Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What threads do you prefer?

What threads do you prefer?

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What threads do you prefer?

What the hell happened to white dogshit ... ?

The pavements of Britain were littered with the stuff 20 years ago ... Now you can't find a decent sample of white dogshit anywhere ... ?

Do others feel that our canine cousins have altered their dietary habits over the years, in turn leading to the demise of the once great white dogshit ... ?

yeah ... and Spangles.

Originally Posted by busterboy
Oh, oh, me, me....'the dogshitometre' threads.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:27 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
This is very British It's amazing how Aussies get slagged off for being overly patriotic Brits should be the proudest, most patriotic nation on earth with our achievments, but seem to prefer to run the place down.
I think in a way though, if we were not so self-depricating we wouldn't be who we are as Brits. Most of our humour is based on self-deprication and that is one of the reasons why the UK is deemed by many around the world to be the home of comedy
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I think in a way though, if we were not so self-depricating we wouldn't be who we are as Brits. Most of our humour is based on self-deprication and that is one of the reasons why the UK is deemed by many around the world to be the home of comedy
and also, perversely, why so many people don't get our humour
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:32 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hence the genius that is Billy Connolly
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:32 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

and also, perversely, why so many people don't get our humour
ie: the Yanks.

Although they have started to understand the irony side of our comedy in Ricky Gervais and Sasha Baron-Cohen's various characters, maybe self-deprication is on their next to learn list?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

ie: the Yanks.

Although they have started to understand the irony side of our comedy in Ricky Gervais and Sasha Baron-Cohen's various characters, maybe self-deprication is on their next to learn list?
I think British humours been a little watered down of late. As if Brit comedians are trying too hard to appeal to the American audience.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:45 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
I think British humours been a little watered down of late. As if Brit comedians are trying too hard to appeal to the American audience.
I'd hardly say that those two I quoted are watered down. Gervais treads a very thin line sometimes. You look at his standup shows and there aren't many comedians who can make the Holocaust, Child Abuse and racism funny whose names don't start with "Bernard" and end in "Manning"
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

I'd hardly say that those two I quoted are watered down. Gervais treads a very thin line sometimes. You look at his standup shows and there aren't many comedians who can make the Holocaust, Child Abuse and racism funny whose names don't start with "Bernard" and end in "Manning"
I agree BS. thinner on the ground but not watered down
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs

The pavements of Britain were littered with the stuff 20 years ago ... Now you can't find a decent sample of white dogshit anywhere ... ?

Do others feel that our canine cousins have altered their dietary habits over the years, in turn leading to the demise of the once great white dogshit ... ?

yeah ... and Spangles.
Best you start a new thread for that!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

My post wasnt in relation to yours and I dont know why I quoted it but I love comedy and the more inappropriate the better.

Suppose I just think that if the Americans love a certain comedian then that comedian must be shit. Pissed my self through Borat but never really got the Office or Extras - mildly funny though.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs

yeah ... and Spangles.
Organic Pedigree Chum perhaps?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
Organic Pedigree Chum perhaps?
there used to be chalk in dog food, but not anymore, hence no white dogdoo
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

there used to be chalk in dog food, but not anymore, hence no white dogdoo
How do you know that?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
How do you know that?
a mine of truly useless info I'm afraid
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:03 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

by the way that post of mine was badly written. I was not trying to say that Bernard Manning was at all funny, merely pointing out that Gervais approaches controversial topics much more successfully than he or Jim Davidson were ever able to. All the time managing to escape the tag of "bigot" or "racist"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.