly is the funniest man on the planet.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

As far as i'm concerned, Billy Connolly is the funniest man on the planet.
I used to love him too, SC, until I saw him being interviewed about Australia, and he called my town 'a toilet'.
I could not feel the same about him after that.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:42 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

check this out if you liked that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr9_5uZn6ds
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Firstly, framac, I just love alliteration Jammy is the same as lucky, as you probably know. And jane seemed to fit with it. Judith or Josephine didnt have the same punch
I have a good laugh when I am on American sites, and often get asked if I am still in my jammies. And I usually am, .

Cheers,
Sue
I use it all the time in Qld and have to explain maself more often than not. Ah dont use alliteration and normally put it in front of bas**rd. Wan o ma favy words.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

I used to love him too, SC, until I saw him being interviewed about Australia, and he called my town 'a toilet'.
I could not feel the same about him after that.
JJ. Was that too close to the truth. Spot the alliteration.
He is a fellow welder from the working class areas of Glasgow so that could be me (if ah was funny)
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:52 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite threads are the ones in which people wring their hands and wrack their brains and discuss what's wrong with BE (or whichever forum I'm surfing at the time) and how the quality of threads has gone downhill and nobody's funny any more and...well, you know what I mean.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

JJ. Was that too close to the truth. Spot the alliteration.
He is a fellow welder from the working class areas of Glasgow so that could be me (if ah was funny)
I think the audacity of calling my town a toilet, after a fleeting visit, with him coming from a place like Glasgow (not known for its scenic beauty or splendour) just struck me as being very hypocritical:curse:

JJ
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think the audacity of calling my town a toilet, after a fleeting visit, with him coming from a place like Glasgow (not known for its scenic beauty or splendour) just struck me as being very hypocritical:curse:

JJ
How bloody dare you woman. Glasgow is certainly not a toilet.:curse: A total shit hole maybe but it has its good bits. When I think of some al let you know.
what is your town jj.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

How bloody dare you woman. Glasgow is certainly not a toilet.:curse: A total shit hole maybe but it has its good bits. When I think of some al let you know.
what is your town jj.
My town of 45 years is Whyalla, S.A., a steelmaking town.
I am originally from Cardiff, which rates 2nd only to Bombay in the list of least favoured tourist spots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.